Wednesday 25 April 2012

Basic Grey and Bright Red :)

Picture 006c copy    

Morning lovely peeps and what a wash out it is here today.
Yesterday was plain grey and today is just plain wet!!! Apparently this is it for the next 5 days so I  better get me wellies out or I’ll end up with webbed feet!! After all the non rain and this drought thing, we can’t really moan I suppose.

So I’ll shut up and get on with today’s card lol!!

Out theme this week over at the Simon Says Stamp Challenge is

Anything Goes

This week we are showcasing Paper Smooches stamps but you don't HAVE to use them if you don't want to. But if you have them,  we would love to see what you do with them :-)

As always the loveliness that is Heidi is giving away a fantastic …..

which our winner gets to spend…

right here :)

But that’s not all this week peeps because the lovely Kim Hughes, who is the designer of  the  Paper Smooches range of stamps,  is giving a 2nd lucky winner a choice of 2 stamp sets ! :-)

And Kim also gave us all a set of stamps to play with – hugest thanks chick x

And this …

Picture 001c copy

… is what I did with mine.

I used the sweet little turtle from the  Party Posse set …

*Paper Smooches PARTY POSSE Clear Stamps Kim Hughes

.. and coloured him with these Copics -

E41, E50, E81, E87, R02, R05, R17, R27, R59

I cut him out and put him on a Nestabilities LABELS 18

Picture 004c copy

The paper is from the Basic Grey12 x 12 Basic White Paper Pack

You can just about see the border I made with a Spellbinders CLASSIC SCALLOP Edgeabilities Die and the ribbon and buttons were from my stash.

The gems started out clear but I gave them a swipe with a black Copic so that they stood out a bit more.

Picture 002c copy

Picture 003c copy

Righty-oh, that’s the card done and I’m doing one of me trolley dashes here today as I have shed loads of work to do again. It won’t do itself  (ohh wouldn't that be fab if it did!!) so I best crack on with it.

Have a fabby (and dry) day and I’ll be back tomoz.

Huggiest of them there hugs to all xxx

8 comments:

Lorraine A said...

fabulous card Dawny :-) such a cute image and the CAS style is fab ,,, LOVE it :-)

luv
Lols x x x

Victoria said...

lovely card hun
the paper looks lush
Vicky
ps candy on mine if you are interested xxx

Tanya said...

Gorgeous card Dawny! I love the colours, those black gems are perfect on it :D that image is so cute too :)

Tags xx

Unknown said...

This is so cute. I love the red. This would fit my weekly challenge so pop on over and enter this beauty.

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

What a sweet little turtle!! This sentiment made me giggle...love it!

*mwah*
Steph
Simon Says Stamp!

debby4000 said...

Oh this is so cute Dawny and gorgeous too.
luv
Debby

Sandi said...

love love love, hugs

Jo Nevill said...

Super cute card Dawny ! Love it !

Hugs,

Jo x