Thursday 19 April 2012

Lilac & Lovely and a FAB Blast From The Past :)

Picture 005c copy

Morning lovely peeps and hope you are all OK today.

We’re almost at the end of the week and the weekend is within spitting distance – wooohooooo :)

So time to nip over to see what’s  happening at the Lili’s Little Fairies Challenge and this week our theme is

Diamonds & Pearls

so if you are a blingy sort of girlie, as indeedy I am, then this is right up your street

There’s  2 lovely Lili of the Valley stamps as a prize this week  Wish Upon a Star &   Blossom

image image

So ….

 Picture 001c copy    

... this is what I did.

The image is called Party Girl and I coloured her with these Copics -

Skin -  E000, E00, E11, E21, R00, R20

Hair – E43, E50, E81

The rest – V000, V91, V95, Y0000, Y02, Y06, Y08, Y11, Y28

The papers are all from Nitwits and they are from the Gratitude collection

Picture 004c copy

I did a bit of fiddly-deeing here.

It’s a  mixture of these Magnolia dies ….

*Magnolia HEART TAG Doohickeys Cutting Dies       *Magnolia DOILY FLOWERS Doohickeys Cutting Dies

… which are both from Simon Says Stamp, and topped off with a rolled flower.

The self adhesive pearls are from Wild Orchid Crafts

Picture 006c copy

I decorated the inside to match the front, so you know what that means …..

Picture 002c copy

Picture 003c copy

… ay, I’m putting this card on

logoEbay_x45 (1)[1]

shortly ( the pic is linked to my little bit of sell-ie cyber space :)

So that’s the card done and time for this weeks BFTP.

Now I have to tell you that whenever I hear this one, I cannot help myself from bopping about like a crazy fool!!!!.  I’m sure that I’m not the only one (am I???? Please tell me I’m not!!)

Years ago I was having a new window fitted and this came on the radio and off I went. One of the glaziers actually started dancing with me – didn’t even know his name (ohh what a trollop!!). There we were jiving about in the living room and once the music stopped, I went back to  whatever I was doing at the time (ironing or some other domestic duty no doubt) and he went back to fitting the window and we were both howling with laughter.  My kids was agog and aghast (yet again, the poor little sods!!) .  It was very surreal and years later I saw him getting out of a lift in Birkenhead (this is sooo random) and we sort of looked at each other in a ‘where do I know you from’ kind of way. It was only later than I realised. I wonder if he did as well!!

So I’ll leave you with a bit of Billy Joel (or Billy Jo-el – however you say it).

Have a happy day and see you tomoz and huggiest of hugs to all xxxx

All together now …… and btw,  scuse the rather cheesy vid. It was probably cutting edge at the time lol :)

10 comments:

Mau xx said...

Fabulous card Dawny, I so love the colour :) and the layering and detail are gorgeous. I love to come and see your creations. xx
Yes and I am singing my head off here....lol I can just picture the chaps face when he realised where he knew you from....lol
hugs Mau xx

Kath Stewart said...

gorgeous card as always and what are you like...I'm doing my BJ impression and the Furry Boy has just left the room...one embarrassed dog...hugs kath xxx

Sassy Scrapper said...

Gorgeous card sweetie I love this darling image, lovely layout and embellies. Your handmade flowers are gorgeous.
Hugs Bonnie

Unknown said...

I love your image. These stamps are amazing
Hugs

Unknown said...

Hi Dawny, love your card, the image is so sweet and love the color you picked for her dress. Have a great weekend, hugs Frea

Unknown said...

What a wonderful card Dawny, I love the colours and the image is just sooo cute! and yes i`ve been bopping along to the music.
Hugs Val xxx

debby4000 said...

Adorable beautiful card Dawny, off to itunes to find some Billy Joel.
luv
Debby

Marjorie said...

Beautiful card hun, gorgeous colours and design...I love BJ..you still can't beat the oldies lol!! Loved your story, it made me smile..so romantic lol!!
Hugs,
Marjorie
xx

Laila said...

Ohh I just LOVE your cards. They're always so brilliant and perfect.
Hugs Laila

jem (jane elizabeth middleton) said...

a vision in purple,great card,lovely detail.janex