Wednesday 18 April 2012

Hi Ho, Hi Ho :)

Picture 005c copy

Hi there sweet peeps and hope[you are all OK today.

It’s that time of the week when we hop across the pond and check out what’s happening over at the Simon Says Stamp Challenge.

This week we have a little piggy sketch ………

… and it’s this bad boy here.

As always, our Heidi is giving away a whopping …..

... which our winner will get to spend in the store ….

Simon Says Stamp

… right here.

This week the Design Team are showcasing American Crafts and/or Martha Stewart products. If you have either of these two products, we would love to see them in your projects this week but if not, please come and join us anyway !!

So …

Picture 001c copy

.. this is what I did.

For a change, I thought I’d use one of my forgotten Sarah Kay stamps (ohh how could I!!) and this one is called  Gardens  Need Many Helpers.

I coloured the little sweetie with these Copics -

Skin – E000, E00, E11,  R00, R20

No Hair today as it’s hidden under the big old hat :)

The rest – B0000, B000, B00, B05, B45, B93, B95, B97, C2, C4, E25, E29, E33, E50, YG0000, YG00, YG03, YG23

The papers are all from the First Edition Up Up & Away 6 x 6 paper pack.

Picture 004c copy

I used one of my Martha Stewart PATP punch sets to make this little mini doily.

There’s a vid on YouTube which I now cannot find but I’ll have a look and edit this is I do come across it. Basically you just use the corner part of the set  - it works with most of the patterns - to go around the edge of a circle. As long as you line up the edge of the circle with the edge of the punch it will be fine. And if it doesn’t quite meet up when you get to the end, just stick a bow over it or cover it up with something else like I’ve done here.

The flowers were made using a Martha Stewart STAMP & PUNCH FLOWER Set 42-25006  - I just used the punch bit - and a Martha Stewart Frond Leaf punch

Picture 002c copy

Picture 003c copy 

And there we are all done.

My ‘to do’ list is still there but not quite as long as it was yesterday, wooohooooo. And hopefully by tomorrow it will have even less on it, so even more wooohoossss!!! . Sometimes you just have to block everything out and do one thing at a time otherwise it would do your head in for sure!!!

Aww we had some good news yesterday. One of Richard’s oldest friends had lost his little Jack Russell doggy, Rusty a few weeks ago. He was out walking  in the fields with him at the back of his farm and he literally disappeared. We thought that he may have gone down a rabbit hole and got stuck. But not knowing where he was was driving R’s friend mad and he was so upset because he loves that little dog. We just kept our fingers crossed that he would be found.  And he was :)  He was in North Wales  which is about 35 miles away and we think he has gotten out of the field and into a car - it’s the only explanation really. But he is safe and sound and they have been reunited. All’s well that ends well.

Righty oh, I better go and get through a few more items on the list. Have the fabbiest of days me darlings and see you tomorrow with some more cardage.

Take care and huggiest of hugs to all xxx

17 comments:

Jill said...

Fabulous card sweetie!
Loved your sketch, already used it and post it tomorrow :)
Have a nice day and don't stress to much
Hugs

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Dawny :-) I love the image,,, soo cute and the colours and embellies are fab :-)

aww ,, nice to have a happy ending :-) it is awful when a fur baby goes missing and you don;t know what happened to them ,,,

luv
Lols x x x

Sandi said...

oh this is gorgeous, I should be headed out to pull some ugly weeds from my almost blooming iris, I also love happy endings. hugs

Unknown said...

First I love the hi hi hi ho I though for sure the dwarfs were going to work . I love this image what a fantastic job you did.

Unknown said...

Hi Dawny, brilliant spring card, love the image and I have those papers too, love the fresh colours! Hugs, Frea

jem (jane elizabeth middleton) said...

fab card Dawn, love that image,great bright colours. janex

ribenaruby said...

What a happy ending Dawny :)))) Love the great colours on your card, excellent colouring! Ruby x

Sarah said...

Great card Dawny, love the colours.

So pleased to hear your friends little dog has turned up safe and sound.

Sarah xx :0)

Sue said...

Hi Dawny
as ever a gorgeous card, awesome colouring, lovely papers & embelies, sue,x

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

Super sweet card, Domi! I just love how the bright colors you colored your stamp image with POP against the softer colors of the papers!

*mwah*
Steph
Simon Says Stamp!

Berry said...

This is such a cute card Dawn fab zingy colours and great news about your friends dog! Hugs rebekah xx

Unknown said...

Hi Dawn, fab card, lovely and birght. Glad to hear about the happy ending with your friends dog. Hugs Val xxx

debby4000 said...

Oh what a gorgeous card Dawny, love the sweet image and those papers.
luv
Debby

ang said...

lovey card I love the colours you have used thanks for sharing angxx

Jo Nevill said...

Super card Dawny, such a great colour combo. Love the image you have used too.

Hugs,

Jo x

Mau xx said...

What a super card Dawny, I love the beautiful fresh look, the colours are amazing. Love the image too, I adore SK images and I think I need to find this one to buy xx
Hugs Mau xx
Glad to hear the happy ending :))

Suzanne said...

Gorgeous card and fab sketch, will have a go with it tonight, hopefully. Hope you are keeping well x