Monday 9 April 2012

OML – You Are The BEST :)

 

Hi there peeps.

Oh what a lovely bunch of peeps you are. I did know that anyway of course because crafters are FAB,  but the response to my call out for knitters has been amazing – you can see it here. Even the non knitters amongst us have been kindly putting something on their blogs to let others know.

I am so touched by your kindness, I really am. Bless your hearts and hugest of  thanks to every single one of you who has helped here xxxx

I managed to get mine done and here it is …..

Picture 018c

… I’m not much of a knitter but it is an easy peasy pattern.

You can see why I asked my card club lady about it because they don’t look like conventional baby jumpers do they.  I wondered as I was knitting mine about the little mite who would end up wearing it – I will never know of course,  but I do know that every single one will be appreciated for sure and I will take some pics once they start arriving and put them on here.

Our egg hunt went well and the rain held off so that the dinks could go about their hunting in the dry!!! It was a bit of a free for all after and we realised that maybe we had gone a bit mad with the choccies!!! I left them to it and made bacon butties and hot cross buns for the larger kids amongst us lol!!!!. Some of us had delicate heads following the party on Saturday but the brekkies soon sorted that one out!!!

Going back to the jumpers, I watched the kids yesterday – each and every one of them are lucky and have so much. Of course I am grateful and thankful for that but it was pretty humbling watching them and thinking about the crap start in life that others have.

I also have a card to share and  …..

Picture 0011 copy

… here it is.

I popped it on the LOTV Ideas To Inspire blog yesterday but didn’t manage to put it on here as I was busy with the kids first thing then we went out to Emma’s partners folks' for lunch (and VERY nice it was too and no cooking for me!!).

Picture 005c copy

I’ve used the fabulous  Land Ahoy image and popped it into it’s own porthole and this image is perfect for all those little sea dogs out there, bless their little hearties lol!!!

The image was coloured in Copics and these are the colours I used -

Skin -  E000, E00, E11, E21

Hair - E25

The rest – B0000, B02, B93, B95, B97, E43, E50, E81, R05, R17, R27, R59,

The papers are all by Nitwits

Picture 004c copy

I bevelled the sentiment – just to do something a bit different really!!

  Picture 002c copy

Picture 003c copy

That’s me done for today and hugest of thanks to all once again xxx

I hope that you all enjoy the rest of your Easter and thank you for stopping by today.

Huggiest of hugs

Dawny xxx

8 comments:

Marja Sch said...

What a wondrful card so cute. Hugs Marja

Arielle H Gordon said...

Very cute!!! Love the colors and that beautifully colored image!

Anne said...

Love you card Dawny but your little jumper is perfect and no matter what we think they look like as long as they go some way to helping these poor little mites, that's fine by me. Hugs x

mckinkle said...

Fabulous jumper Dawn! I had to smile as what you said was exactly what was going through my mind as I was sewing my first one up!

Can I ask for the forwarding address please?

Keryn x

keryn.mcnicol@virginmedia.com

Annette Bowes said...

Lovely to see another jumper resembling the one I have knitted lol! love your colours! Beautiful card love all the layers, take careX:)

Mau xx said...

super Card Dawny, love the cute image and the layout is fab xx
Great to see your Jumper Whew!! glad mine looks like it as onto my 2nd set. I think cards are taking a back seat :0 lol
Hugs Mau xx
Ps can you maybe pop onto the post how long the jumpers are approx when finished. Thanks Dawny xx

Amanda said...

Well I have got the rib bit done! :-P My mum (Mau xx) will vouch that I am no knitter but I will do my very best...it might take me a little while though lol. I hope you don't want them by tomorrow!! lol

Liz Miller said...

Hi Dawn. I have a couple of the tops and beanies ready to post to you if you could let me know where to send them to.
Liz xx