Monday 16 April 2012

All Things Bright And Beautiful :)

Picture 010c copy

Hi peeps.

I hope that you are all okayand that you all had a great weekend.

I'm a little bit late with my card as this should have been on yesterday, but better late than never I suppose, and hugest of apols to Mary & Andrea. I have slapped myself senseless (which could explain quite a lot really!!!).

So, it's time to head over to The Ribbon Girl Blog for this month’s colour challenge which is …..

Orange , Pink & Aqua

As usual we have two great prizes from The Ribbon Girl ….

(a  gorgeous fuschia ribbon mini kit)

and from Lili Of The Valley …..

a £10 voucher to spend in their online store)

Once again for this month we have an inspiration picture to help get you motivated and remember that you can create with shades of the colours for the challenge

I LOVE these colours :)

So……

Picture 006c copy

… this is what I did.

The image is called Suzie with Bunny and it is available from Whimsy Stamps.

I coloured her with these Copics -

Skin – E000, E00, E11, E21, R00, R20

Hair – E41, E43, E50, E81

The rest - B0000, B000, B00, B12,  B45, B93, B95, B97,  E41, E43, E50, E81, R85, RV0000 , RV000, RV00, Y35, YG03, YR0000, YR04, YR07, YR68,.

The papers are from Nitwits and they are from the FQB Confection and FQB Egg-stra Special collections.

They are just perfect for this challenge I think.

Picture 009c copy

A trio of beautiful ribbons ;)

They are all from The Ribbon Girl of course and they are orange 15mm satin16mm aqua open weave ribbon and 16mm hot pink / white saddlestitch ribbon.

The  pale pink spotty and  small aqua striped buttons are also from The Ribbon Girl.

Picture 011c copy 

You can just about see  the yummy 16mm orange / white saddlestitch ribbon.

I found these felt flowers in my stash and to be honest I've had them the years, so I'm really sorry peeps  but I don't know where they came from.

Picture 007c copy

Ooops!!

Guess who didn't flatten down the ribbon before she took the picture.  I tried to cover it up by putting my watermark over it on the other pics but I know that you are too smart to be fooled lol!!!

But it still looks gorgeous even with the bow tail sticking up[!!!  – it’s 15mm Orange No 42 Microdot Ribbon.

Picture 008c copy

So that's me done for today.

I hope your eyes are still intact peeps. I seem to be doing the brights a fair old bit recently, and I have a feeling that tomorrow may be more of the same. I think the change in the weather is affecting one of my pair of brain cells!!!

Anyway I hope that you're all having a fab evening and I'll be back tomorrow with some more cardage (and there may even be a giveaway) so until then, huggiest of hugs to all xxx.

13 comments:

Anne-Marie said...

I love the Wee Suzie images....remind me of my just-turned 2 year old granddaughter, Yvie, lol.
I'm lovin' the brights you've been using, and I just may have to pinch that idea with the button/ribbon tags on the side..haa!

Unknown said...

wow stunning card ...really such a cute card the image is so pretty dawny...so lively and vibrant just love it colours are perfect together hugs sassx

Hazel said...

Hey Dawny

Absolutely fabulous card - I so love these images and love the bright and vibrant colours - excellent!

Be back to see you soon.

Toodle pip

Hazel x

mags said...

Gorgeous card Dawny. The image is lovely and I just love your fab, bright colours.
Mags
x

Tanya said...

This is gorgeous, lovely and bright! makes me think of summer :D

Tags xx

Sandi said...

spunky, cheerful and bright, love those details. Hugs

Linda (Lindyloo) said...

Hi Dawny,
Oh you did make me giggle talking about your two little grey cells, I was imagining them arguing about the colour choice for the day!! Hehe
Well I for one adore your lovely 'Bright Period', it is refreshing and so cheerful. Everyday, I look forward to the reveal of your latest creation. Keep up the good work.
Hugs Linda x

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

Brilliant card Dawny love the bright colours x

Beth said...

Ooh gorgeous card! I love these colours and your little ribbon tags are adorable!

Love Beth xx

Debbie said...

Fab card Dawny.Love the bright colours.Cute stamp.Hugs Debbie x

Annette said...

woohoo, another Dawny masterpiece. I really love this one, the colour combos are one I would not have thought go so well, but they're AMAZING. Love the "brights".
Annette xx

Mau xx said...

Wow! I love this Dawny, the colours are amazing and i would never have thought of using them myself. You have got the mix perfect. Will be over to play :)
Hugs mau xx

ang said...

love the way you have put this card together, when I first saw this colour challenge I could not see how it would work, but your card is beautiful thanks for sharing ang