Friday 19 February 2010

Tilda-Tastic & Papers To Die For!!!

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

Hi peeps  and hope that everyone is well xxx

Guess who forgot to write a sentiment on the tag that Tilda is holding – doh!!!!!

Anyway, it’s Friday, the weekend is nearly here and it’s time for another fab challenge over at Just Magnolia.  This week there is a wonderful sketch by the very lovely Jay Jay …….

JayJay sketch week 41[1]

…………….. its this one and and it was a pleasure to work with it. 

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA          

And here’s what I did with it.

Now of course you’ll know that I coloured Miss Tilda with my old faithfuls and there is a teeny bit of the blingy stuff on here.

But what my crappo photography doesn’t really show is just how gorge those papers are. Those of you who know me will know that I am a real paper stroker and when these arrived at chez Piggy, I KNEW I just had to use them – like NOW. But I had a terrible job actually putting the scissors near them -  ohh it was tough. And it was a wonder they were useable at all after all the drooling I did over them – practically soggy they were lol!!

But I was brave and I did it!!!

They are the new My Mind’s Eye papers and they are from the Lush range. The damask one that I used here is actually flocked and is so strokeable, it really is.  I’d actually put it on my walls!!!! And it picks up the ink really nicely if you are distressing / inking up the edges.

I said they were ‘to die for’ and that is exactly where you can get your mitts on them peeps – from the fabby-tastic Tracy over at Dies To Die For. You can see them in their full glory here and you can also get a fine array of PMs there as well as gazillions of other yummy stuff as well.

 OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

Here’s where you get to see the dimension – and there is some here cos we don’t do flat as a rule lol xxx I’ve been at the Wild Orchid Crafts paper woses and the tulle again. And there’s another one of Martha’s finest on there as well. Ohh have you seen the new MS punches that are out?  Check those babies out here :)

So that‘s me done for today!!! If you get a sec, do nip over and see what the other Magnolia chicksters have done with Jay Jay’s sketch, and all of it just stunning. Have a fab day and a great weekend and don't forget Easties tonight – we’re gonna find out who killed Archie.

Dum dum dum dum dum.

My money is on either Jack Branning or Peggy ‘ger art of ma pub’ Mitchell. Or maybe it’s Phil and Peggy takes the rap for him. Or what about Sean Slater? Or Grant?

Dum dum dum dum dum.

If you think I’m sad, you should see Emma. Her office have a sweep going lol!!!

Tarra for now peeps xxxx

24 comments:

Sol said...

This is so cute... And the sentiment... It´s on the other side... right.. :).. Love the border punch and frames on the image.. Lovely card... And... I agree. The papers are beautiful. :)

Stempeltiger said...

WOW! Such a fab card Dawny!
I love the soft colours, the beautiful border and the cute image.
Hugs
Swantje

Maria Therese said...

Amazing colors and details! Wishing you a sweet weekend!

Tini A. said...

Love your card! It´s so beautifl. And I love the colors on your card. Hugs Tini

scotspanda said...

ooooh scrummy papers chick, love them.

You've come up with the person I suspected at the start and thats Sean Slater......I suppose we will all know tonight lol

lotsalove

Amanda xx

Sarah said...

What a stunning card, comnpletely gorgeous and full of detail x

craftymum said...

Another beautiful card
Dawny
Love Sarah XXX
p.s. I left a comment yesterday about the light box thingy and said I had ordered it. Well it came this morning. Fantastic service. Thanks or the info.
I will try and play with it now!!!!

Debs M said...

what a gorgeous card! is that a nestie you use? if so which one? x

PepPop said...

Wow what a beautiful card. I love the way you've coloured it and I can see why you didn't want to cut your paper. Stunning. Jaqui x

Jane said...

Your card is so gorgeous Dawny, so glad you managed to cut those delish papers for us all to see - stunning! hugs, Jane xxx

~Denise Lynn~ said...

Beautiful card Dawny! Love the soft color combo and the pretty flower accents. Those papers look fab, wish I could touch them! ;) Beautiful coloring on that sweet image too. :)

Kathy said...

This is just gorgeous Dawny!! I love the colors and papers!! Also this is such a cute Tilda! (Well aren't all of them pretty much! haha)
I hope you have a wonderful week-end :)Kathy

Marina said...

Fabulous card Dawny!
I love the soft colours and borders, papers and design are gorgeous.

Hugs,
Marina

cheryl said...

OMG hun totally amazing brilliant colurs,stunning colouring love it love it hugs cheryl xxx

Mandi said...

I love the look of those papers too Dawny They look fabulous

Have good weekend
xx

Yvonne said...

LOL, did make me LOL .. See My bet was on BEN .... we were both wrong!
Beautiful card. Love the colours you have used on this.

Lena said...

Fab card, Dawn. I love the soft colours, the beautiful border and this Tilda adorable. It´s so beautiful!!
Hugs,
Lena

ThePurplePlace said...

Your cards are ALL amazing! You are a very talented crafter!

Congratulations!!

Lisa

PS: I never even noticed that you forget the sentiment, and I still LOVE the card!!

Dawn said...

Hiyaaaa!
Well another lurverly card and yup those papers look yummilicious..

EEEk!! Stacey did it!!! and I see she wasn't even interviewed on the Aftermath thingie on Sky and no sign of good old Babs either...
Strange!!

Hugs
Dawn
x

Kath Stewart said...

this is so gorgeous....loving those beautiful papers....big hugs kath xxxx

Kim said...

Dawny this is absolutely beautiful hun! I love it!
Hugs~ Kim

Loz said...

Love the colours and of course that sweet image!!

Lisa said...

Wow! I just love Tilda and you really did her justice! She is absolutely beautiful! I love the paper and the flowers are gorgeous! Wow! Wow! Wow!
Hugs,
Lisa

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card..loving those papers too! Really nice soft colours, and I like the tulle again as usual!!