Sunday 21 February 2010

Something Completely Different

Picture 003 copy

Morning lovely peeps and hope everyone is well xxx

It’s Sunday so that means it's time for another challenge over at Anyone For Anya and this week we thought it might be nice to do something different. So that’s our challenge :)

You can use an image you’ve not used before or try a different card fold or technique – it’s entirely your choice. I decided to do a male card as it isn't something I usually do and also this is the first outing for Dressy Eddie here. There is a fab prize as well, kindly donated by the very wonderful Tracy at Dies To Die For.

As always, I coloured Eddie with my PMs, but no bling natch!!!

Now is it me or does this image remind you of Philip Schofield?????

It’s a totally fab image for a blokey card I think!!

Picture 001 copyedit

So here’s me card.

Now check out some more of these awesome papers!!
These are more of the MME Lush, this time in red. And such good value I think as they are double sided. You can get them from Tracy at Dies To Die For and you can see them here.

Picture 004 copy

I finished it all off with a couple of buttons, a sentiment and some black stick on gems. The other girls have been a lot more adventurous than I have and there are some completely gorgeous cards over at the blog so if you get a sec, don't forget to check it all out.

Well it’s a cold and snowy morning here in Chester and I have to go out in it shortly – not looking forward to that!! But I’ve got me and new camera and it was absolute bargain from Argoose. It’s a Samsung which I’ve never used before but Emma has one and I borrowed it to take these pics and was quite pleased. As it happens, the newest version is on offer and I got it for just under £80. It has an auto scene function which will hopefully take all the guess work out for me so maybe you’ll get to see some better quality pics, assuming I don't mess them up in the editing!!!

But being the dope that I am, I forgot the get the memory card to go with it – I wondered why it only let me take 2 pics and then it said ‘memory full’ – doh!!! So that's where I am off shortly!!

And what about Easties?
Well I didn’t see that one coming!!!
And poor old Bradley – it will not be the same without him. Maybe he'll end up taking the rap for Stacey. Did anyone see the show that went out after where they interviewed the cast? I wonder why the actress that played her wasn't on it? Verrrry strange that and no Babs Windsor either!!!

No doubt it will all come out in the wash, but until then we have Dancing On Ice to look forward to tonight. Ohh I do love watching Dan and Hayley – probably not as much as Kath but there again. I don't reckon she even notices Hayley lol !!!!

I’ve got dinner organised – we are having quesadillas tonight (cheese and chilli, yummy) and we had tacos last night and chilli con carne last week. To be honest, I’m beginning to wonder if I’m over-doing the Mexican food thing though.

What do you think???

Pry044 - dppancho

And on that note I’m off to find me Gillette Mach 3 or whatever it’s called (hark at me pretending I don't know lol!!!) and sort out the mush before I frighten the kids!!!

Have a fab Sunday and see ya soon if not sooner and hugs to all xxxx

18 comments:

Anne said...

Love your posts Dawny, you always make me smile. The image certainly does look like Philip Schofield (yummy!) and your card is a real beaut. I have a Samsung phone which I take all my photos on and find it great. Hope you get your memory card. Hugs xx

Maria Therese said...

What a cool dude card!!

Donalda said...

You are just a nut dear. So love reading your posts, Makes me laugh every time dear.
What a lovely card hon. So love it and such yummy papers you have used too. Hugs

Ciacchina said...

mi hai fatto sorridere!!!
bella card, diversa dalle solite e adatta ad un maschio (cosa assai rara!)

Michelle Short said...

Great card Dawny, I love it! Great layout as always and he does look like Philip Schofield doesn't he?!! Great papers! xx

PepPop said...

LOL. Thanks for your post and the giggle. Love your card too. Jaqui x

Emma (metalicbutterfly) said...

stunning hun those papers are just soooo 'lush'

and my money for enders was on Roxy or Stacey but couldnt decide which..

I know Lacey turner (Stacey Slater) was ill this week and couldnt rehearse back end of week they would have had to rewrite the ending if she hadnt been well enough........ooh who would have dunnit then lol!!

have a fab rest of the snowy weekend

Emma xxx

Mandi said...

Your post uis all we need on a dreary sunday afternoon!

FAB crd as per too!

mandii xx

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Great card, love this fab image. Your posts do make me laugh. I'll have to give this challenge some serious thought. Marianne x

Linanna DESIGNS said...

I always enjoy my visits here Dawny, you always make me smile! am loving your fabulous card hunny what a great image! Enjoy the rest of the evening, hugs Linda x

Sue said...

pmsl Dawny
ya so funny, gorgeous card hun, great image, fabby colouring as always, luv the papers & layout, sue,x

Stacey said...

Perfect fella card and seeing as I completely adore all things Edward at the moment (recent Twilight convert!), I totally approve of the image! Fabulous El Dawny, I'm loving your little tash ;o)

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Dawny,i love your image and colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

mckinkle said...

Fab post! I love your new look! Just keep off the beans!!

Yep, its Pip Schofield from DOI that cool dude on your card and I reckon his suit will be that kinda shimmery one too dont you?!

Apparently Stacey had been suffering with a bad throat and kept loosing her voice so maybe thats why she wasnt on bbc3? Oh I cant believe that Bradleys gone, he was great. Tomorrow nights episodes explain the outcome of the murder hunt!

Fab cards Dawn as always!

Keryn x

PeggyLovesVintage said...

Love the dude card and I think you might be right on the Mexican rubbing off just a little too much! lol Thanks for making my rainy Sunday bright!

Kath Stewart said...

fabby bloke card and hey hey it does remind me of Phil....he is a bit of alright ain't he and maybe more my age group...and of course I notice Hayley....well maybe only briefly...Catch up with you soon...big hugs kath xxxx

Marion said...

Lovin your card. So suitable for 'blokes' Paper is delicious.
Marion

Anonymous said...

I love this card Dawny!! I think it's just fab, great papers for a masculine card :-) Congrats on the new camera purchase - since you make such lovely cards, it's worth making the most of them when you take pics! And I've seen how pretty they are in 'real life' as it were :-)