Saturday 27 February 2010

Awww, Cute As A Button :)

ed copy

This li’l fella has to be one of the sweetest ever I think, with his little baldie head and chubby cheeks – awww!!!.

And I’ve been dying to ink him up from the minute he arrived at chez piggy. He is of course one of the new Lily Of The Valley images which are just awesome. Check them all out here peeps if you haven't already seen them.

Anyhoos, sweet baby boy is so cute that I just had to use him for this week’s Cute Card Thursday challenge and this week they’ve gone all

Ribbon-tastic :)

Just up my street I thought lol!!!

Picture 002 copy So this is what I did.

I coloured sweet baby with my PMs – the newer muted colours are just perfect I think for these images. And of course you can get a fine selection of these bad boys from Tracy over at Dies To Die For.

And the gorgeous papers are all from the new Wild Rose Studio paper stacks. I used Candy Floss and Polka Dots and you can see them here.

button

The white organza ribbon and blue button were from my stash and I just tied a bit of twine through the button and gave it a bit of a curl .

Picture 005 copy1

A computer generated sentiment and some flat backed pearls finished it all off, and that was me done.

This is one of those cards that I really REALLY like cos it looks clean and fresh and ticks all the boxes for me. Now if you want to get your hands on a couple of these images, keep watching the pig sty peeps cos I have a feeling that there might be a bit more blog candy on the way………..

Have you seen my ugly mug in the new edition of Quick Cards Made Easy? Poor beggars if you have!!! I don’t have that many pics of me cos a) I’ve broken too many cameras and b) I cannot afford the litigation costs lol xxx That one in there does make me look like a bit of a simpleton (hold that thought perleeeeeeeeze!!). But it was the best of a bad job (yes, really). Shame isn't it!!).

It’s all about the world of blogging and I think it’s a great article and I hope that more people come and join us all in the land of Blog. I was so pleased to be asked to do it so huge thanks to the fab peeps at QCME and one other special girlie in partic who I won’t name but she knows who she is xxxx

And if you’ve read the article and have come for a little nosey and you’re reading this and wondering if you should take the plunge, then I would say GO for it because it’s a great way to share your work and there is so much inspiration to be found by visiting all the different blogs. Have a look round by clicking on the links or any of the names in our sidebars and you’ll see a wealth of styles out there.

And it really isn't that difficult to get your blog up and running. Believe me, if this dozy old thicko can do it, then so can anyone. It is a bit scary the first time you press the ‘publish’ button, but we've all had to do it and you’ll find that crafty blogger are just the best.

Well I’m off for a bit of a tidy up (my rock and roll lifestyle is something else at times!!). Kyla is going to a princess party (awww!!) and Richie Rich is working so I can get through it in no time which will then leave me more time for a bit more crafting later - it’s card club on Monday so I have the packs to prepare.

Have a fab day peeps and see ya tomorrow for another Anyone For Anya challenge. Hugs to all xxx

29 comments:

Jilli said...

awww this is just adorable! I love him! Gorgeous card, love the colour and your colouring is fab. Great sentiment too! Hugs Jillix

Sue said...

Love this image so cute.He looks just like my Grandson,all chubby cheeks and rearing to go.
Hugs Sue

Linanna DESIGNS said...

Good afternoon Dawny, as always your post brought a smile to my otherwise miserable face!! your posts are always full of fun and jovality (is that a word???!) Love this card what a great image and love the layout too. Will have to get a copy of that mag if only to see your photo!!! have a great weekend hunny big hugs Linda x

Sandi said...

what a stunning card and that image is oh so sweet. Love your colors and that ribbon is perfect. Sandi

Annie said...

ooo he is so cute! I have the little girl stamp, but now I want the little boy! your card is so pretty and thanks so much for joining us at CCT this week.
hugs, annie x

Unknown said...

aww dawn, he is adorable. I'm going over there now to pop him into my basket. TFS you gorgeous card
love emma xxx

Liz's creative corner said...

AHHH this is so cute, I just love the papers you use, always so crisp looking and full of vip,fantastic colouring, those colours are great, thanks for your lovely comments hugs Liz xx

cheryl said...

wow stunning card hun love the cute image stunning detail too hugs cheryl xxxxx

Margreet said...

such an adorable card......and that image is toooooo cute!!!!!
xxx Margreet

Tracy said...

I really love the image, and you've made him look so cute and adorable. He has to go on my list of stamps I must have.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Anne said...

Beautiful clean design. Love the papers - love everything! Hugs x

kelly ledder said...

this is so beautiful the image is adorable and the colours are fab xx

Diamond Doll said...

Awww i love this cutie image and what a gorgeous card you,ve made with it.
(hugs)
Trish (-:

Tindaloo said...

Super sweet image and card! :)

Pam said...

He's lovely Dawn, you've done a great job again

Pam x

Victoria said...

OMG, this image is just soooo cute Dawn! Love this card and the blue papers you've used! I love your CAS style!
Hugs, Vicky ~x~

Sam said...

hee hee - yes I saw you in my copy of Quick Cards Made Easy!! It's nice to read about people that I "know"!! ;-)

mckinkle said...

Such a stunning card Dawny. Fab image and as always your papers are lush!

Keryn x

ps, have you seen the eastenders web page, it shows all bar one of the alternate endings for Archie's murder! All filmed and sat there waiting for us to see!

Suzanne said...

What a giggle you are. Will go and get the mag tomorrow just to check out the pics, lol. Absolutely gorgeous card. Really clean and fresh look
Hugs
Suzanne x

Lucy said...

Love this card, it's sooo cute!!! The curled twine is sweet too. Lucy (Munyip Makes) x

Marion said...

This is such an adorable card. I just love that image. Great colouring and lovely layout.
Marion

Loz said...

He is gorgeous and your card is stunning! I love the layers and those papers are perfect! Perfect sentiment also!! Love it x

fairie said...

OMG, i want that stamp. He is so so cute.

Kristie W. said...

How adorable!!

Krafty Kows said...

Awww what a beautiful card and image. Sooooo cute. Jeanette

Marina said...

Wow Dawny!
How cute is that image!
Your colouration is fabulous and papers and sentiment are perfect for this image.
I love this adorable card.

Hugs,
Marina

debby4000 said...

Oh this is so adorable, wonderful cute card.
luv
Debby

Sharon Caudle said...

Oh Dawny, this is too cute for words! I love it! Of course I do, I love everything you do! A huge congrats to you my friend! You deserve every little bit of attention you get, plus about a thousand times more! Hope you're doing well, and so sorry I've been such a bad blogger!
big hugs!
Sharon

PepPop said...

Oh my goodness how cute is he. I've gone all gushy looking at him. What a sweet little guy! Jaqui x