Sunday 7 February 2010

Sugar & Spice :)



Happy Sunday peeps and I hope that everyone is well xxx

We have a yummy challenge over at Anyone For Anya today and it is

Good Enough To Eat

It's a colour combi challenge and the colours you can use should have a food theme (can't you tell I picked it lol xxx). So you could do things like lemon and lime, strawberries and cream, that sort of thing.

I've gone for sugar and spice but these colours also remind me of those choccies with gooey strawberry centres!!!

Now I've decided to use this card for the fab challenge over at Cute Card Thursday as well cos this week it's Spots & Dots :)


So here's me card :)
I used one of the new Miss Anya Love images - this is such a fab set - and I did me PM and shed load of Glamour Dust thing. You can get both these things from our Tracy over at Dies To Die For.

I must just tell you that Tracy has got some of the gorgeous new Pepper & Friends range in - OMG it is just fabulous. Nip over and check it out and you'll see what I mean.

And watch this space peeps cos I can feel a bit of candy of the blog type about to appear at chez Piggy



I have to say that I 'heart' this ribbon so much but I cannot remember where I got it from :(

It was just the job for this card I thought.



And we have a dodgy angle pic for you so you can hopefully see the dimension that is going on. You can also see the gorge papers which are both Pink Petticoat :)

And that's it for today me lovelies.

I have a fair old bit to do in the card department before Richard takes pity on me and (hopefully) takes me out for some grub. There's loads I want to share but I can't just yet, but I will say that one of the projects I am working on is for Dulcie at Wild Rose and I can tell you that she has new stuff coming out soon and it is awesome.

But before I go, I WILL share this with you.

I was talking to Liz at Pink Petticoat earlier in the week and I mentioned that I'd sent a card up to a magazine YEARS ago (yes it was literally years) and it's appeared in the readers wives bit.

Wanna see?



Isn't it weird looking at work you did years ago. I said to Liz that it felt a bit like looking at photographs of yourself taken in the 70s and 80s (sadly I was THERE)and wondering why you ever had your hair like that.

It isn't that I dont like the card cos the colour combi is one of me faves. But I hardly recognise it as my style now and it just seems strange. Not better or worse just different!!!

Talking of the 70s and 80s and the weird and wonderful get ups we wore (or was that just me!!) I looked out of my window this morning and saw a bloke walking up the lane into the village dressed in .... a grey t-shirt, black leggings, a bright green tutu and bright pink 3/4 socks.

Oooh errrr!!!!

Now call me old fashoned but it isn't something you see every day. Now he was either coming in from a very good night out and was still under the influence, or the lad wasn't 'well'. Cars were slowing down to take a look but he seemed oblivious. Part of me is worrying about him in case he really wasn't well but judging by the way he was walking - a bit like a dressage horse - I am guessing that he was probably still UTI!!!! He was definately colour blind, that's for sure!!!!!

And on that note, I am off to do a bit more cardage.
Have a great Sunday and don't forget Dancing On Ice is on later - bet Kath is wetting herself cos she has a bit of a thing for Daniel (who is verrry cute) and he has a really good chance this year with Hayley. I just hope Jason behaves himself cos he was not nice to Sharron Davies last week and his comments were a little on the inappropriate side I thought, tut tut.

See you soon and huggles to all xxxx

11 comments:

elibeegifts.co.uk said...

Stunning card.Love the colours and the ribbon is gorgeous.x

kelly ledder said...

Lovely card xx

MarkerGeek said...

Gorgeous card!

Dawn said...

Hiya Dawny!!
Ooh this is just gawjussss!!
Love the soft colours and that ribbon is indeed yummilicious!!
Boy you must be a busy bee with the cards, every time I pop by you are on another DT and so well deserved too 'cos you rock!

hugs

DAwn

Julie said...

lovely card Dawny, it is interesting looking back and seeing how your style has changed.

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Dawny.

Hugs Riet.x

Sharon Caudle said...

LOL! I love coming to read your posts. What a sight to see looking out your window! Poor fellow is probably not feeling very well today! LOL! LOVE your card!! Your coloring is always gorgeous! Can't wait to see the new stuff from Wild Rose! I'm sure it's amazing! And I couldn't help but giggle about your analogy for your work from a couple years ago. But it's so true! I kind of cringe when I look back at some of mine! A huge congrats on the publication, Dawny!! Big hugs and chat soon!

cheryl said...

wow stunning card love the soft colurs on this hugs cheryl xxx

Linanna DESIGNS said...

Another gorgeous card Dawny, loving the image and those colours youv'e used.

I loved the card you made several years ago, but i know exactly what you mean about your style changing, i barely recognize my work from when i first started with peel offs!!!! oh my i am not a lover of peels offs these dayx!

Have a great day hunny, hugs Linda

Deb said...

fabulous card Dawny, love that sweety Anya, many thanks for joining in the CCT challenge, hugs Debx

Anonymous said...

Hi Dawny, love the card and I agree that ribbon is fab! It's really interesting how your card style has changed so much! (it's much more definite now, and I think that's a good thing :-) Honestly, the first card I ever had published, I cringe to think of it now, it's so different (definitely worse, lol!) :-)