Tuesday 2 February 2010

There's A Bit Of A Slushfest .....

.... over at Papertake this week




Yes, we've gone all soppy cos Valentine's Day is on the way so our challenge this week is

LOVE ACTUALLY

We want to see hearts and love and soppy-ness on your card somewhere xxx

So I decided to do something a bit different (no, not get me pics looking half decent, although that would be quite good lol xxx).

No, I decided to break away from my usual 6x6 base card and do a side stepper card. They are very easy once you get your head round them BUT they aren't that easy to photograph (unless that's just me - and it probably is!!)



So this is the result. What do ya think?

Of course, some things never change and I got to work with the good old bad boys on this gorgeous image which I was sent yesterday in a fab parcel by someone who will remain nameless but she knows who she is, the little sweetie xxxx

There is a bit of Glamour Dust twinkling away there and the sentiment is one I did on the 'puter. And that pretty paper is one of my all time Pink Petticoat faves - Little Fleurs - and I will never get tired of using it.

Not ever, not never!!!

And it's back!!
Yes the doily punch has found its way back onto my craft table, so expect a bit of a glut for a card or three peeps lol xxx

Don't forget that you can bag yourself some Magnolias, MSB punches AND Pro Markers at the fab one stop shop that is Dies To Die For.




I've been at the flowers again.
I wanted to do something that looked a bit like a fascinator to (sort of) go with her hat. So there is a bit of tulle, some paper 'woses' again and a couple of punched hearts with wire in the middle so that they're bendy.

And that is me card peeps.
I really enjoyed making this little sausage so I might just have to have a fiddle and do some more. I'm off now to get some work done so that I can see the old desk again. Have a wonderful day and I'll see ya very soon, if not sooner :)

Biggest hugs lovely peeps xxx

13 comments:

Linanna DESIGNS said...

Wow Dawny another totally stunning card, loving that style of card and just a gorgeous tilda image. Those papers are just fabulous too! i love pink petticoat downloads! have a great day hugs Linda x

terriavidreader (IN-USA) said...

Beautiful!

Sandi said...

this is striking, the colors, love the stripes, the hearts and perfect image. Sandi

Maria Therese said...

Sweet card!!

Marina said...

Stunning card Dawny!
I love that style and papers and image are just gorgeous.
(I have the same problems to photograph these cards ;o)).

Have a nice evening,

hugs,
Marina

Liza said...

A great card Dawny and I love the design.

Liza x

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Dawny,i love your image and papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

Mandi said...

FABULOUS!

mandi xx

Lorraine A said...

gorgeous card Dawny :-) I love this stair card ,,, beautiful :-)

Luv
Lols x x x

cheryl said...

wow this is totally stunning love it so love your papers,and detial brilliant love cheryl xxx

Lora said...

This is fab Dawny! It's nice to have a change from the usual square cards and you have done a great job with this one.
I have problems with taking pics too and believe me you wouldn't say your pics were bad if you seen mine lol.
Hugs Lora xx

Pretty-In-Ink said...

sooooo pretty! The fascinator effect is gorgeous!

Crafteezee said...

I love your card and the colours are fab. Hugs Tracy x