Thursday 4 February 2010

Basket Case!!!!!!!



Yep, that's me, I cannot deny it lol

And talking of baskets, we have our special monthly challenge over at Just Magnolia today and it is a cracker peeps!!

Our challenge is to create something fab to put some Easter candy in.
I can tell you that the girls have egg-celled themselves this week and the baskets that they've made are just beautiful.

OK, that's the last egg reference - sorry, but you know I cannot help meself at times :)

Miss Tilda here was coloured with the usual PMs and Glamour Dust combi and you can of course get your PMs and Magnolias from the sweetness that is Tracy at Dies To Die For.


And this is what I did.
I followed the most awesome tutorial by our featured stamper, Lena Katrine. She does the most wonderful work - you MUST go and have a nosey. And once you've made one of these, you'll want to do more.

But you don't have to follow the tutorial to join in with the challenge, so if you have a fave basket or container you like making/altering, then you are fine to use that. There is something verrry nice up for grabs as well, thanks to the wonderful Heidi at Simon Says Stamp :)



This is the side view.

You can see my good old MSBP has been put to work again (I told you I would lol!!!) and I even distressed the edges. Not like me I know but I really enjoyed doing it.

OK bit of a top tip for you peeps, and you may know this already cos I am always the last to catch on :(

You know those little foam stamps you get free in the mags sometimes (usually at Crimbo) or in the bargain baskets in the shops? Well the flat underneath side of them makes a brilliant tool to distress with. You just dab the back of the stamp in your ink pad, remove most of it on a scrap bit of paper and away you go.

Marvellous!!!



I used a bit of tulle and some flowers and ribbon to tart up the tag and handle...


.....and the gorgeous ivory flower was part of a nice parcel of blooms sent to me by my pal Bev (thanks chickalicious xxxx)

I am turning into a proper Magnolia girl with me distressing and flowers, dontcha think lol!!!

As usual as it's Friday, I am on a flyer cos I am trying to get sorted / straight / organised for the weekend. But I must share this before I offski!!

Kyla came into our bedroom after Richard had left very early for work and she got in with me on his side. She is a terrible 'rooter' and of course she was pickign up all the stuff on his bedside cabinet and having a nosey. She picks up his aftershave and asks me to spray some on her hand, which I did. She had a good sniff and then said 'ooooh, it smells of man'!!!! Bless, I nearly cried laughing.

Have a fab Friday peeps and see you very soon.
Hugs to all xxxxx

12 comments:

Loopylou. said...

beautiful dawny, just beautiful xxx

Mel said...

Lovely Dawn and ty for the tip:)
Mel x

Linanna DESIGNS said...

Good morning Dawny another totally stunning basket hunny! these are looking good, and even better filled with chocolates! hope your well hunny have a lovely afternoon hugs Linda x

Marina said...

Your basket is gorgeous!
Love the colours you've used and all details, they're beautiful.

Hugs,
Marina

Jane said...

I love the colours on your basket Dawny, absolutely gorgeous!!! beautiful details! LOL at your daughter, I love the things children come out with! hugs, Jane xx

hello gorgeous said...

lush creation! can just picture receiving one of these filled with mini-egges! ;o)

Hope all is good with you? Blog candy on my blog!

hugs

hello gorgeous xxx

Sandi said...

awwww, what a sweet treasure. Sandi

Lora said...

This is beautiful Dawny! Will those eggs last till Easter though?? lol
Thanks for the tip using the foam stamps. My kids have loads of them and I never thought of using them (see I am the one who is usually last to catch on!! lol. I don't have one of those little distressing tool thingies so I will defo try the foam stamps.
Hugs Lora xx

cheryl said...

wow this is awesome love it gosh the detail is amazing hugs cheryl xxx

Net said...

Oh that would make an egg-stra special Easter present...

Its beaut Dawn.

Lena Katrine said...

I looove your basket! It's simply georgeous in every way - the colours, the papers and the beautiful details!
It's so much fun to see all the baskets made, by following my tutorial - thank you for finding it inspiring :)

Hugs, Lena

Yvonne said...

Dawn this is so pretty, your colouring is jsut amazing hun. Such a little treasure you have made x