Thursday 18 February 2010

Oh My Life!!!!!

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

It’s true – I am officially one of Lili’s Fairies.

Now hold that thought cos I know I am more like a fairy heffa umpa lumpa (or however the heck you spell it!!). But I have been doing the happy dance ever since I was asked – you probably felt the ground shaking - and with images like these, how could you say no!!!

I mean, have you seen them – pure gorge!!!!

So this is my first outing as a fully fledged DT member and over at the Lili Of The Valley challenge, this week we have had a sketch to follow created by the fair hands of the sweetness that is Jacqui - and a fab one it is as well.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

And this is what I did with it.

The image is called Rosie Posie and she is just the sweetest. I coloured her of course with my PMs and there is a weeny bit of Glamour Dust in there. You can get hold of your very own bad boys from Tracy over at Dies To Die For and the new colours are fab. I also thought I’d add a bit of Martha on there (not like me I know lol!!!) You can also get these from Tracy as well as heaps of other wonderful stuff :)

And the papers are all from Dulcie’s new Wild Rose Studio paper stacks. I used the Polka Dots pack which you can see here

The gorgeous flowers (mmm, there is a trend emerging here) are from the very wonderful Wild Orchid Crafts and I added a little tulle bow (another trend which appears to be emerging).

I am such a creature of habit, I know.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

And there you go.

Do nip over and have a mooch at what the rest of Lili’s fab fairies have done – I’ve seen and they are beautisimus!!! And you don't even need to have a LOTV stamp to join in with the challenge either :)xxx

Now I just HAVE to share this with you peeps.

I finished my card at stupid o'clock last night when there was zilcho in the way of light. Now you know how awesome I am at the photography thing (not!!). But the pics haven’t come out that bad (for me) considering it was 9.30pm and I’ll share my little secret with you ………….

a03blI got me one of these babies.

Its a portable light box thing or portable soft lighting studio to give it’s full title (bit pretentious me thinks!!). It cost a whopping £9.99 from Maplins (all together now, ‘hi de hi campers’ ) and you can see them here – and I am really impressed.

Now I won’t lie – it took Emma and I about 10 minutes to fathom out which bit went where because basically we are a pair of dimwits (oooh I hope she doesn’t read this), and for us it was a bit like a cross between the Krypton Factor and putting up a deck chair. But once we (she) sussed it it was fine :)

You are probably all yawing away now cos you’ve seen them and you probably all have one but I am always the last to catch on so just humour me a bit!!!!

And on that note, I’ll say tarra cos I have a shed load of stuff to do today so I better get a shift on. Have the fabbiest of days peeps and see you tomorrow cos it’s Friday and that means that it’s Tilda time.

Huggiest of hugs xxxx

27 comments:

Mummylade said...

Well deserved hun. And this card is stunning!

Stacey said...

WOW! I so need one of these light boxes! Do you need lights and stuff as well? Or just this nifty little box?

Gorgeous card by the way Mrs, loving the soft colours and your blooms look fab. Congrats on becoming a fully fledged fairy! ~♥~

Victoria said...

This is adorable Dawny! I love these new LOTV images, they are really pretty. A huge congrats on your new DT position, you lucky thing!
Hugs, Vicky ~x~

Suzanne said...

This is gorgeous - the card not the light box thingy, lol. Congrats on your new dt position. Looking forward to seeing all these new cards. As for the box, I am off to buy one now because on this occasion, you're not last to catch on hunni - thanx for the link.
Hugs
Suzanne x

Pop's Cards said...

This is gorgeous hun i love the papers that you have used, the colour on your image is fab too, hugs Pops x

sharon said...

hiya hunny bunch, sorry not been to see you for a bit...ahhh lots of sadness here over the past few weeks.
Just though I would drop by and say hi and..wow..you know I never tire of your fab cards...mmmhh, may have to grab myself a "lighting studio" for a TENNER!!!...hope your ok..loves ya.xxxxx

pickle said...

congrats!! adorable card xx

PepPop said...

Lovely Card and Congratulations. Jaqui x

Cindy Haffner said...

Your card is so SOFT and SWEET!!

Chrissie said...

Love, love, love your card Dawny and huge congratulations on your new role (very well deserved too!)
I love these sweet images and you've certainly done this gorgeous sketch justice.
OH has one of these light boxes and they are fabby, only problem is I can't work the camera (!!!) so unless he offers to take my piccies, I still have to rely on me old scanner!

Anne said...

What a beauty! Love your card it's so soft and huggable. Big congrats on being a DT on LOTV. Hugs xx

Tracy said...

I haven't got one of those light box thingies, never even looked cos I thought it would cost a bomb so thanks for the info. Congratulations Dawny on your new DT post, and a fabulous card.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Debs said...

first of all congrats..i'm newly converted to LOTV..all the stamps are just to die for!!....and as for the light box,,thanks for the tip..ive never seen them before...oh and BTW..your card is just gorgeous :-)....Debs x

craftymum said...

Congrats on your news. A beautiful card and thanks for the tip about the light studio. I have just ordered one. They should be giving you commission
love Sarah XXX

Marina said...

Gorgeous card!
I love your choice of colours and all details and this image is so cute.

Hugs,
Marina

Jacee said...

Fan dabby dozy card Dawny, love it, but then I love all your cards so nothing new there then! as for the box, well I must investigate, I always seem to have a problem with light when taking my pics, I'm no David Bailey thats for sure!! thanks for showing it to us.

Loopylou. said...

oh congratulations on your DT position dawny andwhat a gorgeous card to start with hun, beautiful colours and i love yournew lighty boxey thingy, just fab, need me one of those!!!!! xxxxx

Julie said...

Fabulous card - no wonder they wanted you for the DT! I love the colours and the fresh pastel colours of the papers! Off to take a peek at these!! Juliex

Arianne said...

Amazing card!
Congrats on joining the DT!

Annie said...

congratulations! I do love these LOTV stamps and your card is so pretty.
hugs, annie x

Sharon said...

Love your cards Dawny! Stunning!

Tracey said...

Congratulations on the DT Dawny! Those fairy images are beautiful aren't they & love this card you've made. I think I'm gonna invest in one of those portable soft lighting thingys cos I struggle to take decent photos indoors & especially at night (which is when I always seem to need to take a photo, usually some project finished last minute lol).

Have a fab weekend.

Hugs
Tracey
xx

Dulcie said...

Wow, congrats on yet another DT place!! Your cards are so nice, I'm not surprised :-) I do love their stamps as well. And your card here is fab too, loving your work with the papers :-) Dulcie xx

Dulcie said...

Ooh, forgot to say - I have one of those light box thingies and it is really useful! Mine came with some lights too but they tended to get very hot and stop working a lot :-/ I still find my pics come out best in the daylight though.. Dulcie xx

Anonymous said...

Super cute card! I love the idea of the light box too, I'd never heard of them!!
Also, thanks for all the lovely blog comments =D

Spyder said...

Love your light box, I'm using a light coloured pillow case at the moment! Lovely card, fabulous image and this lovely card would also fit in with the new challenge blog
here, to use 'Stitches'

((Lyn))

Digi Stamp Boutique said...

Congrats Dawny - this is so, so beautiful as always...

Just ordered meself some of those dotty papers...and I have one of those light things but am so lazy...will try and use it now.

xx