Sunday 2 November 2008

Sharing Sunday (plus Thanks) xxxx

Heeeyyy lovely Peeps xxx

Hope everyone is having a fabulous weekend and that it isn't too cold where you are (unlike here which is freeeeezing!!)

It was our monthly workshop yesterday which was full of festive fabulousness and we had a great time up to our eyes in glitter, glue and etc, plus one or two laughs along the way!!

So in the absence of any challenge cards, I thought I'd share one of the samples with you which I did and which isn't my usual style but I kind of liked how it turned out.
This is a card on a card lol xx.

I made a small card with the nesties and then layered it with one of the new and fabulous PP images from Tis The Season (coloured with PMs) plus some Nitwits paper and then attached it to a larger card. The ribbon was from a wholesale warehouse near here.
There is a message inside the small card, also from Tis The Season
.................................
And here are a couple of cards I did with the new Raspberry Ribbons Wintery White kit which is out now and is just gorgeous.
I found this apricot cardstock (which is pearly) whilst having a root at The Paper Mill Shop and I thought it went quite well with the creams and whites. The little white 'fluffy balls on a string' ribbon is included in the kit and I sort of nicked the idea of wrapping it around a die cut Christmas tree (Cricut, Christmas Cheer) from one of Liz's cards over at PP. The sentiment is Elzybells. The MSBP was kept busy yet again, poor thing.
Will I never tire of this punch??? It doesn't look like it lol xxx
This is another Elybells image coloured with PMs. I made the frame using the nesties and ran it through the Cuttlebug Swiss Dots folder. I was sad enough to yet again go over the dots with my PMs. The gorge and ever so scrumy DP is PP (Tis The Season) and that beautiful fabric snowflake is from the new Raspberry Ribbons kit. The little gem (diamond, not lettuce lol xx) is one
I found somewhere in the tip that is my card room - God only knows from whence it came!!!!

Talking of craft rooms, did you all see my fab blog bud Dawns blog candy last week where she asked you to post a pic of your craft room? Well I thought it was a fab idea and I did see the pics and ooohh there are some craft rooms to die for, mentioning no Rach's and Bevs lol xxx but I have to say that I was far too ashamed to post a pic of mine as none of you would ever speak to me again lol xxx It has shamed me into making a start on re-organising the whole sorry heap.

Who knows what I might find in there once I start!!!

I have to say a huge thanks to the lovely Pauline for giving me this award as well. She gave it to me a while ago now so apologies to her for being a slow coach and not getting it on here quicker. Sorry chicken - I am a bad bloger at the mo :(((( xxxx


And finally .....

I just wanted to say MAHOOSIVE THANK YOUs

to everyone who took part in this week's PTW challenge with my sketch. I have to say that I was ever so nervous about putting it on, but you have been very kind to me and have done some awesome work with it. I am truly gobsmacked with the response and lovely comments xxxxx

Well this post has gone on a bit - it was October when I started it lol xx

Have a great Sunday and I'll be back manana with my card for the new PTW challenge which is a cracker (no, that isnt a hint!!!). I'm off for a quick blog hop and then to get my stuff organised for tomorrow night's card club. This will be the second one and I have to say I am a bit sort of worried that no one will come back!!!!

oooo errrrr!!!

The huggiest of hugs xxxx

















28 comments:

de said...

Love, love these cards! If I had to pick my favorite, it would be the Christmas tree with Raspberry Ribbons! Beautiful!

Diane.W. said...

Fabulous cards Dawny,hope you are ok :o)x

Enfys said...

Ooh, lots of loveliness to catch up with here, gorgeous cards as usual. You will be sorry (not) to hear that we had a cold spell here in Florida last week, it was cold enough to wear a sweater. I know, I can be cruel. En xx

CraftyC said...

Great selection of cards Dawny, nice to try something new! Have a great sunday and good luck for tomorrow.
Clairex

Tiets said...

wowwww I love these cards...they are so great!!!
Hugs Tiets xxx

Nikki Fairbairn said...

Gorgeous cards Dawny, I love the style of the first and the 3rd is just so cute. Love the popped up frame, Hugs, Nikki x

Cindy Haffner said...

Love all your cards, glad to see you back, Happy Sunday~

Bianca Kalksma said...

Oh great great great great!!!! I really love these cards!!!!!!

Penny said...

I just love your penguin card and the tweet one is such a great idea too! Lovely!

Cheryl said...

Some beautiful cards there Dawny.....it is good to see you back again producing your lovely displays.....for me it is lovely to come and see a craft blog, it makes a wonderful refreshing change from other blogs.......

Linanna DESIGNS said...

You have been busy Dawn and all these cards are absolutely stunning hun. How do you doit?! hugs Linda x

Pauline C said...

Hi Dawny .... lurve the new cards - they are really funky. Glad you had a great workshop ... sounds like you've been bizzy wizzy. Did I hear you say wholesale ribbon place?? nearby?? Is it near lIverpool???? (be still my beating heart, LOL!!)
Hugs
Pauline x

Kath Stewart said...

Wow great cards as always - love the little tweetie robin one...so sweet and that bobbly tree is gorgeous and scrummy and no I can see you ain't never ever gonna stop using that punch.
You are one mad woman...of course they will be back to your card class for more of your delicious inspiration....
Hugs
kath
xxxxx

Jill said...

wow Dawny, you've been busy they are all absolutely gorgeous and congratulations on your award you so deserve it we all love you fabby blog hugs Jill x

Maria Matter said...

Dawny your cards are beautiful!
The first one, with the small card on the larger. Is the larger one actually a card that opens or just a panel?
You have a lovely blog!!!
Blessings, Maria

Digi Stamp Boutique said...

Wow Dawny - these are all fabbytastic...all so different, but all so stunning....I do love that PP set and am nearly giving in!

You should have faith in your superbly gifted talents....looking forward to PTW tomorrow....xx

Dawn said...

Dawny your cards are brilliant - those are lucky ladies getting to craft alongside you - they must learn loads..
Love the lilac card with the frame.
Now missus! You should have posted up your pic of your craft room - messy or not!!! It's only us looking anyway!! LOL
Yes I was disappearing under the green eyed haze drooling over some of those rooms - Aaah I can only dream!!
Enjoy your card club tomorrow!

Nightie Night!!!
Dawn
x

Murielle said...

This is absolutely gorgeous!
I love your compositions.
Fantastic colours and details.
Marvellous creations
Hugs Mumur

Kim Dellow said...

Wonderful cards, I love all of them. Kim

Sara said...

More lovely, lovely cards from you. I may just have to borrow the double-card idea...

Beth said...

Your posts make me laugh! But your cards are stunning as usual! I love the the penguin one! xx

Tiff said...

Your cards are all so FABU!!!! But, I think I like the Christmas tree one with the garland the MOST!

cats whiskers said...

Love every one of them, but my favourite is the little mauve card, it is gorgeous. Cannot wait for my Raspberry Ribbons kit now. Nice to have you back on line hun
Hugs jacqui x

Jo said...

Fabulous cards Dawny...especially love the lilac penguin one!!

Kathryn said...

What WONDERFUL cards -- so pretty and festive!
Love them all!! :)

simplyfairies said...

more gorgheous card, I lurves the lilac one!!

LOUISE said...

Stunning cards Dawny, love them all, cannot pick a favourite! Louise x

Anonymous said...

Love these cards! I just have to look at them next time I'll be making cards. They are som inspirational (if that's a word...)!