Monday 10 November 2008

A Challenge or 2 xx

Well that's another weekend gone!!!! Why do they go so quickly??

I managed to get a couple of challenge cards done yesterday, both using sketches (aren't they a life saver sometimes!!)

This one is my card for Sketch Saturday. It is my great nephew Haydn's first Christmas so I thought this would be nice for him. I used the new PP download, Sweet Cheeks, which I really love, and the papers are both PP. The ribbon is Poppicrafts and I coloured it with PMs and highlighted it with Glamour Dust ( you know, the usual lol xxxx). This pic doesn't really do justice to the gorgeous green washed paper which is from One in A Melon. I love it xxNow I have to say that I am not 100% with this card. It's my first WOJ challenge card based on a gorgeous sketch but I faffed about with it too much and ended up not sure about it. Anyway, the image is a RAK (thanks Jill xxx) coloured with PMs, the papers are all PP (Tis The Season), beautiful blooms are Poppicrafts and the little bells I got last year from Creative Pastimes (hi girls xxx).

And not a MSBP in sight!!!!
I'm giving it a few days off for good behaviour lol xxx

I am hoping that the mojo is starting to return cos it has been soooo hard in recent weeks. But I suppose it can't be turned on and off like a tap. When you get into that sort of creative zone thing, you just have to go with it. But I think it's also good to give it a bit of a rest occasionally.

Oh btw, has anyone received their Christmas Magnolias yet? This is the first time I pre-ordered and having read some worrying things on other people's blogs re them not turning up and then they won't reply to your e-mails etc, I am a little bit concerned. Call me Paranoid Pam, but I just thought I would check.

Have a great week xxxx

25 comments:

Rach said...

love the cards Dawny, gorgeous as always. hugs RAchxx

debby4000 said...

Lovely cards, do love the colours of the first one. I've received 3 stamp clubs from Magnolia and fingers crossed they appear about a week after showing up on credit card.

scotspanda said...

both your cards are gorgeous Dawny, the baby one is soooo cute, perfect for a little one. Your WOJ card is lovely, doesn't look like too much faffing to me :)

lotsalove

Amanda xx

Nikki Fairbairn said...

Gorgeous cards Dawny, such cute images and wonderful papers. Hugs Nikki x

Digi Stamp Boutique said...

Oh Dawny - these are so fabulous!!

The baby card is stunningly cute - I ADORE those images and the colours you've chosen are fabulous.

The second card is lovely too - fab colours and papers and I love all the different elements...super-fantabby-tastic!! xx

Linanna DESIGNS said...

Wow Dawny both these cards are stunning hun. I love the first image especially not seen it before.Hugs Linda x

CraftyC said...

Gorgeous cards Dawny, the WOJ stamps are just stunning
Clairex

simplyfairies said...

These two are ultra stunning, Dawny superb!!!

Cindy Haffner said...

Oh these are so darn sweet, love them.

Sharon Caudle said...

Both fab cards Dawny!! I really love the baby one, the colors are gorgeous and that image is WAY too cute!! They're BOTH wonderful!!! Hugs!

Ann said...

Gorgeous cards Dawny as ever xx
By the way I rang Magnolia on Friday because you are right, they never reply to e-mails. They are in the process of sending out the Stamp Club stamps this week, and hope to have them all out by the end of the week, but maybe a little longer!!!!!!!! You will know when they have sent them out to you as your card will get debited at the time - hope this helps xxxx

Sue said...

2 fabulous cards Dawny, got to say WOJ card is my fave...brillaint:)

sue
xx

MichelleO said...

Wonderful cards! the first has such pretty colors, and the second I think is great!
HUGS
MichelleO

Pauline C said...

Fab cards as always Dawn - love your colouring
Pauline x

Joey said...

Hi Dawny, two beautiful cards, I love the green and blue, I saw these images on pp they are so cute!. xxx

Cheryl said...

Love your cards Dawny always do.....the first card is gorgeous, perfect for a dinky.....
Anything to do with art comes and goes, don't you think......
I used to do calligraphy, and I could never just pick up a pen and write.......

Anonymous said...

Well Dawny!!!! both your cards are so `beautifully` made ...love the new Downloads they are so adorable ...and those stamps are sweet....I think they are both just perfectly done with such lovely colours :)
Have a lovely Evening:)~X~

Dawn Wheeler said...

Wow Babes these are stunning ,love them ,Dawnxx

Jill said...

gorgeous cards Dawn I love both of them wow you've been busy so glad you mojo is back I love looking at your gorgeous cards hugs Jill xx

Donalda said...

Oh youru cards are just gorgeous dear. Such beautiful colored. Thanks for joining us for the WOJ challenge dear

Heather Huggins said...

Stunning!! Hope you'll join us again!! Thanks for tring my sketch this week...

Andrea, said...

2 fab cards, I love the papers you have used on the 2nd one

cats whiskers said...

cannot believe I missed so many lovely cards b****y internet, these two are another coule of stars I love the colours on the WOJ one
Hugs jacqui x

Michele Roos said...

Gorgeous cards. Love the images and the colouring is fantastic. Michele x

Liz Armstrong said...

Oh Dawny these are fabulous! LOVE that Sweet Cheeks card : )
Liz
xx