Sunday 16 November 2008

Red & Green On These Cards Is Seen lol xxxx

I didn't plan it to be such a colour co-ordinated post...

But as it happens, these sort of match!!!!

Not only because they are the same colours, but also cos they match in the -truly awful photograph stakes :(

Ohh the light has been dreadful tonight and as it happens, the old camera doesn't much care for red and green at the best of times, so these are not so much Norman Parkinson, but more Norman Wisdom lol xxx.

This one is for Cute Card Thursday which is Red & Green.
I got this Sugar Nellies image last week and I just loves it - soooo sweet :) I used my new nesties labels set which I got from the NEC and also the sentiment which was from Butterfly Kisses.

The papers are PP's Really Big Dots and it was coloured with my dynamic duo of PMs and Glamour Dust highlights. Creature of habit that I clearly am lolxxx Ribbon is Poppicrafts

'Scuse the skew-wifty-ness of the ribbon btw - I should have straightened it before taking the pic (doh!!)This one is my first card for my awesomely talented and very lovely DT bud Kim's sketch challenge. This is #2 - a fantabulous little number - pop over and check it out here. Love this sketch Kim - thank you chicken xxxx

Dontcha just love the expression on the pengies face!! A bit like mine when I realised the ribbon on the other card wasn't straight lol xxx

Both image and sentiment are Butterfly Kisses, the papers are PP (I am so loving those washed solids at the mo), the holly is Making Hand Made Cards and the ribbon set at an ever so jaunty angle is Poppicrafts :))

We (my eldest Nikkie and I) had a great day on Friday at the NEC. I was ever so good and did not bankrupt us. In fact, I was well under budget!!! Tis indeed a first. High spot was meeting up with Marlene (she is fab!!) and low spot was getting stuck in a horrible traffic jam and not getting home until well past 8pm.

Had a very weird thing happen this afternoon. My niece came round to see us and as she was leaving, I walked to her car with her and waited as she was strapping her little boy into his car seat. I felt something nudging my foot (I had no shoes on, just my thick fleecy sex kitten socks) and thinking it was our cat, carried on gabbing to my niece and not taking too much notice. The nudging got more persistant so I looked down and I could not believe my eyes. It was a ruddy ferret!!! From whence it came I do not know, and if the stories of stuffing them down yer trewsers are true then I really don't want to know either (what an unsavoury pastime lol xxx) but I tell you, I have never run so fast into the house.

Cheeky little beggar!!!!

And finally ....

Arthur is back.

Woohoo, Mrs Wonka's errant boy has returned, thin, thirsty and hungry but in one piece. I do so love a happy ending lol xxx

See ya tomorrow for another fabulous Papertake Weekly xxxxx

30 comments:

Marlou McAlees said...

oh wow!!! these are absolutely gorgeous Dawny!!!! :) xx

Rach said...

two fabby cards sweetie, how posh are you having them co-ordinate with each other...love the images that you have used, and love your new nesties that you bought on your trip to the nec...(lucky thing!)
Thanks for sharing. Hugs rachxx

Ann said...

Absolutely beautiful Dawny, I just love everything about both of your cards, so pretty. Those Nestabilities are very moresome also, I think I might need to invest. xxx

Sharon Caudle said...

Oh they're both ADORABLE Dawny!! And yes I do love the look on that penguins face!! So glad you're back and even within budget!!! I MUST take some lessons from you!!! The story about the ferret is too funny! I can just see the look on your face when you finally looked down! Hugs to you for the happy ending to your story!

Andrea, said...

Oh these are great Dawny, I love the cute images. have a good day and thanks for joining in the CCT challenge

Penny said...

Oh these are so pretty, I love the glittery highlights too! Would you mind very much just dropping me a quick email and let me know who you bought your new Nesties from please? I am after a different shape but haven't seen them in stock yet.

Diane.W. said...

Gorgeous cards & glad you enjoyed the NEC.
I would have ended up adopting the ferret!!! :o)x

Mrs Wonka said...

Supertrooper cards Dawny and thanks for mentioning the return of my little hero......maybe he had run away with the ferret!

Mrs W xxx

Eileen said...

Hi Dawny,
We must both have the same taste because I bought the same nestabilities at the NEC and I also have the penguin stamp and the "I love Christmas" from Butterfly Kisses at Harrogate in September.
Love the cards
luv
eileen

cats whiskers said...

Glad your home safe and sound and still with some money honey, I love both of these little beauties, do like red and green together and that penguin looks like me most days. I have been trying to get those neties but they were even sold out in US when I tried to order them. Have you thought could have been the smell of cheese that attracted the ferret.
Hugs Jacqui x

debby4000 said...

Fabulous cards, love the new nesties, they look fab. Glad you had great time at the NEC I'm so not jealous (who am I kidding)

scotspanda said...

2 gorgeous cards Dawny, love them both, even the skew wiff ribbon lol

lotsalove

Amanda xx

simplyfairies said...

wow i missed the NEC was teaching at craftsulove, sooo wanted to go but heard the crowds were manic!!! well at least ya enjoyed yaself girlie... you are sooo funny you make me goggle first thing in the morn... so glad you did have ferret in trousers dread to think dread to think what colour ya sex kitten socks would have turned out... lol

well my frined both cards are uber cute and gorgeous, can't see no funny ribbon though i do lurves pengies face...lol and my sketch you have done it fabulous justice thanks sooooooo much for your kind words too... and for joining in... I can see I must make these sketches more challenging me thinks, mmm how more wicked can I get, let me think about that one!! lol

Sparkle and Flourish said...

Geeat cards..loving the green and red thing that is going on! Adore the big ribbon on card no.2! A ferret..how bizarre??

HJudy x

Joey said...

Hi Dawny, these are both gorgeous cards such clean lines, the images are just sooo cute.x

Michele Roos said...

Two gorgeous cards. Love the images and the colouring is fab. Love the papers you used. Michele x

Nikki Fairbairn said...

Two fabbie cards Dawny.. love the red and green, the first stamp is so sweet and love all the sparkle and the penguin is just the cutest too, Hugs, Nikki x

Zimtschnecke said...

Oh wow, such 2 beautiful and cute cards! ;-)

I love the images and the papers you have used! Great work!

Hugs Zimtschnecke

Digi Stamp Boutique said...

Tee hee....I needed a chuckle and you came up trumps! Sorry to snigger at your 'experiences'...but that ferret story did make me laugh....of all the things... He must have been after your socks !!

I looove your red and green cards....the colours look fab from here and that polka dot PP paper is a lovely tone and makes them really funky......splendid creations....

Shame I didn't go to the NEC - maybe next year!! Hope you had fun.

xx

Linanna DESIGNS said...

This is such a gorgeous card Dawny loving those new Nesties and the image is so cute! Hugs Linda x

Dawn said...

Beautiful cards Dawny!!
Lovin' Pingu and his expression - mmm a bit strained shall we say!!! LOL
.... and The Ferret how funny is that - I wonder where it came from... probably somebody's pet!

Hugs
Dawn

Beth said...

Ooh, more scrummy cards! I love the spotty-ness! xx

Anonymous said...

Oh My These are `gorgeous` Dawny..Glad you enjoyed your weekend..Have a great Evening:)~X~

Cheryl said...

Hi Dawny......I love, really love the first card........it reminds me of cards that were around when I was a child....very nostalgic......

Love the ferret story, so funny.....wish I had been there........perhaps it liked you sex kitten socks!!!!!!

Macpurp said...

these are fab cards!
I love the wee penguin so much will need to go see if I can find him!

hugs
much love xxx

Donalda said...

These are just gorgeous dear. So glad you had a great time except for the part of getting home. We never have anything like that near where I live. POUTING LOL

Kath Stewart said...

I think your pics are fab...can't see anything amiss with them...and you do make me laugh with your ferret story.....I bet it was the socks that did it for him....love the new nesties from the NEC...what else did you buy
Hugs
kath
xxxxx

LOUISE said...

Great cards Dawny. Glad you had a good time at the NEC. Hope you enjoy making lots of cards with all your goodies. Louise x

Sue said...

gorgeous cards as always Dawny, and such fabby choice of colours:)

sue
xx

Jill said...

aww Dawny they are gorgeous I love the red and green and your amazing colouring hugs Jill x