Tuesday 11 November 2008

I'm Dreamin Of A .....

Red and green Christmas...

Well it isn't strictly the way Bing told it, but never mind!!

This is some of the stuff I did for my first 'sesh' for Mich over at Poppicrafts. I have to say I had a fabulous time putting it all together.

So before you look, think of log fires, mulled wine, mince pies, mulled wine, sleigh bells, snow and mulled wine. Are you getting the picture?

Nooo, not the 'does the P in Dawny P stand for plonkie?' picture (it does btw lol xx).

I was thinking more along the lines of a traditional sort of Christmas.
And these are what I did. .... Cuttle bug folder, highlighted with Glamour Dust with a ribbon bow thing - sorry I cannot for the life of me remember what the heck those things are called!!
A 'nestie' card with Nitwits Homespun paper, Cricut holly leaves and a fabulous Poppicrafts big and gorgeous fabric brad and ribbon. Sentiment is Woodware. Very quick and easy to make this one!!!
A bit of detail for ya xxxx

Another quick and easy 'nestie' card with some funky-tastic PP Tis The Season paper, and a Poppicrafts Poinsettia complete with big diamond brad.

A bit more detail for ya xxx

And if you think those fab blooms are just for your cards, then check this out.
This is a plain pine garland which I got from our local garden centre, unadorned and looking quite frankly a tad on the drab and dreary side. But a few poinsettias and a bit of Glamour Dust later et voila...

Now how much do they charge you ( nay, rip you off) for one of these??? I tell you it cost next to nowt to make and they are really easy peasy

And even more detail xx

Are you feeling festive now????

I bet you are all thinking 'my God, what has happened to her photograhs? They are much better than usual?' Well you are right, they are, cos I didn't take these lol xxx

No, I have to give credit where credit is due.

So eager was I to get them posted back to Mich, that I forgot to take the pics!!! So she very kindly let me lift them from the Poppicrafts website. Thanks Mich - I so appreciate your generosity xxxx
.
I'll be back tomorrow with another smattering of cardage, this time more non-traditional.
BFN xxxx


23 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well !!!I tell ya what Dawny these are all so very `beautifully` fantasticlly...fantastic...you certainly created `beautiful` cards and well your wreath is so `gorg` since I dont drink no alcho I`m craving a good strong cuppa coffe now!!!!hmmmm just so I can digest all that beauty with ease!!!lol....
Have a lovely rest of your Evening:)~X~

Macpurp said...

I love reading your posts!
they are so funny!

beautiful cards darl !

very very nice xx

Michelle said...

...and they are so beautiful. I wish people could see them in the flesh, the photos do not do them justice. This will make you laugh - I held your cards up for Poppi to see "look at these pretty Christmas cards" I said. "we have lots of glitter at Christmas? me excited now" she said. (1 pot of glitter for her this christmas then,lol)I dont know. I wouldve thought by the age of 3 she couldve at least appreciated all the hard work. Her fave is the pink one btw. (no surprise there then) Thank you so much for your hard work - they are glorious!!!
Hope your all well,
Hugs,
Mich

Cindy Haffner said...

Lovin all this C hrismas. so pretty.

Dawn said...

Gosh Dawny I'm right in the festive mood now - those cards are brillant - love the flowers you have used - Gorgeous M'Lady!!

DAwn
x

Kathy said...

Oh Dawn what gorgeous and elegant cards!! I love your embellishments!! Fabulously classy!!!! Also your wreath is fabulous!! Will you make me one?? (LOL) I wish I could do that!!
:)Kathy

Sarah said...

These are all just fabulous!!!! I absolutely love the first card - I now need that cuttlebug folder! And the garland is just stunning!

Rach said...

a stunning collection of cards Dawny. the first one is my absolute favourite. big hugs Rachxxx

Beth said...

Fab stuff Dawny!! I love the all the cards (my fave is the first one with the embossing!) and that garland looks great! xx

Mrs Wonka said...

Love all of it!

Mrs W x

debby4000 said...

Stunning, amazing creations.

Gayle said...

You are too clever missus!!!
You've got me remembering how woefully unprepared I am for Christmas!
Darn you Dawny P (think I'll just do panto type comments between now and New Year!!!)
Luv'n'Hugs
Gayle x

scotspanda said...

WOW O WOW who's had an overload of tinsel and mulled wine then? these are all fabulously gorge hun, love the garland it is v funky :)

lotsalove

Amandaxxx

Ann said...

Wow Dawny, these christmas cards are just fantastic, I love them all, and what a great job you did with the garland - looks a million dollars xxx

de said...

Wow, these are just beautiful! I need to get busy with my Christmas cards.. I keep saying that... hmm.

cats whiskers said...

These are all fab honey, I popped over to the web when Mch sent the e-mail and feel in love with them all then, that wreath is fabulous
Hugs Jacqui x

Digi Stamp Boutique said...

Superbly yummy! These are amazing Dawny....I don't have glamour dust - is now on my wish list...and the flowers and papers are fabby together...xx

Sue said...

oh wow dawny theare are all beautiful, you keep inspiring me at every visit...thanks:)

sue
xx

The Crafty Blonde said...

Hi Dawn, Just found your blog and have to tell you its fab. I really had to laugh however at your pic of the bab covered in sudocrem as it reminded me of my daughter who at 21/2 did the same thing a couple of weeks ago, as she had a rash appear on her face and we were putting the sudocrem on it, and one day she decided to do it herself. She has also been known on occasions to change her baby's (doll) nappy and covers the dolls bum with the stuff as well. Doesnt come off a soft bodied doll that easy I can tell you.
I have added you to my blogroll hope thats ok.
Lyndsey xx
Lyndsey xx

The Crafty Blonde said...

Hi Dawn, Just found your blog and have to tell you its fab. I really had to laugh however at your pic of the bab covered in sudocrem as it reminded me of my daughter who at 21/2 did the same thing a couple of weeks ago, as she had a rash appear on her face and we were putting the sudocrem on it, and one day she decided to do it herself. She has also been known on occasions to change her baby's (doll) nappy and covers the dolls bum with the stuff as well. Doesnt come off a soft bodied doll that easy I can tell you.
I have added you to my blogroll hope thats ok.
Lyndsey xx
Lyndsey xx

Kath Stewart said...

Wow fabulous cardsMrs Crafty Delicious..love them all and GD is the only glitter in my life...love the garland...me thinks I have one or two old tatty ones which need a bit of tarting up.
Hugs
kath
xxxxx

Sharon Caudle said...

GORGEOUS! Now don't spill any of that mulled wine on all your hard work! We can't be wasting any wine OR your gorgeous creations! :) hugs!

Liz Armstrong said...

These are AMAZING Dawny. Traditional with a Dawny P edge : )
Liz
xx