Monday 3 November 2008

Papertake Weekly is Simply Sparkling xx

Remember remember, the 5th of November!!!

As it is bonfire night on Wednesday, the challenge over at PTW this week is to create something sparkly and glittery. You can use glitter, gems, anything at all, as long as it sparkles lol xxx

Well I didn't need to be told twice, cos you knows how I love me glitter.

So I used an Elzybells stamp, coloured with PMs natch and layered with a nestie, and the giant snowflake is a Cuttlebug cut and emboss folder, which I covered with Glamour Dust. The silver sparkly mesh ribbon, which is absolutely gorgeous in real life - you cannot tell properly from this picture - I got from a wholesale warehouse near here.

The little gem, in the centre of the snowflake is a Swarovski crystal (it really is I promise you!!) which I got from Craftwork Cards, but the other bling is just cheapo stuff which I had in my stash. The chunky snow is Cosmic Shimmer Glitter Jewels. And last but by no means least, and just by way of a change, my very fave and very gorgeous MSBP. Oh I know I am getting a bit boring with it but I can't help it - it's sat there looking at me and practically begging to be used lol xxx

Here's a different angle so you can see the faux snow a bit better!!! Unusually for me, there is not a scrap of patterned paper in sight. A very rare thing, but I think it is better without in this case - I wanted the glitz to do the talking lol xxx!!!!

Can't wait to see your fabulous and sparkly work. Check out the other DT girls fabulous stuff as well cos it is just fabulous.

Have a great evening - while you are reading this, me and my cold (thanks Richard - not) will be hard at it at card club so I am going to schedule this - hope it works.

BFN and love and hugs xxxxxx



30 comments:

Jill said...

beautiful card Dawny, love the image and all the glitter, looks fab, hope your cold gets better soon hun hugs Jill x

Penny said...

Oooh, I love that snow!! The whole card is absolutely gorgeous!

Diane.W. said...

Gorgeous card,Dawny!!! I got cold too,eugh!!! :o)x

Michelle said...

What a little cutie this is. Love how subtle the background. It really emphasis's gorgeous image and snow. I love it!!!! Hope club is ok tonight.
Hugs,
Mich
x

Pauline C said...

Fab card Dawny ... and thanks - it helped me spot your challenge which I'd already just completed without knowing it ROFL!! Great minds and all that ... (or is it something about fools never differ PMSL!!)
Hugs
Pauline x

Dawn Wheeler said...

Wow Dawny ,Dawny this card is stunning and so fabulous ,love it babe xxxDawnxxx

Cheryl said...

What a lovely card....and in my favourite colour (though its not a colour) white.....I really like this card Dawny......

Hope your cold is better soon.......

Nikki Fairbairn said...

This is beautiful Dawny and love all the sparkle and the little gems on her jacket, Hugs, Nikki x

Nikki Fairbairn said...

This is beautiful Dawny, Love all the sparkles and the little gems on her jacket, Hugs, Nikki x

Mrs Wonka said...

This is simply devine! I love it, you are one very clever lady.....Also a big thank you for a fabby sketch last week as I won!!!!!!!! xxx

Linanna DESIGNS said...

This is such a stunning card Dawny, love the big snowflake! hugs Linda x

Kath Stewart said...

oh this is just a vision of glittery sparkly deliciousness...love the snowflake and my fave glitter...the one and only GD and of course MS punch
Hugs
kath
xxxx

Beth said...

Ooh, loving your fancy crystals! The rest of the card is gorgeous too, that ribbon is so pretty! xx

Andrea, said...

Oh this is beautiful Dawn, a great image and I love the big sparkly snowflake. have a good day

scotspanda said...

gorgeous card, love the snow and all the other sparkly bits the image goes perfectly with it too :)

lotsalove

Amanda xx

Crafting Queen said...

Lovely card, the snow looks great.

Jo said...

Absolutely gorgeous!! Love the colour scheme.

Cindy Haffner said...

So darling, great snow.

simplyfairies said...

This is simply gorgeous Dawny, I couldn't manage mine in time this week but will have a go later on in the week...

kerry said...

Hiya Dawny, loving the cards you've been making of late. All fab!!!
Kerry xxx

LOUISE said...

Gorgeous card Dawny, love the subtle colouring. Louise x

Kathy said...

Love the look of this card!! The simplicity of it is really pretty and your right it really shows off the beautiful sparkles!! :)Kathy

Dawn said...

Aww Sigh! This is just too gorgeous - so sparkly and blingy - I love it!

Dawn
xx

Julie said...

Gorgeous card Dawny, love everything about it, it has the perfect wintery feel. Looking forward to hearing about your craft club.

wendy said...

Beautiful card!

Digi Stamp Boutique said...

Wow! Wow and more Wow! Stunning, beautiful, gorgeous.....love it....xx

Heather said...

Gorgeous card Dawny, love everything about it - it's just perfect.
hugs Heather xx

Anonymous said...

Totally awesome card! So beautiful and those colours are just so right!

Bev said...

Stunning! Love the colour combo Dawny, really makes the image pop. Love it!!

hugs B x

Liz Armstrong said...

This is absolutely GORGEOUS! Your blog is looking amazing Dawny! And congratulations on your new DT post too!
Thanks ever so much for stopping by Pink P so often - I do appreciate it : )
Liz
xx