Friday 28 November 2008

Lovely Friends xxx

Ohh look what I got :))
I feel very honoured to have been given this, but to have been given it by some many wonderful girlies, well I feel especially honoured. So I have to say huge thank yous to the following top chicks. It goes without saying that I appreciate their thoughtfullness and admire (and envy !!) all their creative talents.
Thanks girls - mmmmwwwwaaaaahhhh & {{{hugs}}} xxxx


This is a nice award because it stands for the following -

This blog invests and believes the PROXIMITY - nearness in space, time and relationships!These blogs are exceedingly charming. These kind blogger's aim to find and be friends. They are not interested in prizes or self-aggrandizement. Our hope is that when the ribbons of these prizes are cut, even more friendships are propagated. Please give more attention to these writers! Deliver this award to eight blogger's who must choose eight more and include this cleverly-written text into the body of their award.

I think that's so nice and verrrrry sweet. But who to choose for my eight then? Oh how hard is this, cos all the girls above would have been on my list, plus gazillions more. So I am going to pass this on to everyone who visits the pink pig sty regularly. Thank you for stopping by and brightening my otherwise dull and dreary day :))))) xxxxx


And if that wasn't enough to smile about, then look at this baby xx

I was truly touched to be given this by my very very dear and lovely friend Jacqui. Not only is she one of the nicest, sweetest people in Blogland, she is amazingly talented. Thank you Jacqui - this is very special xxxx

So, the RULES for presenting this, hopefully soon sought after award are as follows -

Pick 5 bloggers that you consider as your best blogging buddies and deserves this award for their contribution towards the blogging community, no matter what language. State the name of the author of each blog as well as a link to each one's blogs. Each blogger (upon acceptance) of this award should do a post and show the award on their blog and put the name and link to the blog that has given her/him the award.

This really is a toughie and I can't wimp out again. The problem is that I can only pick 5 and I could pass this on to so many wonderful peeps.
But I have to chose, so my 5 are

Kath, Claudia, Enfys, Mich and Cheryl.

Cheryl, for those of you who don't know, is Mich's mum and her blog is a truly inspirational place for me, as she is a wildlife gardner. Her photographs are extraordinary and her affinity with the natural world is something quite special. I felt a connection with her from the very first time I visited her blog.

Anyway, Each person will know why I have chosen them and all have been the best and most helpful blog buds I could have wished for. Girls, I am so happy I met up with you in Blogland. You are all very special to me and I thank you for your friendship and hope it will continue.

As usual, I am having to apologise for being a tad on the slow side getting these on here.
This yukky virus thing is sitting on my chest like a great sumo wrestling demon and can I shift it??? Not a chance. Plus yesterday, due to changes at work, I was without my computer
all day :(

Oh the shock to my system. I could log in and get comments published via my phone, but that was about it. I think I went through some kind of withdrawal syndrome cos by 2pm, I was getting twitchy (oh how sad to admit that, even to myself!!)

Then last night was the open evening. I sort of croaked my way through it but by the time I got home last night, I was sounding a lot like Phyllis Pearce (her with the purple rinse from Corrie - alright Percy luv lol xx).
But on the plus side, I got to meet up with lovely Shell again. It was nice to see you again chick xx Hope the PMs are behaving for you, and hope you can make Monday xxxx And also 2 of my lovely Saughall girls, Pam and Jane, came to say hi.

But there was some sad news....

Old Santa didnt turn up, bless him - he wasn't there. I'm unsure whether he had to postpone his visit, no doubt due to his very heavy work schedule at the mo, until, Saturday. Or if it was because I had got it wrong and he was never meant to be there until Saturday in the first place.

I would like to say here and now though that it had nothing at all to do with the fact that I called him the fat lad in the red suit.

I hope xxxxx

8 comments:

Kath Stewart said...

Thank you so much for this award..you really are the bestest of bloggy buddies and I love ya.
Hugs
kath
xxxxx

Cheryl said...

Dear Dawny....congratulations on yours awards.....what can I say but thank you for mine......I am honoured that you visit, you know that. Certain people bring joy when they drop by, you are one of those.....there has always been a connection between us.....

Get better soon.......stay cosy and warm.......sloe gin is a good cure......I have several bottles waiting to be opened!!

Kathy said...

Don't forget to look at my blog I have a couple for you from last week!!! One of them is not here!! You so deserve all the awards there are!! Have a great day!! :)Kathy

Andrea, said...

Congratulations on your awards Dawn

Cindy Haffner said...

Get better soon, and congrats on your awards. You rock and deserve them.

Leann said...

It so was 'cos you called him a fat lad in a suit... ;)

Shell said...

well done on your awards dawn. thanks for the advise last night. couldn't wait to use them. my first go is on my blog if you wanna take a peep, used your sketch too another first for me. hope you feel better soon shell x

ps will b there monday x

Anonymous said...

Hi Dawny :D

I know, I know.. I've been a bad blogger of late.. but so many things to do, so little time.. blah di blah.. I can hear you say "Don't give me those excuses!!" LOL

Congrats on all the awards hun, you deserve them.. I was of all good intentions to do your sketch.. but again time has ran away and i can't find it!!
Maybe in the weekend :)

Have a fab one!

Huggles, Marlene x