Monday 10 November 2008

Papertake Weekly - It's My 2nd Sketch xx

It's time for another challenge over at Papertake Weekly. I cannot believe how this week has flown!!!

I did another sketch for this challenge and here it is .....
This week there is also a fabbytastic prize up for grabs - wooohoooo - pop over to PTW and check it out but here's a clue... thanks Katharina, you lovely lady xxxxx And congratulations on your 1st Blogaversay xxxx

Anyway, here is my interpretation .....

I just 'heart' this image - it's one of my fave Tildas and it was a RAK (mmmwaaaah to my PTW team mate who sent me this - she knows who she is xx). I wanted to try and get her dress to look like leather or suede - hope Tilda isnt a Vegan lol xxx - it does sort of look suede-ey dont ya think??

I coloured it with my PMs and highlighted it with Glamour Dust. The bloom is from Poppicrafts and the sentiment is Funky Fairy. The papers are a freebie from the fabulous Retrodiva. Thanks Tracy xx I got them ages ago so the link will have gone now, but there is some gorgeous stuff there and you can buy access to the archives for a teeny tiny amount of wongaroonie xx

And now a very over-due thank you to the lovely Mrs Wonka for giving me this years ago. Well it wasnt really years ago but it was a while ago, so slaps to the pink pig (yet again) for not sorting it quicker!! Thank you for thinking of me darlin' - I love it and you are very kind xxx

While we are on the subject of Mrs W, she won last weeks PTW
prize, so well done to her xxx

But she is having a bit of a time of it at the mo cos her lovely cat Arthur has gone awol. I know how it feels cos one of my cat boys went missing years ago. One minute he was there playing with his brother, the next he had vanished. He never came back and the not knowing is just awful. I know I am a big softie where kids and animals are concerned - I can't help it - but I just wanted to say that I hope he comes back home soon xxx

Have the most wonderful of Monday evenings peeps. My new stamps arrived from Funky Kits this morning (awesome service) and I am just dying to have a fiddle. One may appear on here tomorrow :))))

Hugs xxxx

27 comments:

simplyfairies said...

fabulous card as is the sketch, keep em coming girlie...

scotspanda said...

oooh gorgeous card and fabby sketch, can't wait to give it a go :)

lotsalove

Amanda xxx

Sharon Caudle said...

ooooooooo Dawny!!! The sketch looks fabulous and your card sooooooo YUMMY!!! Yes, I think you did a wonderful job making it look leathery! I love those corners! AWESOME!!!

Cindy Haffner said...

So so darling, I love your coloring, great colors.

Jill said...

aww Dawny I just love this one hun the colouring is amazing and yes it does look like suede. love your sketch and I hope I find the time to use it this week hugs Jill xx

Nikki Fairbairn said...

Gorgeous card and love the sketch Dawny, Tilda is gorgeous and beautifully coloured, Hugs, Nikki x

Ann said...

Fantastic sketch Dawny, well done. Love your card, the PM's are looking a real treat. xxx

Anonymous said...

Your card is just gorgeous Dawny...so is your Sketch...must try and get round to joinin you this week:)~X~

Sparkle and Flourish said...

Just found your lovely blog! Love the colour you have done Tilda! She looks lush! Great sketch and I will be having a wee go at it this week!
Judy x

Rach said...

Hi sweetie, you are one talented lady yummy cards and yummy sketches to match...awesome. hugs rachxx

Beth said...

Another wonderful sketch Dawny! And the card you've made with it is fabulous - I love the autumnal colours! xx

Linanna DESIGNS said...

Dawn this is a stunning card and great sketch i will have to have a go at this one. Hugs Linda x

Donalda said...

Love your sketch dear and your card is just gorgeous hon.

Mary Dawn said...

your coloring is beautiful!

Andrea, said...

Gorgeous card Dawn, I love the colour combo and of course the cute Tilda. Another fab sketch, I'm looking forward to the next one

Mrs Wonka said...

Super trooper sketch & card.....thanks for your come home Arthur vibes!!! Although he is yet to return!

Mrs W x

Nixe-Moni said...

Wow what a gorgeous card. I love your great sketch and the cute image. Your colouring is fab.
Hugs
Moni

Kim Dellow said...

Gorgeous sketch and Gorgeous card. Lovely. Kim

Stacey said...

Great sketch! Gorgeous image too, love the flower ~x~

Marlou McAlees said...

well blogger has let me comment Dawn {LOL} cant seem to still everytime I pop onto your blog :(
Anyhow fabulous sketch from you and of course your card and all the other cards that I missed :) xx

Macpurp said...

i love this sketch, had a wee go at it myself. xx
beautiful card darl xx
hope the puss cat comes home soon xx

Claireabelle said...

Gorgeous card
x

Dawn said...

Aww love this Dawny - Your a whizz at the sketches now!!

Enfys said...

Fantabulous card, wonderful sketch, I am going to try and get one done later in the week. I am still in the US until Dec 5th by the way. Did you want me to send anything over? Like MS punches? :) En x

Murielle said...

Dawny, this is so gorgeous. I love your colours and just so pretty.
Such a beautiful card.
hugs, Mumur

Carol said...

Great sketch again Dawny, Thank You!
Couldn't resist having a go!

Hugs
Carol x

Betty J Schaub said...

My first try at a DawnyP sketch! Loved playing along. Check out my card here...
http://zacksnanaat.blogspot.com/2008/11/dawny-p-papertakeweekly-challenge-1.html

Huggies,
Betty aka Zack'sNana