Wednesday 13 August 2008

Seek and Ye Shall Find .....

Kyla is going to a party this afternoon, little socialite that she is. So I told Emma that I would do her a card to take - like any good cardmaking Grandma would, natch!!

And while I was doing the rooty tooty thing looking for something suitable, I found this stamp. Well blow me down, it's only a Penny Black stamp, and I clean forgot I had it. So I thought I would do a card for Kyla to take to the party and do the Penny Black Saturday Challenge at the same time.

Papers are PP, ribbons are Poppicrafts and Dawn's stash, and there is a little bit of Glamour Dust sprinkled over with lots of love.

And talking of Kyla, here are a couple of pics I took last week. As you know, I always struggle with my camera so I was thrilled with the flowing hair one as I think it is quite arty (for me at any rate). She was actually flouncing off cos I had just told her to stop picking flowers. I mean, Johnny Cash was put in jail for that - ooh dear. But I must have caught her just right. I did a bit of jiggery pokery with the old Photoshop and I rather like how it turned out. The other one is just me and her - awww I do love that kid.
TFS xxx

25 comments:

Kath Stewart said...

Fabulous card for the challenge Dawny - love that image it is so cute and great colour work and a card for your granddaughter to be very proud of..thank you for joining us this week at PBSC.
Hugs
Kath
xxxx

Love the pics - another Kirsty in the making.....heee.heee.

Jill said...

fab card, I love your stamp and Kyla is gorgeous great photo, she such a cutie hugs Jill xx

Kim Dellow said...

Oh Dawny this is really cute. Kimx

~Emma~ said...

Dawn you are just like I imagined you! And as for Kyla...she is so beautiful!
The card is very cute as well. Hugs Em.x

Allison said...

lovely bright card- love the image
AllisonX

Mary said...

Wonderful photography!!!! Love the black and white and I love being able to see what you look like (I'm assuming that is you in the second picture :)) Cute card, too! How do you do those Penny Black designs so well. I just can't do the "cute" like you do; I guess it's just not my style....

Mare

Rach said...

Gorgeous card,
stunning pictures...Kyla is a stunner..hugs rachxx

Heather said...

Great card - love it. What a cutie - NO - not you, Kyla. It is good to put a face to the name though. I love the first photo - there's some real attitude there!
Hugs Heather xxx

de said...

Love the bright cheery card! Perfect for a child's birthday! And I do love the flowing hair pic! Beautiful! Your granddaugther is adorable!

de
SBS #21 Sistah

Tiets said...

wowwww so great your card! !

tracie said...

Hi Dawny, oh wow another fabulous card hun. Love this image - gorgeous, I love it.
Oh Kyla is soo cute, bless her you look so very proud, good too see a picture of you too hun.
Thanks for joining us this week :)x

My Paper World said...

Such a cute card! and the pics are great! Kyla is a cutie!

Cheryl said...

What a sweet card Dawny.....love the selection of animals on the front....any child would be pleased to get it.....

Lovely photo of Kyla.....beautiful hair......the one of you with her is special....Did Richard take it???

Sue said...

Love this card Dawny and a great image.Piccies are fabby too:)

sue
xx

Leann said...

Beautiful Photos Dawny! Card's not bad either... ;)
x x

Sharon Caudle said...

Awesome card Dawny! You're such an inspiration! I love your work! And those pics are awesome!

Nikki Fairbairn said...

Fabulous card Dawny and I love the cute stamp, love the bright ribbons too, Hugs, Nikki x

Anonymous said...

Wow Your photo`s are `Beauiful` Dawny `P` and done in Black and white makes it sooo classy...TFS111;0
hEY YOUR CARD IS GORGEOUS..i tried to get that stamp so I could do our Mason a card with it last year and coulldnt get it anywhere...I loves it:)x

Christine said...

Adorable card! It's so colorful! Great take on the 2S4Y sketch!

cats whiskers said...

Another great card love the colours, and the image. Thanks for joining us this week
lots of Hugs Jacqui x

Katty Bell said...

Love the card.... soooo cute!
Lucky you, your grandaughter, Kyla is like you say, 'such a cute poppet!'
It's good to be back ;)Missed you all!
KattyOXOXO

Angie C said...

Lovely bright funky card and great PB image too

Ã…shild said...

So cute! Love it! Thanks for sharing :)

ella bella said...

gorgeous card the image is fab and i love your take on the sketch
thanks for joining this weeks PBSC
Tracy x

Beth said...

She's a little cutie! Great card by the way, I love the fun stamp and funky papers! Thanks for joining in! Have a good weekend!