Friday 22 August 2008

Can you help please? xx

My friend Emma has put this on her blog and I think it is such a good thing to do, so I wondered if anyone could help please, either by speading the word or making a card or 2 for her xxxx.

Copied from Emma's blog ....

After the wonderful response to our Christmas cards for the troops plea and after much discussion with Tina, Sarah and everyone else we have decided to offer some blog candy for this very worthy cause...As some of you have already started making your Christmas cards...do you fancy making a spare one for the Troops in Iraq or Afghanistan? All you need to do is make an extra one...leave it blank inside so a member of our fantastic Forces can send it home to a loved one.Everyone that sends a card to me to forward on to SOS will have their name put into a draw for a huge bag of ribbons from craftyribbons.co.uk. Send two cards and you get your name in twice!If you would like your name putting in the draw then drop me an e-mail and I'll tell you where to send them.All cards need to be received by the beginning of October.So girls...start spreading the word and lets give our boys and girls some Christmas cheer.

Hugs Emma


Fab I think and I wouldn't fancy being in either of those places right now .xxxxx

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Yep I'm taking part in this worthy cause and proud to do it!
Jx

Kim said...

Fantastic idea, I have emailed Emma to find out where to send them and posted on my blog too. Thanks for the link Dawn. Kim x

Heather said...

Great cause Dawn. Christmas is for families - it must be awful to be so far away, or have someone so far away, (especially in such a dangerous situation).
I'm definitely in one this one.
Hugs xxx

Sammie said...

What a great idea. I'm up for it!

BTW -I just credited you with teaching me how to knot my ribbons for my Knot Again boat card!

You are fab at sharing tips and tricks.

Love,
SJ xxx

Jilli said...

What a fab idea, once I start making my christmas cards i'll be more than happy to join in. Jillix