Monday 25 August 2008

Paper Take Weekly Challenge - A Stitch In Time xx

FirstlyI would like to thank Steph for giving me the opportunity to join the fabulously awesome PWT design Team xxxx. I am sooo chuffed peeps, I cannot tell you xxxx And thank you to the other DT girls for making me feel welcome xxxx I do appreciate it, being the new girl and all that!!!


So onto this weeks challenge, which is a stitch in time, which is simply to use stitching on your project! It can be real or faux!



I've gone for faux seeing as my sewing machine is somewhere in the depths of my spare room and I would need a search party worthy of the SAS to find it!!! Some of these are hand drawn and some are rub ons.

I'm sure if you look carefully you will be able to tell which is which lol xxxx

Just for a change, I have used my MSBP (yes, it is a bit sad when I am down to abbreviations, safe in the knowledge that you will know what I am talking about!!). The papers are all K & Co, as is the flower which is from a press out book (it's just fabulous!!). The little brad is Poppicrafts with a bit of bling stuck on the top, the sentiment is from the PP Tiny Tags set and the ribbon is from my stash. Don't forget to check out the rest of the DT 's work cos it is uber fabbytastic.


I hope you are all having a fab bank holiday btw and hope the weather is better for you than us - grey and horrible here.

Finally Mich at Poppicrafts is having a monster sale - 15% off this weekend - so pop over there and check it out.
TFS xxxx

32 comments:

Penny said...

Congratulations on joining the team - well done!! This is such a fresh card and the different stitching is very cool indeed :)

Sammie said...

Oh wow! BIG time congratulations. That really is a fabilicious piece of news and so well-deserved. You are my design guru ;-)

Adore the stitching card too -just in case you thoguht I hadn't noticed your creation in all the excitement!!!

Much love,
SammieJay

Dawn Wheeler said...

Fabulous card Dawny for your first DT card xxx
welcome aboard the teamxxxHugs Dawnxx

Cindy Haffner said...

Love your stitches and your colors.

Beth said...

Wow! Big congrats! This card is gorgeous! Steph obviously knows what she's talking about! xx

cats whiskers said...

Congrats on the DT post you deserve it you make some great cards, took me ages to work out the abbreviations I take it it is Martha Stewart something Punch, this is a great card love the colours and the composition
Hugs Honey
Jacqui x

Bev said...

It's fabulous Dawny, really love it!

hugs Bev x

Rach said...

whooo hooo Go Dawny!
congrats on your DT acheivement...I am so not suprised though....
YOur card is fabulous...love all the stitching detail wonderful idea...love it.
xxx
oh and yes it is the dreaded Chrons!!!! Pain in the bum!(not him the Chrons
Bless him though he soldiers on...he has some steroids now so hopfully it will all calm down again now!!!
Thanks for caring mwahxxx

Digi Stamp Boutique said...

Hi Dawny - loving this card....the layout is super and the black detail is such a stunnnig contrast....beautiful...Hope you are having a fabby weekend....x

Trinka said...

such a beautiful card...love the dots~

Jill said...

congratulations on your first DT card, I love the colours and your design. Those stitches look fab it's a gorgeous card as always Jill x

Cheryl said...

Congrats Dawny.....wonderful.....

The card is so clean and clear, I am not a crafter but I love the stitching......very very pretty.....

Ann said...

Dawny what a very pretty card, congratulations on joining the design team and a fabulous first entry. You know I have to join you in your love of that Martha Stewart lace punch. xxx

de said...

Wow, this is beautiful! And congrats!

Nikki Fairbairn said...

Congrats on your DT post and your card is so pretty Dawny, Love the colours and the stitching looks fab, Hugs, Nikki x

Jilli said...

Congratulations on joining the DT! Brilliant card, gorgeous colours and fab stitching. Why doesn't mine ever look that good? hugs Jillix

Zoe said...

Hi Dawny, I love the lace and I love the stitching.
love
zoe
xxxxx

Kath Stewart said...

Big huge hugs to you and congrats on your DT appointment...well done and hey they are lucky to get someone so talented...love this card it is so cute...just love everything about it..the colour combo..the stitching.the flower everything....oh I am so pleased for you
Love
kath
xxxxx
P.S. Oh I almost missed out the MS punch...how could I?

Sue said...

Whoooooooooo, well done on getting on the Dt that is wonderful news and such a fabby card to kick off with..love everything about this..Hugs to ya:-)

sue
xx

Sam said...

What fantastic news, congrats on making DT.
Great card, lovely colours.
Sam x

Anonymous said...

`Congratulations`on getting on the DT Dawny...so deserving...I`m soo pleased for you:)
Well Your card is trulty beautiful...
Hope you had a great Bank Holiday:)x

Tiets said...

congrats to you and have fun in the team!

debby4000 said...

Congratulations on your DT place, well deserved. You've come up with a brilliant card too, love that flower.

Andrea, said...

Fabulous card, the papers are gorgeous

Claudia Rosa ~ Pretty Pressings said...

dawny this is amazing.
love the greens and your layout is awesome!
hugs
claudia

craft mad Jenny said...

such a gorgeous card,

jenny

Kim said...

Lovely Dawn, love my MSBP too!! Love the stitching on this. Kim x

Linanna DESIGNS said...

This is a beautiful card Dawn, i am loving the colours, very fresh looking. Congratulations on your news, not surprised as your designs are always so inspirational. Im loving the new Martha Steward lace punch, very classy. Hugs Linda x

Han said...

congratulations u, I am not surprised as your cards are FAB FAB FAB xx

Tiff said...

This is beautiful!

Dawn said...

Oooh Dawny you have been a busy bee since my last visit - superb cards and love all this faux stitching.

Dawn
xx

Debbie said...

Hi Dawny, this is my first visit to your blog via PTW. Well done on joining the team, all of your creations are beautiful. Debbie x