Saturday 30 August 2008

Cheeky Lilac and Cheeky Girl xx

Hope you are all having a fabulous weekend xxx
We have just been out for dinner for Richard's birthday (yesterday) and we are both stuffed!!! My pud of warm chocolate brownie with hot choc sauce and real vanilla ice cream was gorge but it was a bridge too far!!! So the diet book is coming out on Monday (not tomorrow cos we have a house full for Sunday lunch and they are expecting roast beef and all that goes with it). And then it's back to fat club for me - eat dust!!!!!
Anyway, before I waddle back into my craft room and do a couple of challenges, I thought I would share these with you. Here are a couple more Raspberry Ribbons Loving Lilac designs from next month's kit.
Firstly, a cheeky little number .....
The paper and image are both PP, ribbons are RR, naturellement (check out that beautiful wide grosgrain, it is just the prettiest shade of lilac), and what is that gorgeous lacy border I wonder??? Could it be my MSBP????? Now I happen to know that Martha Doo Dah has sold right out of these punches and I think it is cos there has been a bit of a Brit invasion :)
But I have to tell you here and now that an interloper has arrived at chez Dawny and my beloved punch now has a rival.... all will be revealed soon lol xxx
But speaking of Martha, here's another - one of the very talented Kerry's Spiral Whispers stamps. The paper is Pocket Full Of Posies. And what a neat link from one card to the other - I should be on the telly!!!
And finally, a bit of sheer Grandma indulgence!! Kyla went to a party last Saturday and it was fancy dress. Her first choice of outfit was Bob The Builder !! Unfortunately we weren't able to do that one lol xx In the end she went as a ladybird!!! Awwww, these pics were too nice to keep to myself and I glow with pride, as only a grandma can, every time I look at them!!!

Here she is in all her chubby glory ...
Have a great Saturday night and see you tomorrow xxxx



21 comments:

Rach said...

Lovin the cards Dawny two masterpieces...but that granddaughter of your makes a smashing ladybird...she is so darn cute...big hugs and enjoy your roast tomorrow...Rachxx

Joanne said...

What a gorgeous little girl! Being a grandma give you extra bragging rights by the way! lol Your cards are just beautiful!

Pauline C said...

Fab cards Dawny - still lovin the lilac! And fab pics of your granddaughter :-)
pauline x

Sammi said...

Great cards Dawny! They are brilliant! Hope Richard had a great birthday!! those are absolutely gorgeous pictures of your grandaughter!! :) LOVELY!!
sammi
xxx

Ann said...

Hi Dawny - absolutely gorgeous scrummy cards, adorable. Love the pictures of Kyla, she looks a real angel. xx

Cheryl said...

Oh Dawny ...what a dear sweet child she is.....don't you just glow when you look at them....I know my love for Riley and Poppi is so strong, it overpowers me sometimes.............they came for the day yesterday (poor Mich is still trying to decorate and lay floors in the house)we spent the day in the garden and had the most wonderful time, playing hide and seek and other childlike games......I cherish each and every moment.....

Tell little one going as a ladybird certainly gets my vote!!lol

Dawny......I love that second card, colour, content, absolutely lovely.........

Kath Stewart said...

hark at you my friend - you have talent coming out your ears - love the saucy one and that ribbon is just gorge...love kerry's stamps and she would love what you've done with it but my favvy pics are of your little ladybird - what a sweetheart and it did tickle me that her firt choice was Bob the Builder....enjoy that gorgeous roasty beef dinner and can I smell yorkie puds - my absolute fave..tomorrow is another day.
Love you loads
Kath
xxxxxx

Penny said...

Aww, she looks so sweet! Prettier than a Bob the Builder outfit!! LOL!

Love your lacy, girly cards too! so what's this about the punch then??

Macpurp said...

love the cards.....but your wee grand daughter is a wee honey!
i love her dress!

Tracey said...

So, now I have read your posting I am jealous and hungry !! NO FAIR DAWNY I AM ON A DIET !!!

Gorgeous cards though as always and what an adorbale little granddaughter you have there. I have a little pressie on my blog for you, hope you are pleased.
Tracey x

debby4000 said...

Fabulous cards especially love the first one. But love your Granddaughter she is adorable.

Nikki Fairbairn said...

Gorgeous cards Dawny, love the dp you have used and the pretty image. Your Granddaughter looks such a cutie. Hugs Nikki x

Jilli said...

Fab cards Dawny they're gorgeous ... but that ladybird is soooo cute, I wanted one just like that but we got an equally cute little bug ... dressed him up last halloween in a spider outfit and at Christmas he was Santa lol... we're so cruel! Have a fab day today with your Sunday roast and think of me while I'm out having chinese with the outlaws to celebrate my hubbys birthday last tuesday ... yipee :/

tracie said...

oh wow Dawny these are gorgeous, loving the ribbons and punch. Ooohhh yummy Choc Brownie - always my fav... Oh how sweet Kyla looks all dressed up as a ladybird - she's adorable.
enjoy your sunday roast hun
Have a great day
Hugs :)x

Jill said...

Aww Dawny Kyla just gets more gorgeous by the minute and she so suits red. There so cute when they are little and still like dressing up.
gorgeous card I love them both and oh boy do I want a MSBP, It's looks fab on your cards, love Kerry's stamp and your fab colouring thanks for sharing pink Hugs Jill x

Dawn said...

Oooh love the saucy undies!!
Great colours and of course the gorgeous bow! I need bow tying classes!! LOL
Great little stamp with the sparkly tutu!!
And well Grandma should indeed by proud what a little cutie pie Kyla is!
......AND I'm drooling thinking about that pud!! LOL

Hugs

Dawn
xx

cats whiskers said...

Love both of the cards Dawny, but just couldn't keep my eyes off of the beautiful Ladybug, what wonderful photos and what a little darling she looks, no wonder you are a proud Grandma. That pud sounds a bit nice!!!, there is one good thing about eating dust honey think of the money you will save to spend on new crafty goodies
Hugs jacqui xxxxx (ps Thanks for your lovely comments, wish we were nearer a coffee sounds great, don't get out much)

Digi Stamp Boutique said...

Gorgeous cards....so different and so clever...stunning creations!

....what a cute ladybird too...such a sweetie...xx

Kathy said...

Oh I could just bite those cheeks!! Reminds me of my little ones and there cheeks were always red when they were that age!! She is adorable!!!
The cards are also great!! Nice job with the sketch!!! :)Kathy

Barbara said...

Love, love, LOVE your cards!!! And the sweet little cherub is precious!

Enfys said...

Loving the cards Dawny, wondering whatever could be better than a MS punch - unless it's another MS punch :)
Your little granddaughter is adorable, brag away, it' what we grannies are good at! xx