Tuesday 8 November 2011

Little Lilac Cutie ….. Plus A Bit Of News :)

Picture 005c copy

Morning lovely peeps and sorry about the extremely unimaginative post title today -  I think I have brain freeze or something!!!

Anyway over at Papertake Weekly we’ve gone all festive and this is our

First Christmas ….

…. challenge of 2011.

We are sponsored this week by the lovely Tracy over at Dies To Die For and there is a voucheroonie up for grabs for one lucky girlie to spend in the shop :)

I don’t often mention it on here cos quite frankly I think we have better things to talk about lol (and I would just die if it looked like I was bragging cos that is SO not me), but I have been doing Christmas cards since May for various commission-ie / DT type stuff so I am kind of Christmas-ed out now. I’m working on Spring and Valentine  things now and it used to seem a bit strange but I suppose I’ve gotten used to it over the years.  There are a few of us that do  mag work on the PTW DT and I bet they’ll all say the same thing!

But the truth is that I haven’t  made a single Chrimbly card for me to send out so I better get me skates on cos Easter will be here before we know it!!!

Picture 002c copy

So I made a start here!!!

I have to confess that I love easel cards but I cannot take a decent pic of one to save me life peeps. This, for me, isn't a bad attempt  but I can never get the angle right. Anyway I went with a lilac theme and I used one of my new Tilda stamps. Why is it when I decide to not buy a Magnolia collection, that it turns out to be amazing!!  The new Christmas stuff is beautiful and has renewed my love fore these images (not that I ever really fell out of love with them)

Anyway on with the card – for a change I’ve put the shopping list on the end in the form of linked pics so clicking on one will take you straight to the right place on the website .

Picture 004c copy

I so love making these rolled flowers :)

Picture 006c copy

Stuff I used  …..

From Simon Says Stamp -

*Magnolia A LITTLE GIFT TILDA Rubber Stamp Sweet Christmas Dreams 2011        Magnolia Doohickey Die - Leaf and Swirl 

*Fiskars SCALLOP SENTIMENT Border Punch 02860

 *Copic 12 CIAO MARKERS & Storage BASIC Colors Marker

And the Copics used  were-

E000, E00, E11, E21, R11, R20 (skin), E40, E41, E42, E43, E50 (hair), B0000, BV00, BV0000, BV00, BV02, E41 (the rest).

From Nitwits -

fqb_promises_LRG  

From Dies To Die For -

*BACK IN STOCK* Martha Stewart Punch - Frond Branch 

From the fabulous Ribbon Girl

083513-owlavender   090729-sparkle_18mm 

The card base was made using a Craftwork Cards  Scalloped Circle Easel Card

Now the post title mentioned some news to share and  …..

I am going to be  Grandma again – woohoooooo!!!

And bless Emma cos she has evened it out a bit here as this little one is due in May,  which makes a change from the December / January crowd that make up the rest of us. Kyla is beyond excited and wasn't even sure she wanted to stay with us on Saturday night as she was going to ‘miss her baby brother or sister’ (ohh bless – and she keeps kissing Em’s tum as well!!). So I was gobsmacked – still am, cos I never thought I’d have one let alone 2. Although I have a feeling that this may well be that last one ….. but you can never say never I guess.

So on that happy note I’m off to do some more work and I’ll see you tomorrow.

Have a great day and huggiest of hugs to all xxx

23 comments:

Sarah said...

Firstly, congratulations on your wonderful news! Wishing mum and bub all the best in the coming months. A spring baby is lovely.

A gorgeous card as always Dawny, I really love the lilac colours and the rolled flowers.

I'm sorry I've not been around much the past few months however I'm trying to rectify things and become a better blogger and crafter.

Sarah xx :0)

Angie said...

Congrats granny that's wonderful news hope all goes well.
Your card is just perfect love the image and your fabulous contempary Christmas colours. Ha ha try saying that fast after a bit of Christmas cheer..Lol.
Hugs Angie x

Joey said...

Dawny this is gorgeous, lovely colour shade, Congrats on becoming a Grandma again :) xxx

MagsB said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! What happy news!

And what a delicious card! Also I do like the way you listed everything at the end of the post. Thank you!

luv, Mags x

Kirsty said...

Hi living the gorgeous lilacs with this darling Tilda ! I live these flowers too !! Congratulations on another baby too spoil :D. Kitty :D

Sharon Caudle said...

WHOOT WHOOT!!!! CONGRATS GRANDMA!!!! I'm so happy for you, Dawny!! What a blessing!! Your card is fabulous, girlfriend! And as far as Christmas cards, I'm in the same boat. *sigh* :) Have a fabulous week my friend!
hugs, Sharon

Kath Stewart said...

woohoo...that is the bestest news in the world...no wonder you are mega hyper excited...sending big hugs to all..kath xxx

Victoria said...

congratulations xxxx

Macpurp said...

That's fantastic news!!!! hugs!!


Beautiful card, I really like the idea of the gems on the rolled flowers!


much love Teen xx

Macpurp said...

That's fantastic news!!!! hugs!!


Beautiful card, I really like the idea of the gems on the rolled flowers!


much love Teen xx

Tracey T said...

Congratulations Dawny! That's wonderful news and I have a feeling Kyla will be beside herself with excitement. Love the card, too! Hugs, Tracey x

Dotty Jo said...

That's lovely news! Love your card, so pretty, Jo x

Kamilicrafts said...

Aww huge congrats hun, I have just had my 6th grandchild, 5 grandsons now and 1 grandaughter! It's just the best isn't it?! x

Helen said...

what a gorgeous card and lovely news. Congratulations grandma !

Maria Therese said...

Beautiful card and congrats on the baby to come ♥

Mo said...

Dawny your card is absolutely gorgeous...!!!
Big Hugs,
Mo

Unknown said...

Hi Dawny, love this purple Christmas card! The rolled roses look teriffic!! Love the image and the colouring. Hugs, Frea

yvon said...

Congratulations grandma, you must be so excited.
And your card is beautiful as allways.
Hugs, Yvon

Ribbon Girl said...

Congratulations!! Excellent news (and your card is lovely) hugs mary G x

June Nelson said...

Congratulations grandma and the card is so beautiful xxxxxxxxx

debby4000 said...

WOW Dawny this is gorgeous. Congratulations on your fabulous news.
luv
Debby

Riet said...

So wonderful card,I love the image and the colours.
So gorgeous papers and the details.

Hugs Riet.xx

Berry said...

Stunning card Dawny she is a crcker of an image and massive congrats on the impending grandchild! Hugs Rebekah x