Wednesday 30 November 2011

And Now For Something Completely Different

Picture 005c copy

Hi there peeps and hope you are all OK xxx

Today over at the Simon Says Stamp Challenge, we have one of them there

Anything Goes

themes so it’s time to fill your creative boots and do whatever you want to do.

This week, DT this week have all showcased  Unity and Fawn Lawn Stamps and if you have any, we would love to see you use them but its not compulsory for this challenge – just enjoy your crafting :)

As always, there is a whopper of a voucher up for grabs ….

.. which our lucky winner will get to spend  …

… right here and don’t forget to have a mooch over at the website cos new stuff is being added all the time.

Picture 001c copy

So this is what I did and you’ll notice that there isn’t really an image as such, or at least not like the ones  I usually use.

But I love this stamp and I wanted to use it but I also wanted to do something a little different other than plain colouring it in. So I paper pieced the main heart bit of it and coloured and glittered the edges, did a bit of decoupage on the leaves (which I did colour in)  and then covered up the flower on the image with a rolled flower which I doused rather liberally in  Diamond Stickles.

And you know what??

Picture 004c copy

I really like it – it’s so simple and the colours just zing :)

These pics do not do it justice and I am pleased with the result cos it’s for a special friend. I think these Anything Goes challenges are perfect for trying out new ideas and it’s nice to step outside your comfort zone occasionally.

Picture 002c copy

Picture 003c copy

So what did I use today then?

Well everything here came from The Simon Says Stamp Store of course and here are the pics with links that will take you straight to the right place on the website…

*Copic 12 CIAO MARKERS & Storage BASIC Colors Marker 

G99, YG0000, YG00, YG03

IB47hellomyfriend      LT1113      *S4-306 Nestabilities WONKY RECTANGLES Spellbinders

*Fiskars SCALLOP SENTIMENT Border Punch 02860        sticklesdiamond

Right, I better go and finish off some bits and bobs. I haven’t put the news on yet to see what’s happened re the strikes today cos I couldn't face it after yesterday – it’s all so doom and gloom and God only knows where it will all end.

In tears for sure, and don’t you just feel for future generations :(

But then, glass of vino in hand, I will settle down to watch the next bit of IACGMOOH – ooohhh, wasn't Wille a little narky pants last night – Crissy too!! Poor Sean/ Anthony / Moaning Minnie / whatever!! I felt sorry for him cos he was bereft that Willie had gotten the hump and after all, they were trying to do something nice. Well that bit them on the butt didn’t it!!  Are you taking note you naughty producers, heehee!! At least we don’t have to keep looking at Miss Plastic Fantastic Bazoomers (I’m not bitter !!)  cos she went last night.

So that’s the dads and lads votes gone then lol!!!

And is it just me but is that Carte Noir addie the most annoying thing on TV at the mo, Bruce Forsyth apart. I actually feel my knuckles turning white when it comes on. Yes, damned attractive springs to mind and the French accent is tres sexy fo sho, BUT there is no way on Gods green earth that I would let my Richard go and fold up the clothes. Whaaaaa? I would never find them again and nor would most women I suspect, whether our tongues are firmly in our cheeks or not.

Now THIS is what I call a sexy  French accent – remember this one girls…….

 I wonder what he had in mind then? Certainly not oran-jez rappend in ze tropic-al sun.

Ohh la la!!

I’ll see you soon if not sooner and huggiest of hugs to all xxx

13 comments:

Denise said...

Love this card Dawn - so bright and cheerful and that DP is gorgeous.
Hugs
Denise xx

Berry said...

This is fab Dawny I love the bold bright colours! I actually like the carte noire advert solely for the eye candy but no I would never let my hubby put clothes away as when he does I go crazy looking for them! Hugs Rebekah xx

Sarah said...

Stunning card Dawny, love the paper rose you've done. Great colours and layout.
'fraid to say I was on strike today.
Sarah xx :0)

Louise said...

A beautiful card x

Tracey T said...

I so remember that Cointreau ad! They don't make 'em like that anymore, do they? Love the card Dawny - the paper piecing works brilliantly on that lovely stamp and the colours you've used are fab. Hugs, Tracey x

Annette Allen said...

this card is amazing...I so love that paper with that stamp...it is just perfect..

Sharon said...

I absolutely love this card Dawny. Just perfect in every way.

debby4000 said...

Oh this is fabulous Dawny love what you've done with the stamp.
luv
Debby

MagsB said...

Oh my, that Cointrrreau ad! I remember it well! *melts*

What a fab card! You're right, the colours really zing - so nice to see on a gloomy day!

love MagsB x

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Dawny, I love everything about this ,, simple and stunning !! :-)

luv
Lols x x x

fab advert too ,, ha ha ,, :-)

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

Stunning creation, Dawny! I just love the whimsical and cheerful paper that you used and the pop outs of the heart and flower!

*mwah*
Steph
Simon Says Stamp!

Kirsty said...

Hi I really really love this creation !!! Its the background papers that's it I am off to buy them lol . The heart and flowers with the dies it's all so perfect!! Wow an advert blast from the past and yes super sexy accent ! I used to manage pubs and could never get rid of the stuff lol . Kitty ;0)

June Nelson said...

Absolutely gorgeous, and Imust get round tomaking some roses lik this they are stunning xxxx