Wednesday 16 November 2011

CAS – Even More Than Usual lol!!

Picture 004c copy

Hi peeps and hope you are all OK today – hasn’t it gone cold!!!

Today over at the Simon Says Stamp Challenge, our theme is

Thanksgiving /  Thank You

This week, the DT are showcasing Hero Arts products. You don't HAVE to use them to join in but if you have them then why not use them :)

There is a whopper of a voucher up for grabs ….

.. which our lucky winner will get to spend  …

… right here and with so much new stuff being added all the time, our winner will be spoilt for choice for sure.

Picture 001c copy

So I went for ‘Thank You’ and I thought I’d do something different (and that isn't including managing to get the challenge right !!)

No, I went for CAS.

I know I usually err on the CAS side but this is quite plain even for old plain Jane here …. but I rather like it!!

There was no colouring involved – just a bit of paper piecing and I thought that if you had lots of thank you cards to do, hopefully cos you’ve had lots of prezzies to say thank you for (and I hope that the fat lad in the red suit is listening here!!), then this would be ideal.

Picture 002c copy

Picture 003c copy

Stuff I used, and all from Simon Says Stamp :)

  *Clear Hero Arts Stamps BIRDS AND BRANCHES cl337 ClearDesign            *My Mind's Eye 6 x 6 LIFE OF THE PARTY Paper Pad LT1113         *Fiskars SCALLOP SENTIMENT Border Punch 02860

Ok that’s me done today – a bit of a quickie cos I am prepping for the all day workshop we have at the weekend. Lots to do and not lots of time to do it in as per usual!! Enjoy your night and see you soon if not sooner.

Huggiest of hugs to all xxx

12 comments:

Riet said...

What a gorgeous card Dawny.

Hugs Riet.xx

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Dawny :-) I love the stamp set you used ,,, very cute stamps in there, love the papers and paper piecing too !! :-)

It has turned cold here today ,, raining and miserable ,,heating is on now ,,,, :-)

luv
Lols x x x

Mau xx said...

Superb!! I Love it. xx and hopefully "The big man in the red suit" will earn a Big thank you this year, hope you have wrote your list out xx

Ribbon Girl said...

very nice Dawny and I hope you do get lots of presents to thank people for! Mary G x

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

Beautiful card, Dawny! I really love the paper pack you used, and the touches of sparkle are perfect :)

I'm thankful to have you, an amazing artist, on our DT! :)

*mwah*
Steph
Simon Says Stamp!

June Nelson said...

Love this and really unusual stamps. I love the way you have balanced the little gems its gorgeous xxx

Joy said...

Loving the CAS feel to your card Dawny, super pretty... Hugs

Linda Simpson said...

Beautiful card Dawny! I love the stamp and the papers are gorgeous too.

Hugs
Linda xxx

Jane said...

Beeeeutiful!!! x

Unknown said...

Beautiful card! The simplicity makes it elegant. I love the colours and the layout!
Sarah

Dotty Jo said...

This is gorgeous Dawny. Well done you in spotting the beautiful potential of that simple stamp, Jo x

Chris said...

Hi Dawny and my goodness what a beautiful card, you do the CAS to a T! I agree, it's the perfect card to mass produce after the red suited fella has been..........I'll be sure to leave him a bit of cheese and some Garners :D. Have a good week. Big hugs, Chris xxx