Wednesday 9 November 2011

I Do Like This :)

Picture 006c copy

Hi peeps and hope you are all having a fab day.

It’s the middle of the week and time for a swim across the pond to see what’s been a- happening in the jolly old US of A with the
Simon Says Stamp Challenge girls.

This week we have the most gorgeous piccie for inspiration ….

… I LOVE poppies.
I love them for their colour – I am always drawn to red -  and also for what they have come to symbolise.

And we also have a whopper of a prize – this fab voucher …

…. which  our winner can spend ….

….. right here.

So what did I do?

Picture 001c copy

I used the colours from the pic for inspiration and made another Chrimbly card and I am really quite pleased with how it turned out.

I’ll do the same as I did yesterday and do the shopping list at the end.

Picture 005c copy

More rolled flowers – I seem to be addicted to making them lol!!! 
I found the moss green card that I cut the leaves out of in the depths of the craft stash and it has a pearly finish to it. I don’t know where it came from but I quite like it!!

Picture 002c copy

Picture 003c copy

Not sure if you can see it cos I used it sparingly but I distressed the edges with Lord Timmie’s Distress Ink (not like me I know but I thought it looked better with a bit of Tattered Rose!!!)

All the stuff I used here is from the Simon Says Stamp Store -

*Copic 12 CIAO MARKERS & Storage BASIC Colors Marker

Copics used were -

E000,E00, E11, E21, R11, R20 (skin), E40, E41, E42, E43, E50 (hair), E41, E42, E43, E50, G99,  R05, R17, R27. R59, Y21, Y28, YG0000, YG01, YG03 (the rest)

*Magnolia JINGLE TILDA Rubber Stamp Sweet Christmas Dreams 2011       *My Mind's Eye 6 x 6 HAZEL Paper Pad SR215     *Tim Holtz Distress Ink PAD TATTERED ROSE Pink Ranger

 *Magnolia DOILY FLOWERS Doohickeys Cutting Dies       *Magnolia LEAF & SWIRL Doohickeys Cutting Dies          *Magnolia TILDA LACE Doohickeys Cutting Dies

*S5-050 Spellbinders ROSE CREATIONS Donna Salazar        *Ranger STICKLES DIAMOND White Clear Glitter Glue             *Hero Arts 48 Count 3mm SMALL ACCENT PEARLS ch136 

So that’s me done for today sweet peeps and I’ll see you tomorrow with some more cardage.
Have the best day and huggiest of hugs to all xxx

17 comments:

Thea said...

Wow! This is fabulous.

Hugs Thea

Kirsty said...

Hi she just pops in these gorgeous Christmas colours. Love that bow/ribbon !!! Flowers and leaves are gorgeous too. Like the sentiment at the bottom ! Kitty :D

Denise said...

Gorgeous card Dawn - love the DPs you have sued.
Oh and congrats on being a Grandmother again!!
Hugs
Denise xx

Sarah said...

Gorgeous card Dawny!! love the colour scheme and the papers are fab!
Sarah xx :0)

Berry said...

Love this Dawny the rolled flowers look fab! hugs rebekah xx

America said...

WOW! Sooo many wonderful elements and perfect detailing! Love the colors and image and flowers...all of it! :)

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Dawny :-) I love this Tilda and the papers and embellies are fab :-)

luv
Lols x x x

Helen said...

What a gorgeous X-mas card!

Joy said...

This is one amazing card Dawny, I just adore your beautiful colouring..hugs

June Nelson said...

This is beautiful and I love the rolled flowers too must get a die!!! xxx

debby4000 said...

Adorable, gorgeous card Dawny.
luv
Debby

Jo said...

Hi Dawny, lovely cards as always. I recognise those colours, hope you are keeping busy and you will be pleased to know that I have finished my cards from the retreat!! Hugs Jo x

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

Oh my!! I love the how festive Tilda is in her holiday colors and the touch of sparkle in the rolled rose is beautiful!

*mwah*
Steph
Simon Says Stamp!

Wishcraft said...

Lovely card :o) Such gorgeous papers and love your layout. Lisa x

Mynn xx said...

Very lovely--that flower is fantastic! :)

Unknown said...

Stunning card! I love your layout and all the elements. Beautiful colouring!

mylittlecardstudio.blogspot.com said...

Really beautiful! A work of art. i love it.:)