Friday 27 November 2009

A Little Christmas Magic :)x

I can't believe how quickly this week has gone. It only seems like a day or so ago when I did the Masking Ma-Tilda post.

I wonder if Leann is still singing it? :)))x

I have to say a HUGE THANK YOU to everyone who e-mailed and left comments re my blank page thing yesterday - all very helpful and I am looking to get it sorted - I so appreciate your help lovely peeps xxxx

So it is Friday, the weekend is very nearly here and its time for another awesomely fab challenge over at Just Magnolia. This week it is a beautiful sketch by the loveliness that is Martine .....


And it's this one here. The DT girlies have as always produced some absolute stunners which are sure to inspire you so nip over if you get a sec and check it all out.


So this is my take on the sketch.

I was obviously still in 'masking' mode and these are 2 of the stamps I got from the NEC. But at least Tilda won't get her feet burned sitting on that gorgeous envelope (unlike the fireplace!!)


As always, I coloured her with the old PMs and Glamour Dust combi, and don't forget that you can get your very own bad boys from Tracy at Dies To Die For (as well as some Magnolia-tastic goodies)

The white centre panel has been Cuttlebugged with a Swiss Dots folder, and the brads are Basic Grey which I got from Simon Says Stamp.

The teeny sentiment is from the Pink Petticoat Tiny Tags Collection (have you seen the new Frilly Millies - gorgeous!!) and the ribbon is from a local floristry warehouse


The poinsettia is from Poppicrafts.


Oh yes, the doily punch is back (thank you Martha Stewart!!) and the papers are Funky Fairy's gingham and Liz's PP Stripes.


And that's the old card done!!!.

We are in prezzie wrapping mode today in an attempt to try and get a bit organised ready for Santa's visit!!! It won't work of course and on 24th at 11.30pm no doubt we will still be at it, but it's a start.

I so envy those peeps who serenely glide towards Christmas, with their prezzies bought and wrapped by October, the food all ordered everything sorted in loads of time. Me, I fly by the seat of me pants and I don't glide, I don't even jog towards it.

No, I run at full pelt shouting 'wait for me'!!

It's part of my scatty-ness I suppose and we always get through it without too many disasters (drunk drivers and thieving toe rags not withstanding - full story is here).

So Emma is on holiday today and Kyla's giftage is all out - as is Kyla, which his why we are doing it - as is the paper and then once it's done, it can all go away ready for the fat lad with the beard (no, not Richard, he doesn't have a beard chicksies, and don't feel sorry for him cos you should hear what he says about me lol xxx).

So on that note, I'm off to get some work done and then I can get stuck in and get wrapping.

Have a fab day peeps and see you soon if not sooner.

Huggiest of hugs xxxx


19 comments:

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Dawny :-) everything is fabby as always :-) I do love reading your blog :-) ,,, you do make me laugh ! :-)
I also went and read what happened last Christmas ,, not funny !! :-( OMG ,,, ! To have 2 awful things like that happen in the space of a couple of hours !! Lets hope this year is more enjoyable :-)

Luv
Lols x x x

debby4000 said...

Oh what a stunning Tilda and what a gorgeous card too.
luv
Debby

cats whiskers said...

What a wonderful card love everything about it, oh wow you seem very organised to me dear I have not even thought of buying any presents yet, must get my bum in gear
Hugs Jacqui x

cats whiskers said...

What a wonderful card love everything about it, oh wow you seem very organised to me dear I have not even thought of buying any presents yet, must get my bum in gear
Hugs Jacqui x

Sue said...

Hi Dawn
as always a gorgeous card hun, coloured perfect as always, sue.x

Sue said...

ops ment to say i remember reading your post last year, hope this one is trouble free hun, sue.x

Marcea said...

omg you lost me somewhere in the middle but are such good entertainment value i just allow you to ramble haha. Gorjus card babe (arent they always tho) and just the funniest stories :o)
happy wrapping - you are way too organised - i havent even bought 1 pressie yet ... well it is still november after all!!!!!!!!!!
xxx

Jane said...

This is adorable Dawny! Gorgeous colours and I love that envelope she's sat on! hugs, Jane xx

Marina said...

This is just beautiful!
I love the colours and papers and your colouring are gorgeous.

Hugs,
Marina

~Denise Lynn~ said...

Beautiful card Dawny! Love that stunning hand made flower too! Beautiful job with the sketch and your coloring is perfect! :)

Sheila said...

Gorgoeus card Dawny, I'm so thrilled to be on the JM team with you and really look forward to working alongside you.
Hugs
Sheila xx

Sandie said...

Stunning card Dawny! I saw it on the Just Magnolia blog and had to come comment on it. Beautiful colouring and the papers are fabby.

Your christmas antics sound just about right.. only I sometimes end up getting gift vouchers for people because I've run out of time *blush*

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Dawny,i love the image and colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.x

Lori aka Lo Lo said...

This card is beautiful! I luv the colouring. The layout is perfect. Luv your fab blog!

xoxo,
Lori

Kat said...

Fabulous card as usual Dawny. Love your colouring. I really envy you being able to wrap LOL! I don't have anything to wrap yet and not nearly enough cards. All I have done is renew my son's car magazine subscription - my best present - he loves it so that makes me very popular.

Kat x

Sharon said...

This is gorgeous Dawny - your flower is fabulous. Looking forward to working with you on the Wild Rose Studio DT.

cheryl said...

stunning card hun its just totally gorjus xxxxx

Donalda said...

Oh hon this is just adorable!!! I always love reading your posts dear you always make me have a good laugh lol
I so remember your ordeal last year after going back and reading it again. I hope things will be better this dear hon
Hugs

Sheila said...

Hi Dawny. I adore this Tilda - her little toes in her socks are so cute - and you've done a wonderful job of coloring her. The colors you've chosen are perfect as are the papers. A beautiful card!
You make me laugh - your description of yourself with Christmas preparations sounds exactly like me. :D
God Bless!