Sunday 29 November 2009

Sketchy Anya & Poorly 'Puter!!!

Oohh I've flippin struggled getting this post done this morning. My computer is seriously unwell and I am going to have to get the IT doc in first thing tomorrow.

But more of that in a sec.

As it's the last Sunday of the month, that means that it's time for another sketch over at Anyone For Anya. I used Dahlia - she is one of my faves - and this card is for a very special friend but I can't say who cos she will probably read this.

I coloured lil Dahlia with my PMs and gave her a bit of Glamour Dust sparkle :)

So this is the sketch - nice and simple, a bit like me lol xxx

And this is my take on it.

For a change, I raided my 12 x 12 box and the only thing I can tell you about this paper is that it had Craft Creations on it. So I am guessing that is where it came from originally but I think I got it from the sale I did ages ago!!!



And ohhh what joy!! Mr Postie brought me a parcel from a certain very special lady in the jolly old US of A and she has sent me 3 rolls of my fave ribbon!!

Woohoooo, no more nicking bits of other cards cos I have loads to play with again.

I won't name her but she knows who she is and she knows how chuffed I was with her gift.

Thank you my dear and wonderful friend- you are so kind xxxxx

The gorgeous centre of the ribbon (which sadly I haven't manged to capture properly) is a Prima Say It In Studs Crystal Centre which you can get from Tracy at Dies To Die For. It is so pretty and the sticky back is really good and tacky so it sits nicely. I am liking a LOT :)x

The pretty pink Bazzill card which you can just about see here is also from Tracy.

I don't know what I'd do without her xxxx

So that is my card and it is nothing short of a miracle that it has appeared.

I told you about this blank page problem last week? Well our IT guys had a look and there is a problem on the PC which they think it has caused. I asked them about using Chrome or Firefox and they are unable to recommend that for me for reasons I won't bore you wiht and as it is a company computer, I can't really argue. So I am for the moment stuck with IE and all it's foibles!!!!

It also seemed that my McAfee was not running like it should be so we got that going again and this was about 4pm on Friday afternoon - just as the IT boys were going home. Well it became obvious very soon after that that something is very wrong. I now cannot access my pictures folder properly, Photoshop is taking ages to open and sometimes it just crashes for no apparent reason, and the internet is, well, hit and miss to say the least.

So it has all been a bit stressful to say the least. I was seriously in danger of chucking it all through the window this morning but as I don't want to collect my P45 any time soon, I thought better of it!!!!

So this is a quick dart in and out today cos I don't want to push my luck. Hopefully it will all get sorted tomorrow and I will be back to normal (well as normal as I ever will be lol xxx).

Have the fabbiest of fab Sundays lovely peeps and see you soon.

Hugs to all xxx

15 comments:

Donalda said...

Oh hon your card is just gorgeous. Sorry to hear about your putter, I know how stressful that is. Hugs

Francesca said...

Fantastic card , hope your computer starts to behave

Hugs
Francesca

cheryl said...

oh swetie this is truly utterly breathtaking just love it xxxxxxxx

Marianne's Craftroom said...

I love Dahlia too and this is so lovely. Hope you get you PC fixed soon. Marianne x

Kath Stewart said...

gorgeous card dawny...such an adorable image and love that argyle paper...sorry to hear about your 'puter.it is such a pain in the neck when things don't work....drives me nuts....big hugs kath xxxx

Sue said...

aww gorgeous card Dawny fabby colours, hope ya puter better soon, sue,x

Suzanne said...

Absolutely gorgeous - hop ethe pc starts to behave soon
Hugs
Suzanne x

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Dawny,i love the image and colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.x

Pam said...

Your card is lovely hon. I so can emphasize with the computer probs, my laptop is 6 years old and the power cable doesn't always register so some days I'm lucky to get 10 mins on it and this morning it was so slow and threatened to throw it thro the window. We are just lucky my daughter talked us into buying her "this" laptop for "her" personal use; she's in bed now! Hugs Pam x

Sheila said...

A fantastic card, Dawny. I love the image and your beautiful coloring. The pink and black together are awsome. I'm sure your friend is just going to love it.
Hope you can get your computer straightened out soon - not only for your own sake and sanity :) but also because I'd really miss not having your blog to visit. :)
God Bless!

Marion said...

Stunning card, I love the colours you used and that image is so sweet and a great sketch. Hope your computer gets sorted soon.
Marion

debby4000 said...

Oh she is fab, wonderful colours.
Hope the Putter gets sorted.
luv
Debby

Anonymous said...

Aww Dawny well all the stress hasn't affected your cardmaking! It's beautiful as usual. Hope the IT docs sort out your computer soon, so you can get back to normal! Dulcie x

PS Hopefully Typepad will sort these silly numbers soon!

Anne said...

ohhhhhhhhhhh love this Danw, it's gorgeous.
Sorry to hear about your puter probs, I was the same for almost two weeks so can sympathise with you
hugs
Anne x

craftymum said...

Another Dawny delight
Love sarah XXX