Sunday 22 November 2009

Faux Anya + My First Tiara :)

Hi peeps and I hope you are all having a fab Sunday.

Over at Anyone For Anya, we want you to Make A Fake for our challenge and the DT have some awesome cards to share. If you get a sec, nip over and have a mooch.

So I used Miss Rainy Anya - how fitting considering this rotten weather we are having and if anyone is reading this from Cockermouth or indeed Cumbria, I do hope that all is well and you are not one of the poor souls flooded out xxx

I coloured Mss A with the usual suspects and I've also given her lurex socks and glittery eye shadow which you might just be able to see.

My cheaty fake bits were the ribbon, lace (MSBP - 2 of) and the stitching.

The gingham paper is Funky Fairy and the image was from Dies To Die For. You can also get your Pro Markers plus a whole heap of other goodies from Tracy AND there is a special TGF stamps offer which you can see here, as well as a mega winter sale :)))x.


The blinged up blooms were all from Simon Says Stamp and the buttons were from my stash.

I coloured some stretch twine with a black PM and curled it round a cocktail stick again like I did on my Just Magnolia card in the last post.

You can see both the border punches here - bless Martha Stewart lol xxx

Add a bit of dimension and there you go!!!

So I went and made me a tiara yesterday, but poor Nik was unwell so she couldn't go. I really enjoyed the class and as promised, I took a pic. .....


.... what do ya think?

It might have look a bit better had I not have sat it over the join of the 2 sheets of white card I use for me pics - dope!!!! But it hasn't come out too bad for a first attempt and this is the very first tiara I've ever had in my entire life (ahh, sad isn't it - such a classy girl!!).

We could pick our own colours and I went for black and clear crystal and some pearls - all Svarowski and very very gorgeous. But I can see why these things cost because there is so much work in them. My poor hands and fingers are sore this morning from all the wire twisting and wrapping.

Now all I have to do is go somewhere where I can wear it!!
Sadly, I have a feeling that it will be in my wardrobe for quite a while before that happens unless I wear it with me pinnie while I'm cooking the Chrizzie dinner :)xx

And you know, I just might do that after a sherry or 3 lol xxx

Kyla fell in love with it!!
She is going to see the Disney Princess Ice Show with one of her little pals so she asked me if I can make them one each so they could be princesses (bless!!) Of course, I said yes (but not with crystals and me best pearls I won't!!).

On that note, I'm off to organise Sunday lunch.
Have a fab day and see you soon chickadees xxx


13 comments:

Emma (metalicbutterfly) said...

Hi Dawny


Anya looks anything but Faux ha ha she looks fab I love her checked skirt .....

but your tiara has stolen the show hun its stunning and If we ever set the date for uor wedding ( been together 9 years so dont see it happening anytime soon hun) I will be defintely be putting my order in for one!!!!!


Have a great wekend

Emma xxx

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Fab card. love those twirls. That tiara is lovely but I wanted to see a pic of you wearing it please. Marianne x

Dawn said...

Wowee this is just stunning, love the colours, papers everything!!

...And the Tiara - well what can I say - it's amazing.. you're really getting into this jewellery thing Dawny - Looks great !

hugs
Dawn
xx

Sue said...

Hi Dawn
gorgeous card hun, fabby colours coloured perfect as always, luv the flowers, striking card, sue,.x

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Dawny :-) I LOVE those lurex socks ,,, I want a pair of them lol :-)
Lovely tiara too ! :-) aww , you have to take a piccy of the 3 princesses wearing their tiara's,,, soo cute :-) You need to book a gala dinner or night at the opera to wear yours lol :-)

Luv
Lols x x x

cheryl said...

oh dawn this is brilliant amazing detail hugs cheryl xx

Kit said...

Gorgeous card Dawn, I can't wait to get my entry up on the Anyone For Anya? blog for this weeks challenge.

Your tiara is fabulouus...makes me want to try jewellery making, although my husband might go a bit crazy if I start another hobby (I have quite a few though)

Kit x

Sheila said...

A lovely card, Dawny. The papers, colors, and coloring are just great. I love the flowers with the button centers and the curled twine.
God Bless!

Sheila said...

Hey Dawny, your tiara is beautiful.
You've done yourself proud.

Uniquely Ella said...

Beautiful cards, love the tiata.

Zoe said...

Absolutely flippin gorgeous - both card and tiara!! You are such a clever lil thing!!!! I am sooo sorry that it has taken me this long to come around and say hello!!! I know we all say it but i really have been super busy - honest!!! lol
That and i am only just overcoming the shame of not recognizing you at the show - hooooooow embarrassing!! Eeeeek!! lol
Twas lovely to meet you my darlin even for a brief time :)
Take care and you get making those tiaras for your goooorgeous lil princess and her friends!!
Zoe x x x x

Bubbles said...

Wonderful card, love the sparkly socks!!
Your tiara is absolutely fantastic and don't see why you couldn't wear it whilst cooking your christmas lunch lol!!!
My eldest went to see Disney Princess on Ice a few weeks ago with a friend from school, she absolutely loved it! My friend said that she was totally lost in the magic of it all. Warning, the programmes are a bit pricey at £10 and £1 for the bag, but they are lovely keepsakes!
Joanne x

Lori aka Lo Lo said...

Beautiful card and amazing tiara!

xoxo,
Lori