Tuesday 24 November 2009

Christmas Crackers :)


That's our theme over at Papertake Weekly.

I decided to use these little snowmen which I found during my move around. I had completely forgotten that I had them but I thought they went so well with the MME Colourful Christmas paper which I am sooo loving at the mo. The papers are all available from Tracey over at Dies To Die For .

But I am afraid to say that I had the snowmen for so long that I couldn't tell you if my life depended on it where they came from originally but I think you can still get them. They are Build A Jo by Imaginisce if it's any help xxx

So this is my card.
I'm afraid that due to my aweosme photography (not!!), you can't really see the full effect here.

I did a frame card which was a former PTW challenge a good while back, and I really liked it. The very lovely Claudia did a tutorial and you can see how to make them here - they are ever so easy :)

I stuck the snowmen onto acetate and then used silicone glue (that stuff has the most foul smell!!) to attach them to the card. What you can't really see is that they are both on sort of an angle and their arms are sticking out of the frame.

We've done the button / twine / cocktail stick thing again (yawn yawn!!).

I also used a Fiskars Threading Water punch to create a little frame to go around the aperture. I thought it balanced out the white of the base card quite nicely.


No arty farty angle shot today - I'm having a day off!!!

So that's me card done and if you get a sec, nip over and check out what the rest of the girlies have done with the challenge - loads of Papertake fabulousness for sure.

Have a fab day and I'll see ya very soon xxx

16 comments:

Lorraine A said...

This card really made me smile :-) soo cute ! I love these snowmen and the bright funky papers :-)

I will check out the tutorial too ,, thanks for the link x

Luv
Lols x x x

Uniquely Ella said...

These are toooooo cute. I just love what you did with the button!

mckinkle said...

Well the fabulousness sure did start with your card Dawny! It's just so cute, colourful and cheery!

Thanks for sharing all of your inspirational - ness!

Keryn :D

Sharon Caudle said...

Oh my gosh, I don't think it gets any cuter than this!! I am now off to make one of these fabulous cards as I am going to totally case yours! LOL! (with credit of course). Adorable!!!hugs!

Saskia said...

Lovely, cute card!!!

Saskia :)

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Dawny,i love the images and colours.

Hugs Riet.x

Beth said...

Oh this is such a fun card, I love it! Gorgeous papers and the snowmen are so cute!

Love Beth xx

Debi said...

love every single little detail of this one Dawny!

Kelly Schelske said...

Oh man, you make me smile! I've only recently found your blog, but I love it!!

Super cute card, love those papers!

Bella´s Bastelecke said...

wow....very nice card......

i send you the e-mail...but it´s come back....

thank you for my win....i´m very happy........

here ist my e-mail:
bella24@versanet.de

Hugs
Bella

debby4000 said...

Oh this is fabulous, love the snowmen.
Your nose must be very sensitive, I use silicone all the time didn't realise it smells, off to have a sniff.
luv
Debby

gobeagirl said...

Hellow there Miss Dawny P...This card is adorable..I love how they stick out of the card..You can soo see it..What kind of twine is that, and how does one get it? I love how you make little ringlets out of it...Great Card..Have a wonderful day.Lisa g

Mary J said...

Suepr, super, super!

Stacey said...

Hello gorgeous! Loving this creation, those little snowies are so cute! How on earth did you get that twine to go all twiddely?! ~x~

Sheila said...

Such a cute card, Dawny! I love the dimension that the frame gives and the snow boy and girl are darling - as always the button with the twine is one of my favorites.
God Bless!

Susie said...

A really colourful, cheery card! And unusual too. Love the frame design - may have to have a go at that! Thanks for your lovely comments on my blog - Susie x