Wednesday 18 November 2009

What A Palaver (Plus A DT Call Out) !!!!!


I was without my internet yesterday and I felt like my arm was missing!!
What a saddo - I should get out more lol xx

So I managed to get the PTW post on but not my own card. I'm a day late but better late then never I suppose, but what a flippin mither it all was - more in as sec!!.

Anyway, over at Papertake we have a sketch for you this week -

This is the one!!

And here's my card. We are sponsored this week by Peggy Loves Vintage, so all the DT girlies have used a vintage image. I thought these two little sweeties were so cute and although I didn't put a bad boy near them, I did 3D the bow on her knickers and the bottle in his pocket.

Ohh, and I did sprinkle a bit of Glamour Dust on her knicker lace as well!!!

The paper I used was one of the Magnolia papers which you can get from Dies To Die For. I thought it went so well with the stripes on the little boy's shorts, and it has a vintage feel to it as well.

And that's the finished card and art farty angle, which doesn't really show the 3D -ing, but it is there peeps,!!

And I managed to do another card while I was waiting for Mr BT to finish off what he was doing

How sweet is this little pupster!!

He is Sam and he's a Wild Rose Studio boy and he's one of the gorgeous Christmas stamps - I love him.

So I did a quick card which I thought would fit nicley with this week's Cute Card Thursday where they want you to 'glitter them silly'. Well I was only too happy to oblige cos I love anything sparkly.

He was of course coloured with my PMs and his stocking was blinged with plenty of good old Glamour Dust

And here's the card - dreadful editing once again, sorry chicks!!.

Very unusual for me, there is not a scrap of design paper here, but there is some beautiful textured card which you can get from Tracy at Dies To Die For.

I wanted to keep the background fairly simple in order to show off that snowflake ribbon. Ohh it is gorgeous - this pic does not do it justice. It's a Martha Stewart ribbon and once again, you can get these over at Dies To Die For.

I did mention in the post title that there was a DT call out, and so there is.

If you love Sam and his little pals over at Wild Rose Studio, and you fancy joining us on the DT, then lovely Dulcie wants to hear from you.

You can read all about it here.

These stamps are fab peeps, you get such a clean crisp image and they are a joy to work with.

The other bit of the post title is the palaver bit.
Well I tell you peeps, I was up the wall. So much so that I only went and posted Lorraine's PTW GDT card from last week on this week's post!! I think it all must have sent my head west!!!

Dozey flippin mare or what!!!

But it was all a bit stressful moving the office upstairs and the craft room downstairs. The office is now finished, but I had to re-paint it last night cos the walls were, quite frankly, minging!!! And then we had to lay some new carpet (thank you Richard xxx) cos the radiator had leaked all over the old one. Then this morning at stupid o'clock we dragged all the equipment up the stairs, and plugged it all in.

Now, my boss is on holiday and he always sorts out the IT bit for me cos I am truly hopeless!!! But he can't very well do it if he's 2 thousand miles away!!

So dopey Dawny , the world worse IT bod on the planet, had to do it herself!! And you know what - I did, and it worked. It is indeed nothing short of a miracle, but there was not one single glitch. I even managed to get reconnected to the virtual server at work.

I am still in a state of shock but not as much as my boss will be when he gets back and I tell him that I sorted it all.

So that just leaves the craft room and that bit is a little more involved ie 10 years worth of stash to re-organise. So I better get on and get it done!!

I may be some time peeps.

Have a fab day and speak soon if I ever get out of the mess alive!!!

15 comments:

gobeagirl said...

Hi Dawny, I am glad you got your computer back up...I so love both your cards. Talk about cute..I do the them both! Have a great day, Your coloring is so spot on. Love it! Lisa g :D

Anonymous said...

Hey Dawny!! Aww your cards are beautiful as always :-) Lovely to see your work with Sam there. Glad that the move has been successful even if a bit stressful?! I'm sure it will all be worth it in the end..now organising craft stash, that's definitely NOT my forte!! Dulcie xx

Sharon Caudle said...

WOW! Way to go, chickie! They're going to put you in the IT dept if you keep that up! LOVE your cards!! Those two little ones are so adorable and the paper you used could not have been more perfect! Awesome job my friend! Thank you! And that pup is just beyond cute! Hope you're having a wonderful day! hugs!

Beth said...

Oh these are so cute! I love his little bottle in his pocket - bless!

Love Beth xx

Margreet said...

you made 2 stunning cards
xxx Margreet

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous cards Dawny :-) I love the cute babies and the little bow and glitter knickers look fab ,, Amy has a pair very similar only alot smaller !!!!! lol :-)
Oh sam is just sooo cute ! I need to go and check out that one !! :-)

well done on all the computer stuff,, I would have been in a right mess ,,,!! hope you get your craft room sorted soon :-) x x

Luv
Lols x x x

Anne said...

Two great cards Dawny, love tghe vintage one, the image is adorable and yes your paper matches perfectly.
Sounds like your in for a busy time of it lol Good luck
Anne x

Saskia said...

Lovely, lovely work!!

Saskia :)

Sheila said...

Both cards are fantastic, Dawny! Love the colors and details on them both. Sounds like you've come to the end of some hectic days, glad they ended up not being too bad. Maybe re-organizing your stash won't be so bad - if it's anything like mine you might end up pleasantly surprised by some of the great things you discover.
God Bless!

Michelle Short said...

Apologies for my lack of commenting recently but both of these are fab Dawny, I love that snowflake ribbon especially! I hope you are well x

Kath Stewart said...

your cards are just so adorable and I love the image of the sweet tots...and blimey...is palaver your middle name....only joking...well done you on sorting out the computer stuff....good luck with the crafty stuff.....big hugs kath xxxx

Kathy said...

Oh Dawny I just adore that first card!! WHat a sweet image and love the vintagey feel to it!!
The second one is adorable as well! Love the colors that you have used!
:)Kathy

debby4000 said...

Oh what gorgeous cards, my fave is the vintage one.
Hope you don't get lost under all that craft stash.
luv
Debby

trixi b said...

Fab card Dawny and thanks for letting us know about the DT call out.
Re-organising 10 yrs worth of craft stash? Jeez..may take another 10yrs to sort! lol
x

Jacee said...

Fabulous cards Dawny, those babes are so cute, bless.
Are'nt you the clever one sorting out the computer, another talent to add to your list, know where to come now when mine konks!! LOL