Thursday 15 November 2012

Simon Says …. You’re Late You Naughty Piggy!!!!!

(they didn’t really lol but it’s  true so gazillions of apols xxx!!)

So hi there lovely peeps and hope you are all OK today.

It’s that time of the week when we head across the water and catch up with our friends over at the Simon Says Stamp Challenge and this week and as it’s very nearly Thanksgiving in the jolly old US of A, our theme this week is

Thanksgiving / Thank You

so it’s self explan really, and for those of us who don't celebrate we can make a Thank You card / creation instead.

As always, our lovely Heidi is giving away a fabulous …

… for one lucky winner to spend …

…right here (lucky girlie!!)

So ….

Picture 001 copy

… this is what I did.

I just realised that I used the same colour theme for last week. I must be in an apricot sort of mood!!!

The papers are gorge Basic Grey WHAT'S UP 6 x 6 Cardstock and I just die cut a heart shape using the largest Spellbinders Nestabilities CLASSIC HEART 6 Die and layered it up using dimensionals.

I had a bit of a mishap (surely not I hear you cry!!) because this was the second attempt.

I have sort of started inking up the edges of practically everything (I blame Debi at Crab Apple Crafts!). So I am merrily inking away when the paper slipped and I ended up with a nice big brown streak across the paper.  Well this is not at all attractive as you can imagine,  so I had to start again – doh!!!

Picture 004 copy

I topped one of the fab Prima Craftable blooms with some Hero Arts 24 Flowers SUNSHINE PRINT CH206 Orange blooms. Then I had a little die cutting sesh with the Memory Box Delicate Fern die and of course the leaf bit from the Magnolia leaf and swirl die set.

 Picture 005 copy

Now where would we be without SAFMAT Self-Adhesive Printing Film???

I really do love this stuff and use it all the time. If you’ve never used it, go and and have a go – you will be hooked!!! Yopu juts print out whatever you want onto it, cut around the printed bit, remove the backing sheet and put it onto your card.  A quick rub and the film becomes practically invisible.

Awesome!!!

Picture 002 copy

Picture 003 copy 

So that’s the old card done and I’ll be back soon as soon with some more cardage. If you get a sec, nip over and check out the challenge – and if you fancy joining in we would love to see you there :)

Have the fabbiest day and huggiest of hugs to all xxx

5 comments:

debby4000 said...

I forgive you being late especially has your card is absolutely gorgeous.
luv
Debby

Lin said...

Beautiful Dawny! Love your heart card!

Sue said...

This is gorgeous Dawny. I love the design and beautiful colour scheme

hugs Sue

KandA said...

Gorgous card and I love the colours xx

Joy said...

Love this Dawny, love the flower and the big heart on the card, pretty..hugs