Wednesday 7 November 2012

Keeping It Simple :)

Hi lovely peeps and hope you are all OK today.

It’s that time of the week when we head across the water and catch up with our friends over at the Simon Says Stamp Challenge. I bet you are all relived that your election is now over and congratulations to President Obama on his second term in office. I cannot believe it’s been 4 years since the last elections and I just went back through my blog to this post and found this …..

I made this when Obama was inaugurated for my friends in the US of A  and I still think it holds true now. But isn't this world so different now from 4 years ago – or is that just me????  Maybe it’s just nostalgia but it sure feels different now.

Anyway I hope that you all had a great night and that you got the result you wanted xxx

So anyway onto this week our challenge is ….

Thinking of You / Sympathy

As always, our lovely Heidi is giving away a fabulous …

… for one lucky winner to spend …

…right here (lucky girlie!!)

I couldn't face doing a sympathy card right now so I did a TOY card instead ….

Picture 007 copy copy

… and this is what I did.

I kept it simple with lots of white space which I LOVE.

Picture 010 copy

I made the flower using the largest of the Magnolia Doily Flower dies.

I went around the edges with a Copic and then inked over it and added some glitter.

The paper flowers on top are from this pack …….

*Hero Arts 24 Flowers SUNSHINE PRINT CH206 Orange

Hero Arts 24 Flowers SUNSHINE PRINT CH206 Orange.

I got 2 blooms with 5 petals and just overlapped 2 petals on each one  to make blooms with 4 petals and then glued them together.

The green bit in the middle is the smallest bit of this …

ms3in1hydrangea

Martha Stewart 3 IN 1 HYDRANGEA Craft Punch

and of course these are all available over at the Simon Says Stamp store.

Picture 008 copy

It’s so easy and very quick to make as well :)

Picture 009 copy

So that’s me done today and I’m off to do some work.

Before I go, if you want to see something to put a smile on your face, check out these blog posts from my archives. I found them whilst looking for my ‘Born To Be Free’ digi. I think they are both fab and I had a good laugh re-reading them.!!!

Here’s the first

Here’s the second

Snigger snigger at both, bad Grandma  :)))))

Enjoy your the rest of your day and see you soon.

Huggiest of hugs to all xxx

12 comments:

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Dawny,,, simple and stunning !! LOVE it :-)

love the previous posts too, especially the dolly wig :-) LOL ! :-)

luv
Lols x x x

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Dawnny.

Hugs Riet.xx

Sue said...

Awwww thank you for sharing those links to your old post, you certainly made me smile!

Your card is gorgeous, I really love the CAS design and the colours are beautiful

Hugs Sue

Lin said...

Dawny, this is a fantastic card! LOOOOVE that doily flower - someone had a great idea with that one. Thanks, too, for the giggles from your past posts of your Grands.

Unknown said...

wow this is gorgeous...really a very special card..love it hugs sassyxxx

Heather said...

This is beautiful card Dawny, I love your stunning details and colours.

hugs
Heather xx

Sarah J Moerman said...

Beautiful card! I love the pop of cheery color!

debby4000 said...

Gorgeous and soooo beautiful.
luv
Debby

Jo Nevill said...

Love your CAS card Dawny, gorgeous colours.

Hugs

Jo x

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

Sweet card, Dawny! I really love the touch of glitter along the edges and the pop out flower is just lovely!

*mwah*
Steph
Simon Says Stamp!

Planetsusie said...

I really laughed at the old posts Dawny! As for this card, well it is sooooo gorgeous. I always have quite a lot on my cards and would rarely, if ever, think of doing something like this. I think you have inspired me to do a little less is more!!!

Hugs Sue Pxxx

Unknown said...

So sorry to hear your sad news Dawny and that I'm late, but I've been away from pc lately too. Your card is so beautiful it's stunning, I love it.
Ellie Maggie x