Tuesday 6 November 2012

Now Don’t All Faint!!!!!

Picture 012 copy

Hi there sweet peeps, tis the stranger back here xxx

And blimey O’Riley, what a shocker……. I’ve actually made a card!!

It’s been a very rocky few weeks and it seems like aaaaaages since I posted but more of that in a tick!!!

Firstly it’s time to head over and check out what’s happening over with the Papertake Weekly gang and as it’s the first challenge  of the month, we have our usual

Anything Goes

theme with the option to make a Christmas card or gift.

Well as you can see, I didn't do that because I was just dying to share an image from the latest Lili of The Valley release which will be out soon as soon and as always they are super sweet and twice as cute.

We are sponsored this week by the lovely Lisa & Laila over at

Lili Of The Valley

And they have given us a …

… to give to one lucky winner – thank you chicksies xxx

So ….

Picture 006 copy

.. this is what I did. 

The image is called Walkie Time  and I coloured it with Copics in these colours -

E50, E81, W00, W1, W3, W5, W7, RV0000, RV000, RV00, RV02,

All the papers are by Nitwits and I did a bit of a mix and match with the collections ( you can so easily do that with Mary Fran’s stuff) and these papers are from FQB One Birdie Lane and FQB Confection.

You can’t really see it from this pic – dreadful quality, soz peeps but the light has been awful here today - but there’s some glitter dashed about here and there as well.

 Picture 009 copy

A nice lil double bow made from 15mm shocking pink small check gingham ribbon which I topped off with an 8mm  White Flat Back Pearl and some natural button twine, all from Mary & Andrea over at The Ribbon Girl :)

The little tag is also from the new Lili of The Valley release – it’s part of a companion set which has all sorts of goodies on it.

 Picture 010 copy                                  Picture 011 copy

  Check me out with me inked edges here!!! I still couldn't help myself with the glitter though!!

These are 2 of my new Cheery Lynn dies that I got when I was over at the LOTV shop. Seriously peeps if you haven't yet been, you are missing a treat – not only is it full of inspiration, but you can now get paper packs, dies (Cheery Lynn, Memory Box and Spellbinders etc) , flowers, ribbon and all of it just darn tootin’ beee-youtiful!!!

Picture 007 copyPicture 008 copy

So there’s me card all done.

Well it has been a bit of a yucky few weeks here . Some of you will know that my aunty died on 15th October after putting up such a fight – I didn't realise she had such courage I have to be honest. It was a blessing in the end because what she has endured these last 18 months or so was truly awful. I will miss her dreadfully but I would not wish her back to live as she had been.  I found that I didn't want to craft or go near the computer and was quite down but life goes on and you just have to get on with it.

And so I shall!!!

But of course I did miss ya while I was AWOL and of course now that I am back to it I realise that I did miss the old crafting as well. So hopefully I will be back in the swing of things in next to no time.

Hugest apols if anybody has emailed me and not had a reply these last few weeks. I am ploughing through them all and will respond to every one asap and thank you for bearing with me. Thanks also from the bottom of my heart to all my fellow DT mates for covering for me and of course to my DT ‘bosses’ who have allowed me the space I needed - I am truly grateful xxx

Did you all have a good Halloween and Bonfire Night?

I had my card club last night and there were fireworks going off everywhere, as they were on Saturday night. Emma did a Halloween party for Kyla and her friends last Wednesday and they really went to town  decorating the house and making spooky food. There were 12 kids and I lost count of the grown ups and we all had a good time. I made some toffee apples and some cinder toffee which I’d never made before but it is easy peasy and tasted divine!!!

Right I better be off and get some din dins, but I just had to share these before I beggar off!!!

Emma and Tim and the kids had gone to another Halloween party at the weekend and here’s a couple of pics of my two treasures before they left  …..

photo

…. wooohooo Miss Witchy Kyla, and who is that lil cheeky (and very chubby) chops in the corner?

New Image

Awww it’s Thea – what a cute skeleton.

The ‘bones’ glowed in the dark and she seemed quite happy wearing it, bless her. She wasn't at all fazed by all the noise and commotion but she wasn't to happy when anybody was blowing up balloons. She didn't mind them popping for some reason but she was not loving them being blown up!!!

Ohh I must just say congrats to my friend Joyce who has become a Grandma for the first time last Friday :)))))) Joyce you will be so poor now chick –but it is the BEST ever. Plus you can hand them back when they start whinging!!! And of course,  welcome to the world little Niamh – I will be round to see you with lost of cuddles very soon.

Right I’ll say night night and I’ll see you tomorrow.

Enjoy your evening and huggiest of hugs to all xxx

18 comments:

Fiona said...

absolutely gorgeous!!

Fi
x

Pauline C said...

Fabulous to see you back Dawny and hope you will soon be back into the swing of things after the rought ime ou've had - hugs and best wishes. You clearly have got your mojo back though as the cad is fabulous and how cute is that bear?? I'm ashamed to say I still haven't used my baby bear stamps from the previous baby release - they're all so darn cute but no one I know has "dropped" in recent months lol!The tags are adorable too ... I got the original sentiment tag set with my PTW 3rd birthday blog hop prize and they are fabby - used them several times already. Big hugs and hope to see you back to full crafting mode soon
Pauline x

Kim said...

fantastic to have you back Dawny! sorry to hear about your Aunt - can't say anything really, but send a hug. and your little grandies just look adorable - love that skeleton suit! Kim x
PS - and your card is gorgeous! love the details on it

Sharon said...

Ah Dawny. Lovely to see you back. I only checked your blog earlier today to see if you had returned but visited to early. My heart goes out to you. I have had a rough few weeks. My dad has been seriously ill with Pancreatitus and as a result they need lots of help at home and my step daughter unfortunately lost her baby.
I hope you begin to feel stronger emotionally soon. As I say it is lovely to see you return - blog world is not the same without you. I have to say you have returned with a gorgeous card. Love the image and fabulous layout.
Hugs Sharon. x

Sonia said...

How lovely to see you back crafting Dawny :) I was so sorry to hear about your Aunt buts as you say Life goes on no matter how hard it can be at time. Aww look at those little cuties,bless them. I would love to visit the LOTV shop but a little out of the way for me sadly :(
Hugs Sonia xx

Julie said...

Welcome back Dawny, fab card.

Tanya said...

It's great to have you back Dawny, I missed seeing your cards and reading all your banter :)

Sorry to hear about your aunt, I know it was a happy release but just the same that doesn't make it any easier, so best wishes and hopefully with time you'll feel better.

Love from Tags xx

Wendy L said...

Lovely image and card. xxx

Denise said...

Oh Dawn I am so sorry to hear that your Aunty died but as you say, a blessing in the end. Glad you have taken some time to mourn but happy that you are back now - you have been missed.
Love your pretty card and that new image is adorable. Can't wait to see the others.
Take Care
Hugs
Denise xx

Sue said...

Oh Dawny, it really is so lovely to see you back. I have missed your gorgeous creations.
Your card is adorable, I love the cute image (of course!) and the colours and details are wonderful.
Your grandchildren look fabulous in their costumes.
Take care
Hugs Sue

Tracey T said...

So pleased to have you back with us, Dawny - we missed you! I'm sorry to hear about your aunty - she sounds very brave and rather wonderful. Sending a big hug, Tracey x

Berry said...

Welcome back Dawny so good to see you posting again. Your card is lovely, adorable pinks and what cute photos of those grandkiddies! Big hugs to all of you Rebekah xx

XxJULESxX said...

Oh Sorry about your auntie Dawny,hugs!

i do love the card hun it's gorgeous and so cute just like the children!!

susiestacey said...

Lovely to 'see' you back in the land of blog, gorgeous card and gorgeous kiddiwinks too x Susan x

MagsB said...

Welcome back, sweetheart! I have missed your lovely posts. How gorgeous your grandchildren look, and how sweet is the skeleton onesie!

Another fab card - what a marvellous image!

I'm so sorry about your Aunty - the head knows she's past suffering, but the heart still misses her. *hugs*

love, Mags B x

debby4000 said...

Glad to see you've got back onto crafting horse.
Gorgeous cute card but its outshines by the pics of your gorgeous grandkiddies.
luv
Debby

petra,s cards said...

fabulous combination whit your image papers and colours!!! take care!!!
xx petra

Pauline said...

Good to see you back. Sorry you have had such a rubbish time but I have been thinking of you and looked every day for your post. You do become a part of our lives even though you do not know who we are. I'm sure your aunt appreciated all your attention. enjoy your crafting again. Pauline