Wednesday 28 November 2012

Birthday Blues :)

 

Hi there lovely peeps and hope you are all OK today xxx

Yayyy, finally it has stopped raining and there is a nice blue sky instead of the horrible grey mucky one that we’ve had for the last week or so. Rich is still on leaf patrol, bless him, but at least today they aren't quite as soggy and he has managed to clear the front garden For how long though is anybody's guess cos there are still leaves on the tress and they have to go somewhere when they fall off !!!

So it’s that time of the week when we head across the water and catch up with our friends over at the Simon Says Stamp Challenge and this week we have an

Anything  Goes

theme so it’s time to let rip with your creativity thingies!!!

This week we are showcasing Martha Stewart products . If you have them we would love to see them but it's not compulsory to use them if you want to join in :-)

As always, our lovely Heidi is giving away a fabulous …

… for one lucky winner to spend …

…right here (lucky girlie!!)

So ….

Picture 001 copy

… this is what I did.

Again, like me, the layout is fairly simple!!!
There’s no colouring involved so it’s super quick to put together, which we like of course :)

 

    Picture 004 copy 

I've used  a Martha Stewart DECO FAN Shells Punch Around The Page and started out with a 6x6 blue card base. I punched along the bottom edge and then put a piece of 6x6 white card inside and glued it down. Then I cut another of piece of 6x6 card and trimmed about 1/2” off of the bottom edge, punched that and stuck it down on top of the card. Finally I punched a strip of blue card, trimmed it to 6” long, wrapped some ribbon round it and stuck that down onto the front of the card.

Picture 005 copy

The bloom was made using a set of Magnolia Doily Flower dies  and a Martha Stewart BRANCH Craft Punch.
Then I made a rolled rose to sit in the centre and added a bit of glitter and a gem.

 

Picture 006 copy

The frame was made using a Memory Box TIFFANY FRAME Craft DIE  - isn’t it pretty - and I printed the sentiment onto SAFMAT Self-Adhesive Printing Film and put it in the centre of the frame.

Picture 002 copy

 

 Picture 003 copy

And that’s it.

Well girls, we live to drool another day cos the delish that is Dishy Dave is still in – I have a sneaky feeling that he will win it!! I was a bit sad to see old Rosie go because she is a loud, bossy, jolly hockey sticks sort of gal I know but I quite like her. She tells it how it is and she comes across as basically a good person as well. She wasn't so lady like when she was doing the bottom burp thing with Limahl thought was she!! I laughed so much that I nearly peed my draws!!

Not sure who will go tonight – maybe Hugo or Eric? We’ll see.

Right I have to go because I have to don my Santa hat and reply to the letters that Kyla sent to him on behalf  of her and Thea. Kyla is still a bit scared of him because she is frightened of anybody who is dressed up if she doesn't know them. Last year Em had trouble getting her to sleep because she was so afraid he was coming into the house. Poor little sausage :(  I’m not sure where she thought he would leave her toys!!!! She isn't so scared that she won't do a list as long as your arm for him with what she wants on it though!! 

I am hoping that Thea isn't scared so that I can get to take her to Lapland  – purely for selfish reasons of course lol!! . I’ve waited all my life to do this and sod’s law that I end up with a Kyla kid that hates his guts!! Well she doesn’t hate him but she won’t go near him!! So Thea is my last chance really, heeheeeee!!!

Right I best dash because I have shed loads to do today. I’ll be back tomoz with a card that is very VERY different so I’ll say tarra and see you then.

Enjoy your day and huggiest of hugs to all xxx

11 comments:

Unknown said...

wow stunning card ..gorgeous blues...and had a bit of a chuckle reding about your wee on ethats hates santa lol!!!!!! so funny thanks for a lovely read..hugs sasyxxx

Jingle said...

Very pretty! I really like the punched border!

Sue said...

This is gorgeous Dawny. I love the design and the colours are so beautiful.
I think Dishy Dave may win too!!

Hugs Sue

KandA said...

Beautiful card Dawn. So clean looking and fabulous blue and white colour combo xx

Lisa Carroll said...

Just lovely, Dawny! Gorgeous use of the border punch... love that layered look! :)

Lin said...

LOVE this pretty blue - why is it so difficult to find? The layers of edging are so pretty!

Melissa Bove said...

Wow! Dawny this is gorgeous!! I love that border punch and that flower is amazing!!

hugs...

Lorraine said...

Gorgeous card Dawny, so classy and I love the blues.
Enjoy the jungle tonight, I think you could be right about Dave!
Lorraine x

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Dawny :-) all the punched details are FAB and I love the fresh clean colours :-)

luv
Lols x x x

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

Gorgeous Birthday card, Dawny! I really love the way you layered the border punch at the bottom!

*mwah*
Steph
Simon Says Stamp!

Riet said...

What a beautiful card.

Hugs Riet.xx