Monday 11 May 2009

What A Week!!!

But first, how cute are these lil fellas!!
This is my card for this week's Papertake Weekly which is Animal Antics . So I thought I would use Louis and his friend cos they are so sweet. These are the Wild Rose Studio bears and this is also one of the cards that I did for Port Sunlight on Saturday - more of that in a sec!!!


I used the old PMs and Glamour Dust combi, and I have to say that if you use Cool Aqua and then go over with the Glamour Dust, it really does look like rain drops. You cannot tell properly from the pic here but IRL it really does look like the rain is bouncing off the umbrella. I paper- pieced the umbrella with paper from the Wild Rose Spring CD papers - those papers are just fabulous.

The beautiful ribbon was in the parcel which came from the US (thank you to my lovely friend again for getting it for me xxxx) and the button is from the ever wonderful Poppicrafts - check out the website cos there are lots of ribbons at fantastic prices.

Can you just about see the MSBP here? Tracy over at Dies To Die For is hoping to have some in really soon so keep an eye out peeps. Honestly, this punch is a beaut!!!

Talking of Dies To Die For, there is a fab comp that Tracy is running - you can see what's what here. It's as easy as ABC, so have a go cos you have to be in it to win it as they say lol xxx

Also, just to let you know that there are some new Penny Black stamps in stock and we all just love them don't we.

And finally, if you fancy grabbing yerself a bargain, nip over and visit Tracy's ebay shop here - it really is bargainous!!

So it has been a week since I last posted which must be one of the longest I've ever been away. My poor old blog has been very sadly neglected and blog hopping has been vitually non existant - shame on me!!! Work has been mad again for a variety of reasons - not that I am complaining cos considering the climate, we are really glad to be busy!!

Also it was the Port Sunlight craft fair on Saturday and I have been busy getting my samples ready. I was demo-ing for Creative Pastimes - Pro Markers and Wild Rose Studio stamps and papers, plus Elzybells stamps, so I was in absolute heaven I can tell ya!! .

Well it was a great show I have to say and I got to meet some lovely ladies including Helen and Sonia. To all the girlies I met, thank you for your lovely comments and support and you all just made my day xxx
So I am off to put my feet up and have a 5 minute chill cos I am sooooo tired. I just noticed that I have gone past 50,000 hits so I reckon some blog candy is in order, so watch this space.
Have a fab night and hugest of hugs xxxx.

14 comments:

Kath Stewart said...

great to have you back in bloggyland...missed you and what a gorgeous card....love that adorable image and thanks for the great tip about the raindrops....go relax and have a glass or two of vino.
Big Hugs Kath xxxxx

helen said...

it was lovely too meet you too hon, spent too much tho its beans on toast for me lol, congrats on the 50,000 hits
hugs
helen x

Dawn said...

Hi Dawny
What a cute card - those 'lil bears are so adorable - I don't think I like my diamond embossing MSBP - think I chose the wrong one!!! Grrr!!

Hugs
Dawn
x

Cardmaking Galore said...

This is really beautiful - love the colouring on the image

Sonia said...

Dawny may i say it was a pleasure to meet you Saturday :) Your cards are amazing. The image and papers are lovely on this card, beautifully done. Hope the week settles down for you.
Hugs Sonia x

CraftyC said...

Your card is gorgeous Dawny, and i love your raindrops, thanks for the tip!
Clairexx

Linanna DESIGNS said...

Hi Dawny good to see you back hunny. Oh you have a few days out and take it easy hunny you sound totally exhausted. I love this card you've made its totally stunning what an adorable image. Im sitting on my hands at the moment though as i seem to overspent lately. So many thinks out there to tempt us all, how is a girl meant to be good? have a good day hunny, big hugs Linda x

Anonymous said...

Your card is `gorgeous` Dawny..sounds like your having fun!!
Hope the sun is shining for you..Have a lovely week:) x

The Crafty Goat Girl said...

Wow well done on your milestone hun! Lovely card, great image and love that ribbon! Heidi xx

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Dawny,l love the image and colour.
so chique.

Hugs Riet.x

Natalie said...

Gorgeous card, I love the image. x

Anonymous said...

Stunning Dawney, love it:)
Hugs, Marlene x

Sammie said...

I never stop "watching this space" and it's sooooo lovely to see you back! A week is a very long time without you!!!
Well, thanks to your inspiration, I've made a card for the PTW challenge and am finding that I'm getting more crafting time in now as life settles down a bit. Thanks for supporting me through it.
Love,
Sammie

Marcea said...

Hi there hun, lovely to see you back after all your crafty goings on!!!! Thanks for the scrummy card you sent me for my birthday - love!!! Take care and chat soon
-x-