Saturday 16 May 2009

Inspirational Anya xx

It's all very sparkly in this post, so glare alert girlies:)))

I couldn't believe my eyes this morning when Mr Postie delivered this little sweetie.

I didn't have an Anya to me name and of course I've seen all the lovely work everyone has been doing with them, and of course, I had to have a set. And I just love them!!

So this is Miss Rain from the Rain, Snow & Shine set which are available over at the fabulous Dies To Die For - you can see her and the rest of her buddies here, but best be quick in case they all go!!

So I used her for the challenge at Inspirational Card Sketches which this week is a gorge sketch by Dawn

PMs, Glamour Dust, MSBP, PP, blah blah blah, you know the score, cos I am predictable, even down to the crappo pic!! I cannot seem to get the lighting right and some colours are worse than others.

I added Glossy Accent to her boots - I managed to un-clog the bottle!!!

Here's the papers and also I blinged up a strip of the grey spotty dude :)xx

Then I added a bit more bling -can't have too much sparkle I don't think!!!

And there ya go.

The weather has been awful here today - in fact, it has rained more or less solidly for the last 48 hours. Yesterday was really dreadful - it was literally bouncing. I was going to go back to Hobbycrap for some more jewellery making odds and sods but I just couldn't face going in the rain. To be honest, I couldn't really have faced going even if it had been cracking the flags - the rain was just the last straw :(

I did find some bits and pieces as per the earrings that Nikkie made, but also I went on line and ordered myself a bracelet making kit with Swarovski crystal beads. Well along with my Anyas, it arrived this morning. So guess what I have been doing all day!!!!!

I have come to the conclusion that being as blind as a bat is not really an advantage when you are making jewellery!!! I'm short sighted (one step removed from a Labrador), so up close isn't easy with the lenses in as they are for distance. So I took the lenses out - fab for the beads but everything else was a bit of a haze. I ended up with my specs on my head and the OTT light about 2 inches from my nose!! I am so going to have to get bifocals - another sign that I am crocking on a bit I suppose.

But I got there in the end and eventually ended up with this ......

I'm a bit chuffed with it to be honest for my first go.

It isn't up to any sort of standard, of course, but I'm happy with how it turned out. It has given me a bit of confidence to try and make something without a kit next time.


And finally, I got this cute teddy award from Jacee. She hasn't been blogging for long and her work is just gorgoeous. Thank you so much for this chick - I do appreciate it. I will pass this on next time I post cos it is a bit late and the hot choc, pjs and book are calling to me. I've had a hard day lol xx


Have a fab Saturday night lovelies xxxx

27 comments:

Cindy Haffner said...

She is darling, awesome, awesome job.

helen said...

gorgeous bracelet hon... boo hoo i missed the anyas this morning... was at work ....right i'm putting me work head on now!!! no no to bifs hon they only good for distance and near vision... no good for pooter.... to get all three in one pair of specs you need varifocals either that or keep the contacts in and wear reading glasses ontop.( its cheaper.... saves more pennies for hobbycrap!!!)
fab card hon loving the bling
hugs
helen x

Macpurp said...

what a beautiful stamp! how sweet is she!
The glitter and her glossy boots are fab!
I love your bracelet! can I ask which site you used to get that?

lots of love
Tina x

Anonymous said...

Oh My crikey
Your card is `gorgteous` Dawny...
I so love your jewellrey Mrs!!rather fantastic for a first timer!!!!(bet youv`e done it before)..rofl..
You should see my efferts..I love it!!!
Have a lovely Sunday..
Loves to one and all:)♥
oops Thanks for joining in with ICS this week..great to see you there!!!:) ♥

Minxy said...

Hiya.. your name and user pics look familuar but i've not visited your blog b4!! strange!
anyway, how lucky are you to have recieved your new anyas already, and what a fab job you've done too, i love your card, and the bracelet is gorjuss too :O)

Enfys said...

Hiya Dawny, Popped over to see your great cards and find you have turned into Missus Tiffany while my back's turned. What a great bracelet.
luv
En x

Sue said...

LOL @ you with ya specs, gorgeous card she looks lovely, fabby papers n of course the bling, ya braclet looks brill hun ya should be well chuffed, sue.x

Suzy said...

Nice card. And very pretty Anja.

Natalie said...

Gorgeous card, I got my Anya's yesterday too and I love them. x

Marcea said...

oooh you beat me with your card :o) but mine will not be far behind!!!! Isn't the set just too adorable, so gald you are now a miss anya lover cos I can drool over your creations of her!
Fabby card, just loving all the bling. And wow ..... what a titally gorgeous bracelet, you may have tempted me to have a go .... so pretty!
Have a lovely weekend and hope the rain stops for you soon
-x-

Beccy said...

Wow where to start?

Fabulous Anya - the sparkly bits are terrific.

Bracelet looks good - well done on your first attempt.

Forget the glasses go for a magnifyer and daylight lamp - I cant do anything without mine!

Hugs Beccy x

Unknown said...

Gorgeous card Dawny! I totally agree you can never have too much bling on a card!
And your bracelet is stunning! Goes well with the card with so much bling!!
I have an award for you on my blog.
xx

Jill said...

beautiful card Dawny, love the new Miss Anya's. Ohh and your bracelet is stunning, well done hugs Jill xx

Nikki Fairbairn said...

Hi Dawny, your card is gorgeous hun, love the sweet image and all the sparkles, Your bracelet is also fabulous and an awesome job seeing it's your first go. Hope your having a wonderful Sunday, Hugs, Nikki x

simplyfairies said...

creations as always Dawny....

Eileen said...

Lovely card Dawn but then yours always are.
I am fine thank you and I hope that you are as well.
The weather has been really terrible and more rain forecast for next week. We will just have to stop in and make cards won't we??
luv eileen

pink lady said...

Fantastic Anya card Dawny, I've been trying soooo hard to get my hands on this set you lucky lucky thing but it's sold out everywhere :(
Fabby bracelet too
Shelly x

Cheryl said...

Hi Dawny....pretty image and card as always....and I love the sparkly bits...

It has been raining here for several days and we also have strong winds. When is summer coming, do you think?

Hope you and Richard are well and having fun......

Suzanne said...

The stamp is fabulous. And what a wonderful result with your kit. Bracelet is absolutely gorgeous.

Hugs
Suzanne x

Jacee said...

What a fab card, love the colours, and those sparkly bits are so effective, glad to see you have your award, and thank you for such lovely comments about my work, I very much appreciate it.

Tab said...

Ooooh stunning card hun, love the new Anya's and the colours that you have done her are delish!That's one fab bracelet too!
Hugs Tab xxx

Dawn♥ said...

OM what a lovely looking card! The detail work is amazing! Beautiful colors and the bling is the perfect touch to the whole card! WOW! Thank you for coming and playing along with us over at ICS! :)
♥Dawn♥

Sam said...

Great card, love the colours you have used. Am off to DTDF now, I need some Anyas!
Sam x

Fink said...

The card is breath taking!!!! I am glad you did our sketch! This just rocks!

Ann said...

Hi Dawny, beautiful card, I agree you can never have too much bling. Sorry I have not been around for a while, but as you will probably see I have been busy working on the new Challenge blog The Next Level alongside Dawn. I do hope that you will pop along and visit us, I would love your support xxx

The Next Level.

Andrea said...

Wow - gorgeous card! She certainly is a gorgeous Anya - and she looks good blonde! I must have a go at blonde hair - usually do dark brown!
And fabulous bracelet for first time too!

Murielle said...

OH...Dawny, your card is fantastic!!!!
Wonderful colours used and beautiful look!!!
I love.
Hugs, Mumur