Friday 15 May 2009

Tilda, Kids & A Bit Of Bling xxx

These are really not my usual colours at all, but they remind me a bit of a peacock and I sort of like them.

I got this stamp at the NEC from Mr Magnolia himself and this is it's first inking.
So I thought I'd use it for this week's Just Magnolia challenge which is a gorgeous sketch by Naoual. Please excuse the pics cos my camera batteries are on their last legs so I took these really quickly. Despite mucking about with the photo editor, they still don't look right, but peeps, I did me best with them :)xx

I got me doily punch out, just in case it was feeling left out. Tracy at Dies To Die For is trying her hardest, bless her, to get some more btw. And keep checking the website cos there is something fabulous coming soon. Shhhh, I cannot say any more.

The old faithful PMs and Glamour Dust dynamic duo were used to colour and highlight and the papers are again from Wild Rose Studios Spring CD - I coloured them with the PMs to match the image.

Now, the reason for the change of colour is .......

... this butterfly.

I got the stamp from Port Sunlight at the weekend (Pauline, how the hell did I miss you chick? I am gutted we didn't get to have a catch up!!)

Anyhoos, I stamped it onto acetate using Stayzon and then I coloured it in on the reverse with PMs. Apparently it colours beautifully if you use Stazon ink (coloured, natch), but in the absence of any of that, I resorted to my bad boys (they never let me down!!). But I had to use fairly strong colours for it to show through. I dabbed on a bit of Stickles and then cut it out and added some teeny pearls.

I wanted it to look like Tilda was looking at the butterfly, but it is probably a bit big for this card. And to be honest, it's a wonder that the poor girl isn't in A & E having a coronary, or at least in a severe state of shock, cos IRL relatively speaking, it would be like something out of Jurassic Park!!!


And how do I close the envelope now??
Oh well, I'll do a box for it. It isn't for my friend either but that was the only sentiment that fit along the side lol xxxx

I didn't do all that well all things considered!!!

But I'll tell you who did!!

My eldest was sitting with me yesterday as I was colouring some stuff and she went and got some stamped images and using the PMs, this is what she did ....

The girl can really REALLY colour.

I call her Can Craft, Won't Craft!!
I am trying to persuade her to use her talent and do something with it, but she won't. I even suggested she start her own blog, but nope, not interested!!! Maybe I am biased cos I am her momma but I think these are really good - better than I could do if I being honest!!!

She was just 'mucking about'!!! I mean, what a flippin waste!!!

Remember the Hobbycrap saga from yesterday?
Well, get a load of these ....


No, not me (are you having a laugh!!!!).
It was Nikkie again. Never done it in her life, then she picks up the pliers and beads and an hour or so later, we've 4 pairs of earrings.

Just like that!!! I kid you not!!!

I got some of the beads from Dulcie (thank you chick xxx) and the rest of the beads and the bits and bobs were in my craft box. They are called findings apparently - I've been on the internet today, you can probably tell lol xxx). I found them last night while I was rooting about for something. I got them from that sale I did to help the girl out ages ago so I needn't have bothered going to HC after all.

And finally .... are you still with me, cos I've rambled a fair bit tonight, soz!!!

I got this from the lovely Caryn.
Thanks for this one darlin - it's fab, and I love being a rockin' girl xxx

Have a great evening and a great weekend if I'm not back before Monday.

Huggles xxxx

15 comments:

Tasha said...

Oooooh Dawn this is lovely! The flutterby looks nice the way it's coloured! Right enough if i saw one that big (flutterby that is) i'd die! I think they're pretty and pretty flippin scary! i don't mind watching them fly about so long as it's 3 miles away! OMG your DD is fantastic with those PM's my 17 yr old is like that but will she do owt with it? NO! The earrings are great too! Glad you got your "Findings" Hun just steer clear of Hobbycrap in the future lol, Hugs, Tash

jacque4u2c said...

CUTE! CUTE! CUTE! CUTE!

Loopylou. said...

gorgeous tilda card, that butterfly is just dreamy and wow do you need to get that little lady of yoyrs her own blog, she must of got the crafty genes from mum!!!!xxx

Jilli said...

Roflmao ... you are just soooo funny! Love the card btw, fab papers and a gorgeous butterfly, although i see what you mean about its jurassic proportions. Even the tiniest butterfly sends me into a frenzy ... gorgeous creatures as long as they stay away from me! Fab DD colouring and beautiful earrings, i got me a talented daughter, she got herself an "A" in art, but will she draw anything for me to use on my cards? .... its a big fat NO! Says she dont have time ... she only works full-time and has a 20 month old monster, dunno whats she's on about for gods sake pmsl! mwah's Jillix

Riet said...

Wowww Dawn,what a beautiful creations.l love them all.

Hugs Riet.x

Caryn said...

That butterfly is stunning Dawn, I haven't tried PMs on aceate - got me thinking now!

I can't believe your Nikki isn't interested in using that wonderful creative talent! Her colouring IS amazing. Wot's she like??

Have a great weekend.

Hugs,
Caryn xxx

Sammie said...

You are such a hoot. I love stopping by and you never fail to make me smile! That butterfly is something else -absolutely stunning!
And "Yes" the Can Do, Won't Do girl can really colour!
Have a great weekend,
Sammie

The Crafty Den said...

Love the card (even the monster butterfly lol). Your daughter is a better colourer than me (grrrr...). Have a great weekend. Hugs, Denise x

Lesley said...

fab card!!! and the butterfly is gorgeous!!! ur daughter defo has a talent there!!! i am sure that u can convince her!!! have a fab weekend..luv n hugs Lesley xxx

Anonymous said...

Gorge card hunnie, love the colours too! and you should MAKE your DD to do more with that talent.. she's awesome!!
Have a great weekend hun
Hugs, Marlene x

Jacee said...

I love reading your blog, you really cheer me up, and your work is just fabulous.
If you visit my blog there is something there for you.
Hugs, Jacee

Jill said...

gorgeous card Dawny, I love the butterfly, wow I'm very impressed, and your daughters colouring is amazing so neat and wonderful shading, those earing are beautiful, congrats on the award hugs Jill xx

helen said...

i must of walked round hulme hall with me eyes shut !!! how the heck did i miss that butterfly ....its gorgeous ...i not a good advert for opticians am i !!!
hugs
helen x

Suzanne said...

Your card is beautiful - I love it. It seems that you have a daughter like mine, lol! Nikki's colouring is fantastic and she shouldn't let it go to waste! Her earrings are fab too

Hugs
Suzanne x

simplyfairies said...

Wow , well madam how beautiful is this little lot and thta butterfly is superb!!