Tuesday 19 May 2009

A Bit Different xxx

I've posted the pics in a different order.

And these are not my usual colours, although I love this colour combi. But I thought I'd ink up my new Penny Black stamp which I bought from Port Sunlight a few weeks back. It was in the bargain section and I just fell in love with it. Well actually Jan spotted it first and there were 2 so we had one each :)

So Penny Black Saturday Challenge, here we come lol xxx
This week it's a recipe challenge and it is 3 flowers, 2 papers and 1 brad/ charm.

So ...

Here's 2 of the flowers, and there is a Kars blingy diamond in the middle

The 2 papers are both PP

And the 1 brad / charm is American Crafts (brad) and Craft Bitz (charm).

I hope I am ok using both girls, and sorry if I got this wrong!!!
Oh and here is the other flower!!!

The glare from my lamp at night is awful and it makes the papers look really shiny, which they aren't cos I dont like glossy papers really. I used the old PMs and Glamour Dust duo - went a bit OTT with the sparkle as you can see .....

... on this pic. IRL it doesn't look that bad though.


Well I am sporting 2 of the biggest blisters you have seen - one on each heel so I am nothing if not matching. Actually, they arent that big, but they sure as hell are sore.


I had been a bit down yesterday and lack of fresh air doesn't help, so Richard and I went for a walk tonight after dinner - we are so lucky to have some lovely countryside round here. Stupidly, as we weren't going far, I thought I'd wear a new-ish pair of trainers that have not yet seen the light of the gym.


We do a bit of a circuit which is only 3 miles or so, and about half way round, I felt the shoes chomping into my ruddy heels. Well what could I do? I had to keep on going cos R was not offering any piggy backs (can't for the life of me think why lol xx) By the time we got home, it wasn't nice. I never walk in anything other than stuff which my feet are used to, so I don't know what possesed me!!! But be sure, it is a mistake I will never make again.


The diet is back on (again, yawn yawn) so at least the blisters will stop me wandering into the kitchen looking for snackage - well for tonight at any rate lol xxx


Have a great evening and me and my blisters will be back soon, hopefully :)

Hugs xxx

27 comments:

Suzanne said...

Another gorgeous card, Dawn. The sparkle looks fab

Hugs
Suzanne x

Andrea, said...

Oh this is fab Dawn, I love the image you have used and all the sparkle. I am back on the diet as well (my trousers are getting too tight!!) I will email you this afternoon. have a great day

Kath Stewart said...

such a gorgeous card Dawn....loving the colour combo and that super cute kitty...love the expression on the little face and great colour work..and of course your gorgeous sparkle...thanks for joining in the fun this week at PBSC. Poor you with the blisters...been there..done it Big Hugs Kath xxxxxx

Beth said...

This is so gorgeous!! I love this colour combo and the cutie little stamp! Thanks for joining the PB challenge this week! I hope you're feet are felling better - I swear exercise is bad for you!
Beth xx

Anonymous said...

Hiya Dawny
Your card is gorgeous...love the colours and stamp!!!
Hope your feet are a little bit better..
Have a lovely Day :) x

Anonymous said...

Hiya Dawny
Your card is gorgeous...love the colours and stamp!!!
Hope your feet are a little bit better..
Have a lovely Day :) x

helen said...

gorgeous image hon ....hope the heels are feeling better .... and no crawling to the fridge!!!
hugs
helen x

Macpurp said...

this is beautiful! i love the red on it! i am into red just now!
beautiful stamp and a bargain too!
even better.

hope your heels are better soon.
much love teen xx

Cindy Haffner said...

Sweet, sweet, sweet.

Jacee said...

Dawn this is lovely, the colours are so nice, And I just love that cute little charm, a really fabulous card, (hope your feet soon get better,shame about the diet, I hear chocolate works wonders for blisters!! Heee Heeee

katy said...

Fabby card as always Dawny :) Love the red spotty paper !

If you email me i'll send you the instructions for the Tea Bag right back ..

Love Katy x

Saskia said...

So beautiful and lovely... great!!!

Greetings,
Saskia

Jo said...

Love this card Dawny and the image is beautifully coloured as usual. Hope your blisters improve and good luck with your diet x

Zoe said...

Awww i love this card sweetie, i am not suprised that you just fell in love with this stamp, it is adorable and usefull for soo many different occasions!! I love it!!!
I hope that your feet feel better soon, i did exactly the same thing waaaaay back and i can tell you one thing , you will NEVER do it again!! well at least i havent lol!!
Take care sweetie,
Zoe x x

sharon said...

hiya hun..eventually have 5 mins to come visit.
Ooohh..you do make me wanna make cards all day everyday...just the best!.xxx..ouchy ouch heels...of course rest for you..no work only crafting :)x

Julie said...

Lovely card Dawny, a bit different to see you in deep colours but I like it. Hope your feet are feeling better.

Sammie said...

You really are too much of a hoot! Don't want to make you mis, but I am still sporting a blister from 3 weeks ago! Like you, I didn't walk far, but it's the biggest blister I ever had. And I was wearing... new trainers thinking the'd be comfortable. How wrong can you be?
Love,
Sammie x

Marcea said...

babe, you are mad!
great card .... as if you could have too much sparkle (nutter status confirmed). Poor you and your feet - Tell Richard I would have paid good money to see him giving you a piggy back, rofl
-x-

Jill said...

beautiful card Dawny, I love the glitter on the bow it's looks wonderful and I love your new stamp, hugs Jill xx

Tasha said...

Wow love it! There's something on my blog for you, Tash xxx

Jenny S. (UK) said...

I adore all your work and have left you another award on my Blogx

Enfys said...

Gorgeous card Dawny. Hope the blisters are better - I have a massive one on my heel, wearing shoes after 2 months of flip flops does it every time
luv
En xx

Rachelle Christensen said...

Darling! And such great details. Thanks. Check out my blogto see reviews on The Original Scrapbox creative products!

Dawn said...

Hiya Dawnyyyyy
Well I have been tee heeing and haaing at your last few posts - you are one funny gal!!
Gorgeous cards and amazing stamps as usual - this is me just getting round to some blog hopping which hardly happens these days - Grr!!

Hugs
Dawn
xx
Hope the blisters are better!

Kath Stewart said...

don't normally pass these blighters on...but this is special and just for you.....pop over when you can...Hugs Kath xxxxxx

Elaine said...

Such a yummy card! Love it.

Jo Nevill said...

Fantastic card, I love the image you have used and your colouring is perfect. Hope your feet are now feeling better - nothing worse than blisters !

Just giving you a nudge, nudge, wink, wink and telling you to look on the Simon Says Stamp Blog - there is an enormous surprise for you - YES YOU !!!!

Many congrats !

Jo x