Tuesday 4 June 2013

What's Pink & A Bit Distressed? Clue? Well It Isn't Me!!!!

Picture-006web

Hi there peeps and hope you are all enjoying the sunshine today.

Blimey, it's beginning feel a bit like summer here. However, and I don't want to be the party pooper,  I heard that tomorrow we are back to our usual rain / grey / damp etc.

Never mind, it was nice while it lasted.

It's time for our weekly dose of all things  Papertake-ie and this week we have our

Anything Goes

theme, with the optional extra to make a non square base card.

So that's what I did!! 

Picture-001w2

I went for a round base, or rather a scalloped round base which I made using me Grand Nesties ;)

And it's also another sneakie peekie from the brand new Lili of The Valley  Pretty Vintage release  - this is from set #62 - Friendship Quotes. Judging by the reaction to all the new stuff at the shop at the weekend, you are going to love these as much as we do, I'm sure :)

So no colouring - just a nice easy bit of stamping.

The papers are from a Lili of The Valley  8x8  Perfect Pair paper pad and I did a bit of inking, distressing and glittering.

And to highlight the lovely words, I made a little frame ..... 

Picture-004web 

.. and covered it with Stampendous - Frantage Embossing Enamel - Shabby Pink.

I got this from the Lili of The Valley shop at the weekend and if you want some, just give the shop a ring and they will be able to help you (it isn't on the website). Or if you are near the shop, you can pick some up there (there is a wide range of new stuff in now).

By the way, do you like the pink 'mist' around the card today?
I had to change it because the card got a bit lost in the usual white froth that I generally use.

 

Picture-005web

A paper rosette courtesy of Sir Tim (well his die, not him personally!!) which I topped with a pretty Daisy Pale Pink Ribbon Girl daisy.

The Memory Box Lavish Branch die has been put to good use again ....

 

Picture-002web

... as has the La La Land Heart Banner die and Spellbinders A2 curved border die.

I'm such a creature of habit.

 

Picture-003web

So that's the card for today - hope you likee.

And if you do likee the new stuff and want to win yourself the complete set, check this out -

prettyvintagewinlowres

Between now and 11.59pm (UK time) on June 7th all orders over £15 will go into a draw to win a full set of the new Pretty Vintage stamps

The (very) lucky winner will get one of each of the 26 new A5 stamp sets   …this prize is worth a whopping £325 so make sure you get your orders placed to be in with a chance of winning.

All details can be found here.

And as it's the first Monday of the month, it's time for a brand new ....

monthlychallenge880

LOTV challenge and you can check it all out right here.

I have to say the BIGGEST THANK you to the lovely ladies who came to the workshops at the Lili of The Valley shop on Saturday. We had 2 lovely groups and I hope that you enjoyed it as much as I did.

And Tracy did the afternoon workshop and of course, my little pal Bobby came to collect her with his dad and he brought me ....

scan0004

.. this lovely pic that he coloured for me.

Bless his little heart - he is such a poppet. I stole a hug from him - not sure he enjoyed it though as he is too old for that kind of carry on.  And especially as he is now Sportsman of the Year for his footie team - yayyyy. He brought his trophy in to show me as well  - he made my day:)

I know I've said it before but every time I go into the shop, I am blown away by all the prettiness. The DT cards look stunning and I get so much inspiration in there. There's loads of new stuff in as well such as gorgeous embossing powders, gilding flakes, Pan Pastels and mica powders. I was spoiled for choice!!

And what a glorious day it was - the drive there in the sunshine was wonderful. I love going over the moors first thing when there isn't much traffic about. Maybe I'm a bit strange (hold that thought!!) but I really think they are beautiful in their barrenness.  My Granddad use to tell me when I was little that they found me up on Denbigh Moor so perhaps that's where it comes from!!

Then we had a barbeque on Sunday.

I got a text from Emma as I was leaving the shop to come home saying that Thea (one year old) had clearly said 'barbeque' and they took this to mean that she wanted one so would I be a good Granny and oblige her? Well I may look like a cabbage but I am not that green cos they lie like fish on a slab!!!! . But we had one anyway (I am such a soft touch) and his Lordship Dickie Mint did the cooking -  and a fine damn tooting  job he did  as well.

Verry delish :)

Right I better get going. Enjoy your day and see you tomorrow.

Huggiest of hugs to all xxx

6 comments:

Desire Fourie said...

Beautiful card. Love the freshness of the design and the circle shape.
Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

Riet said...

What a beautiful card.

Hugs Riet.xx

Sue said...

WOW!!! Your card is stunning Dawny. I love the sentiment and the wonderful sparkly frame. The colours and details you have added are totally gorgeous.
It sounds like you had the perfect weekend!
hugs Sue xx

Lou said...

Hi! really pretty card Dawny,sounds like a lovely time too and it has just felt like my birthday as I opened your candy win- thanks again love it.
Have a nice day,hugs Lou.xx

Lindsay Craftymonster81 said...

Gorgeous card, I love the shape and layout and the texture on the frame is gorgeous
Lindsay xx

Tracy said...

Hi Dawny,
First of all your creation is totally gorgeous, and the shabby pink Frantage looks amazing, loving the effect.
I love the pink mist around your images, I don't know how you do it, but it looks great, just as nice as the white.
Bobby has a Football Tournament on Saturday, so there could be more medals or trophies!
I put my candle on my blog today and getting good comments. Do you know when the gift box details will be available?
Can't wait to see what the new workshops will be if there are going to be some.
Hope your having a good week
Happy crafting
Tracy x