Wednesday 19 June 2013

A Fruity Little Number :)

Hi peeps and hope you are all OK today xxx.

It's that time of the week when we catch up with our friends in the US of A over at the Simon Says Stamp challenge and this week our theme is

Summer Fruits

This week the DT are showcasing  American Crafts products.
You don't have to use them of course, but if you have them we would love to see them  :-)

And as always, our lovely Heidi is giving away a fabulous …

… for one lucky winner to spend …

… right here :)

THANK YOU Heidi & Simon Says Stamp xxx

So what did I do then?

Picture-001web

I got one of me Tilda's out seeing as I haven't used one for ages.
This ones is
Tilda With Lovely Jam and I coloured her with Copics.

Picture-006web

Stupidly, and not like me I know (!!!),  I put them all away without writing down what I've used, so I'm winging it a bit here.

But I THINK I used -

Skin - E000, E00, E11, E21, R00, R02
Hair - E31, E35, E39,
The rest - E30, E40, E41, E42, E50, R05, R17, R27, R59, RV0000, RV000, RV10, R85

I do know fo sho that the papers are from an American Crafts Amy Tangerine Sketchbook 6x6 Paper Pad

Picture-004web

I made the blooms up from a packet of Hero Arts 70 FLOWERS WHITE AND CREAM and added a middle made from a Nellie Snellen STAMEN Floral Punch 

I had a bit of a saga with my Grand Calibur this week  - more in a sec - so I am die cutting machine-less at the mo. So I had to improvise a bit.  I chopped off the edges from a scalloped card blank and used them to create a border. I also made a ruffle trim from some Doodlebug BUBBLEGUM SWISS DOT Washi Tape

I turned out OK-ish I think.

 Picture-005web

So here's the fruity bit!!

Well the jam in the image is fruity of course,  but I wanted to add something that looked like fruit as well. So I made a little cherry sprig from a couple of buttons and a  chopped up Martha Stewart FROND LEAF Craft Punch leaf.

Picture-002web 

Picture-003web

I had a bit of a trauma making this card because as I said, my Grand Calibur machine went belly up last week and was dropping oil/grease everywhere. To be absolutely fair about it, Spellbinders have been amazing, they really have. I am totally in awe of their customer service. I told them about it on Thursday and they asked me to send some pics which I did and the could see that this was fault with the machine and not something I had done wrong. They said they would get one of their UK distributors to send me a new one and one arrived on Monday.

BUT sadly it wasn't working properly either so I am just waiting on a reply from the UK side of things.

The saga looks set to continue but it means that I have no die cutting machine and I am lost I can tell you. I struggled to make a card without using a die and the only reason I managed to get the oval cut for the image was that I tried to use the new machine and though it did cut this out, it is making a horrible noise and the plates are not feeding through as they ought to so I dare not use it again.

But anyway we got there in the end with the card and I'm not too unhappy with how it turned out!!

Right I better go and do some work.
I have my pottery class this evening and I'm looking forward to it. The pieces I've done aren't yet dry but I will put some pics on here so you can have a laugh once they are all done!!

Enjoy your day and huggiest of hugs to all xxx

 

18 comments:

Unknown said...

what a perfect card love the colours sorry not been around for a while to view your fab cards hugs sassyxx

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Dawny :-) Tilda is lovely and I love how you made the button cherries, fabulous idea :-)

hope you get your calibur sorted soon,, what a palaver :-(

luv
Lols x x x

Jingle said...

This is too cute! I love how you made button cherries!

Melissa Bove said...

Super CUTE card Dawny!! Love the great colors, sweet image and your coloring is amazing!!

hugs...

Riet said...

What a beautiful card.

Hugs Riet.xx

Margreet said...

Awesome card with fab colouring and gorgeous details...love how you made cherries with the buttons...good luck with a new Grand Calibur!
xxx Margreet

Christine Harrop said...

My goodness, I have heard so many people recently having problems with their GC that I am beginning to worry! Thank goodness my Bug is still at the back of the cupboard!. I'm not a real lover of Tilda but I do love your card. Christine

Heather said...

Gorgeous Dawny, a fabulous design and lovely colours, Tilda is adorable and I love your cherry buttons!!

hugs
Heather xx

Sue said...

Your card is gorgeous Dawny. I love the sweet Tilda, pretty papers and the scalloped borders look fabulous. The button cherries look brilliant too.
I hope you get your GC sorted soon, thank goodness that the customer service is so good.
Enjoy your pottery!
hugs Sue

susiestacey said...

Gorgeous card Dawny even without the GC - love the Tilda with jam x Susan x

debby4000 said...

Gorgeous and adorable, sweet image and love the button cherry. Do hope you get the GC sorted soon I would be lost without my die cutting machine.
luv
Debby

Jo Nevill said...

Gorgeous card Dawny, love Tilda and love the cherries you made.

Hope you get your GC sorted out

Hugs

Jo x

Bev Gerard said...

Oh my gosh! Your button 'cherries' are darnright Yummaliciously clever! Makin' me smile here!

~Bev
TexasGrammy

Debbie said...

Your fruity card is fab dearie.Love these papers too.Hope you get your grand calibur situation sorted soon. If you lived in east yorkshire I could have leant you my cuttlebug as I only use my ebosser now.Hope you enjoyed your pottery class.Hugs Debbie x

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

Gorgeous card, Dawny!! I just love the embellishments you chose and the embellishments are perfect!

*mwah*
Steph
Simon Says Stamp!

vic said...

this is such a pretty card and l love the handmade buttons!!

Arnoldo L. Romero, MLA said...

She's a real cutie!

Tanya said...

Beautiful Dawny, the colours are amazing and I love that sweet image :D

Tanya xx