Wednesday 26 June 2013

Sweet As Candi :)


Hello possums and hope you are all OK today xxx (

It's that time of the week when we catch up with our friends in the US of A over at the Simon Says Stamp challenge and this week our theme is

Anything Goes

This week the DT are showcasing Card Candi from Craftwork Cards.
You don't have to use them of course, but if you have them we would love to see them  :-)

As a special promotion Craftwork Cards are also providing this fabulous Card Candi box with an Alphabet stamp set which are the perfect size to stamp onto the Candi.

And as always, our lovely Heidi is giving away a fabulous …

… for one lucky winner to spend …

… right here :)

THANK YOU Heidi & Simon Says Stamp & Craftwork Cards  xxx

So what did I do then?

Shades alert me darlins cos this bad boy is BRIGHT!!!!

web

See, I did warn ya :)

I went for something nice and cheery to match the yummy Polka Dots Citrus Burst Card Candi

So I used this paper which is from the  Echo Park Hello Summer collection.

Picture-005web

I wanted to do something a bit different with the Candi so I decided to make a flower.

These are ever so easy to do and to make them, this is what you do -

Punch out a 1" circle from scrap card.

Take your candi, bend in half and pinch one end together -  leave the other end open. Hopefully you can see what I mean from the pic

Using your glue gun (it's easier than tape or wet glue), and working from the outer edge, add a blob of glue to the back of the folded Candi near the unopened end and stick onto the  punched circle.

Go around the edge and work into the centre.

Simples!!!

And you could make bigger flowers than this by starting off with a bigger punched or die cut circle.
I think they look a bit Hydrangea-ish.

 

Picture-006web

I also used the Candi to create a scalloped edge here.

 

 Picture-003web

The leaves are made from an Impression Obsession Branch Die - I just chopped it up a bit :)

 Picture-004web

So that's the old card done for today and I'll be back soon as soon with a couple of sneakie peekies for you.

Have a lovely day and huggiest of hugs to all xxx

19 comments:

Riet said...

What a beautiful card .

hugs Riet.xx

Laura Sterckx said...

Hey Dawny! This is such a bright and fun card! I should have put on my sunglasses! ;)
I really like this card and the candi on it looks so pretty!

Have a great day!
Laura xx

Laura Sterckx said...

Hey Dawny! This is such a bright and fun card! I should have put on my sunglasses! ;)
I really like this card and the candi on it looks so pretty!

Have a great day!
Laura xx

Lorraine A said...

WOW !! what a fabulous way to use the candi !! I love the flower and colours ,,, absolutely gorgeous and so very creative ! LOVE it :-)

luv
Lols x x x

Shea said...

BRILLIANT card, in color and design! That flower is fantastic and I plan to try that technique out. Thanks so much for sharing it! Your blog is delightful as is your wonderful sense of humor and I look forward to visiting more often!

Sue said...

WOW!!!! This is wonderful Dawny. I love the bright cheery colours and such a fabulous flower made from the card candi - will definitely be having a go at that!
hugs Sue xx

Heather said...

A stunning card Dawny, fabulous papers and I love how you've used the Candi!!

hugs
Heather xx

Jingle said...

Dawny, your flower is amazing!!! I so love it! And a gorgeous card, all around! Love this one so much!

Melissa Bove said...

Wow, Dawny!! You outdid yourself with this one!! How gorgeous!! Love the bright, summery colors and how you made that flower!! GENIUS!! Love it!!

hugs...

Unknown said...

This is fabulous Dawny! What great ideas for Card Candi x I will definitely be trying to make one of those flowers!

Emma x

Lorraine said...

Gorgeous card Dawny. I love the bright colours and the card candi flower looks fabulous.
Lorraine x

robbin said...

Sunshine. On a card . !!!!! Beautiful brightened up my evening,
Thank you sue.

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

Beautiful card, Dawny! I love the rainbow palette you did this week!!

*mwah*
Steph
Simon Says Stamp!

Annywz said...

LOVE the color and the stitching. Beautiful card for like summer theme. =D

debby4000 said...

Fabulous sunny card.
luv
Debby

Arnoldo L. Romero, MLA said...

I love the cheerful color combination in your card. Blessings!

Bonnie said...

What a wonderful surprise on a gloomy day! Brings a smile to my face!

Marjolein said...

WOW!!
Where are my sunglasses? ha, ha, I don't have sunglasses btw...
Love your bright and colourfull card!!
Makes you feel soooo very happy!
Thanks!
Bye,

Marjolein

Debbie said...

What a super bright card.Love these colours.Hugs x