Tuesday 11 June 2013

We're Back To Normal :)

 

Picture-001web1

Hi there sweet peeps and hope you are all OK today.

It's a bit damp and overcast this morning but we can't moan seeing as we have had a run of over a week of sunshine here, woohoooo!!
Maybe it will come back?

Who knows!!!

Firstly, thank you so much to everyone who visited yesterday for the hop.

If you haven't entered, you have until 6pm tonight (UK time) and the winner will be announced later over at the Ideas To Inspire blog.  And thank you for all of your sweet comments, plus one rather strange one  - quelle dommage, you can't please 'em all lol!! It WAS something very different and I think it's good to take yourself out of your comfort zone occasionally. You may not get it right every time but it's good to try :)

So back in the aforementioned comfort zone today cos it's time to head on over to Papertake Weekly where we have a bit of a male thing going on. This week, our theme is

Hello Boys

and we just want to see your Father's day / male cards - simples :)
We have lots of lovely DT cardage plus 2 fab prizes and sponsors so if you get a sec, nip on over and check it all out.

So ....

Picture-001web 

.. this is what I did.

It's actually the card we did at the June  Lili of The Valley workshop and here's what I used to make it -

From LOTV -

Image – Vegetable Patch from Art Pad 1 – Vintage Boys

Sentiment – Sent With Love x from Sentiments To Fit Scroll set

Papers – Country Gent 8x8 paper pad

Dies -

Memory Box Grasslands Border Die (negative used)

Joy! Craft Dies - Clouds 3

Magnolia Lovely Fence Die

Apart from the Magnolia die, the others are available from the LOTV shop.

 

 

Picture-005web 

I decided that I liked the negative of the die cut better as it was a bit chunkier and looked more like a hedge.
I love it when you can use both parts of the die cut :)

I bevelled the fence using some foam pads - it may be a bugger to post but I like the way it looks and you could always box up the card.
It would make it more special then :)

 

 

Picture-004web

LOVING these little clouds - they are soooo sweet and quite trendy at the mo.

 

 Picture-006web

These sentiments are for life and not just for the scroll set!!!

 

Picture-0021web

I made the little brown dots from card punched out with a tiny hole punch.

 

Picture-003web

So that's the old card done and if you want to enter the blog hop from yesterday (and if you haven't please do have a go cos there is a whopper of a prize up for grabs), then you can check it all out here sweet peeps.

Right I'm off - I have a busy busy day ahead of me and I need to get a wriggle on or it will be lunch time before I know it and half the day will have gone!!

Enjoy your day and huggiest of hugs to all xxx

12 comments:

mgq said...

beautiful card

Hayley said...

Stunning card.. love vintage images!

Hayley said...

Love vintage... stunning card!

Sherry Phipps said...

Oh...I just love your card! So much detail and dimension for a cute boy card!

Loopylou. said...

oh its gorgeous, I love the way it bends at the front hunny.
huge hugs Lou xxx

Sue said...

Gorgeous card Dawny. I love that image and the way you have added the grass and fence looks so effective
hugs Sue xx

Kara Lynne said...

Amazing job with your coloring as usual! I love the beveled fence and the negative cut of the grass.

KathR said...

Oooooo I love this, it's so cute!.....

birdyjude said...

Love this card. The image is so cute and looks lovely in the shades you have used.

Judy

Riet said...

What a beautiful card.

Hugs Riet.xx

Marie-Anne said...

What a great men's card.

Marie-Anne

jem (jane elizabeth middleton) said...

love every thing about your card Dawn, I love this image . janex