Wednesday 2 January 2013

Ohhh Please Be Gentle!!!!

 

Hi there sweet peeps and hope you are all OK today.

Firstly a very Happy New Year to you all and here’s to a fab and crafty 2013.

I’ve been a bit quiet because I’ve been a tad under the weather again these last few weeks, full of snots and sniffs – how attractive (not!!) so all my plans for a week’s crafting went right out of the window :(

So this is the first card of 2013 and indeedy the first card I’ve made in weeks. It’s a bit of a plain Jane really but that said. I love this image and it was sooooo nice to sit and colour again.

So without further ado, let’s nip across the pond and join our friends over at the Simon Says Stamp challenge and this week our theme is

New Something

I decided to go with a new something that I haven't used before and it is one of my new Magnolia images.

As always, our lovely Heidi is giving away a fabulous …

… for one lucky winner to spend …

… right here :)

So ….

 Picture 028 copy

… this is what I did.

The image is Tilda with Heart Socks …..

Picture 032 copy

 

…..and isn't she a sweetie!!!!

Now the sharp eyed amongst you will realise that I’ve gone back to me Copics – NOT because I don’t like the Distress Inks (I soooooo do) but I just fancied a sesh with my old friends again!!!

Sad but true!!

Anyhoos I coloured her with these Copics -

Skin – E000, E00, E11, E13, E21, R00, R02

Hair – E31, E33, E34, E35, E39. E50

The rest – E41, E50, R85, RV0000, RV000, RV00.

Now I am being honest here, this isn't my best attempt at the old colouring because I haven't used the pens for weeks and weeks since going over to the dark side re the inks. But I enjoyed using them again fo sho!!! And in my defence (your Honour lol), the light here is so bad recently and I could not get a decent pic for love nor money -  IRL it looks much nicer than it does on here.

The papers are from a Kaiser PINK GELATO 6.5 x 6.5 Paper Pad – verry pretty pinks they are.

 Picture 029 copy

The shape behind the image panel was made using 2 scalloped oval nesties and sticking them behind the image – I quite like how it turned out :)

I also used one of my fave Magnolia dies ie Magnolia Doily Flower die and topped them off with a rolled rose.

 Picture 030 copy

So that’s the card done for today.

We had a fairly quiet Christmas  - well as quiet as it gets with 2 dinkies - and we had an even quieter New Year’s Eve.

We did our usual Christmas morning stalker Grandparents thing and went round to Emma’s at ridiculous o'clock to watch the girls opening their prezzies.  Kyla obviously is really into it at the mo  - well the prezzie bit anyway, she still isn't fussed on Santa!! But this year there wasn't the usual hysterics at bed time – she is scared of him coming into the house, poor kid.  So maybe things are looking up, or maybe pennies are starting to drop!!!!

But she was excited to see her pile of presents of course and I think Thea was just bemused by it all.

Here’s a couple of pics to share ….

Picture 012                          Picture 009

… awww bless them (and please excuse the bit of self indulgence here lol!!).

Thea is teething so she is a bit slobbery at the mo as you can see, but she quite enjoyed opening her stuff as well, even if she did have a bit of help from Mummy and Kyla!!!

BTW, I feel duty bound to point out that the hairy legs do not belong to me!!!!

Right I better go and see what the next job on the list is. Things have slid a bit here with not being well so there is a fair bit of stuff to catch up with. Hopefully I will be back before too long with some more cardy stuff but till then have a great day and huggiest of hugs to all xxx

12 comments:

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Dawny :-) Tilda is adorable and the whole design is fab as always :-)
lovely piccy's too ,,, aww :-)
luv
Lols x x x

Donna said...

Another of your beautiful creations Dawny and Tilda is so adorable.
Lovely pics and lets hope you feel on top form soon!

Crafty hugs xx

Kath Stewart said...

gorgeous card as always...christmas and new year was a bit quiet here too...thanks for sharing your beautiful grandkiddies with us...such poppets...hugs kath xxx

Tanya said...

Gorgeous card Dawny, I love those roses :) So pretty :) And your Christmas pics are fab, gorgeous little kiddies and the legs aren't bad either. haha!

Hope you're feeling better soon.

Tags xx

Melissa Bove said...

Adorable and sweet card Dawny!! Love that Tilda!!

And the pics are just precious!! They are both soooo cute!! God bless them!! And don't worry, I didn't think the hairy legs were yours!! LOL You're too funny!!

Happy New Year!

hugs...
Melissa

Elf Designs said...

Hi Dawny. A gorgeous card. We have been full of the snots too lol! Glad to see you had a lovely Christmas from the photos. My little one who is 7 is not to keen on the idea of Santa coming into the house when we're asleep but she still believes how long for I'm not sure she's growing up fast. Happy new year. Em x

Heather said...

A gorgeous card Dawny, your colours are stunning and I love the new Tilda.
The little ones are adorable - although Kyla seem to have grown so much since the lest piccies.

hugs
Heather xx

Lin said...

So cute, Dawny - there are those eyelet flowers again, too! So sorry that you've been under the weather - hope the New Year brings an end to that! Your little ones are darling, too!

Jingle said...

Dawny, this is so super cute! Adorable photos, too! :) Sorry to hear you've been ill! I went through it during Christmas, too! Not fun!

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

ADORABLE Dawny!!! I'm talking about the card AND the babes! :) I love the colors and this new Magnolia collection is so cute :)

*mwah*
Steph
Simon Says Stamp!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card Dawny, loving the image too!

Glenda J said...

This is adorable! Love the flowers! So happy to be playing along with you this month!