Wednesday 23 January 2013

A Krafty Old Bit of Paper Piecing :)

 

Hi there sweet peeps and hope you are all OK today.

It’s another cold one here today and it has been snowing earlier but nothing has really stuck.

Anyway, without further ado, let’s nip across the pond and join our friends over at the Simon Says Stamp challenge and this week our theme is

Paper Piecing

The DT are using products from Lily Bee this week -  you don't have to of course, but if you have them we would love to see them :)

As always, our lovely Heidi is giving away a fabulous …

… for one lucky winner to spend …

… right here :)

So ….

Picture 001 copy

.. here’s what I did.

I did the kraft card thing again – love love love kraft card – and kept it fairly simple.

The papers are from the Lily Bee Head Over Heels paper pad I used them to paper piece the flower from a Hero Arts Clear Stamps To and From Petals stamp set (the leaves are also from that set).

The centre circle was made using one of the stamps from the Hero Arts Clear Stamps Many Dots set

    Picture 004 copy

A sweet little rolled rose made with paper from the Lily Bee paper pack plus a bit of string that was handy :)

 

 

Picture 005 copy

There’s only one thing better than a bit of Tilda Lace and that’s three lots of it  - and all of it inked :))))

The sentiment is from a Hero Arts Clear Stamps Live and Laugh stamp set.

 

Picture 002 copy

Picture 003 copysi

I do quite like simple cards, even though they are sometimes a bit more tricky to make.

Right well that’s me off for today. Don't forget that there is my gorgeous giveaway which is open until next Tuesday – you can see it here if you haven't yet entered.

You gotta be innit to winnit!!!!

Just before I go (Colombo mode yet again lol),  I get quite a few emails asking about the way I do my pics so I thought it might be an idea if I do a little bit of a tutorial – keep watching and I’ll get onto it asap – hope that will help.

See you soon as soon sweet peeps and stay warm and safe.

Huggiest of hugs to all xxx

14 comments:

Jingle said...

WOW! Stunning!!! I am so in love with these colors! Beautiful design!

Kelly Lloyd said...

Love this designed card Dawny, the colour looks perfect with that Kraft.
Hugs Kelly

Sue said...

LOL! I love Colombo!
Your card is stunning, I love the design and such gorgeous colours.
I would love a tutorial to see how you do your pics too.

hugs Sue

Glenda J said...

This is absolutely stunning! LOVE it. Great colours and design.

Lin said...

Oh, Dawny, I do love this design....one of my fave HA stamps that I don't use enough - you have inspired me yet again! Love the colors together, too!

Tamika said...

Dawny, such a lovely card! Funny I have a few slender slips of paper like this leftover hoarding just because and look what you created a master piece!

KandA said...

This is such a fantastic design. I love the stamp and colours with the kraft xx

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

Really cool card, Dawny! I love the kraft, black, & teal combo and I really love the way you layered the lace die :)

*mwah*
Steph
Simon Says Stamp!

debby4000 said...

Dawny your card is brilliant and fabulous too.
luv
Debby

Lorraine A said...

FABULOUS card Dawny !! I just LOVE this ,, so pretty and the colours are gorgeous :-)

luv
Lols x x x

Becky said...

wow, this is gorgeous. Love the paper you used to make the flower

Melissa Bove said...

Wow! Dawny, this is stunning! That flower is gorgeous!!

hugs...

Joy said...

Dawny girl WOW!! stunning and super elegant, love this, hugs

Carol L said...

Your flower is over the top gorgeous, and I love the aqua with kraft color combo! Your card is an amazing creation!!!