Sunday 27 January 2013

Calling All Tilda Fans :)

 

Hi sweet peeps and hope you are all OK and not under 6 feet of snow – blimey it came down heavy last night didn't it!!!

Well today is a very special day because it’s the very first one of these ……..

mag chall banner

…. how fab.
Ribbons and Tilda – could you get a nicer combi, and I just have a feeling in me water that this is going to be a brilliant challenge :)

So let’s get straight in and for our very first week, our theme is

Ribbons & Lace

and there are 2 prizes up for grabs ….

 ten-pound-gift-voucher

love-is-in-the-air

… a sweet Magnolia Stamp 'Love is in the Air' and a £10 voucher towards a shopping spree in the Ribbon Girl online store.

So …

Picture 001 copy    

… this is what I did.

The image I used is Tilda Catching Stars from the Princes & Princesses 2012 collection.
I coloured her with
Distress Inks – I can see an improvement here so I think that I’m starting to get somewhere with them.

Picture 007 copy

The colours I used are -

Skin - Tattered Rose & Vintage Photo
Cheeks - Worn Lipstick & Tea Dye
Hair – Antique Linen & Walnut Stain
Clothes – Dusty Concord, Milled Lavender, Mustard Seed, Wild Honey

The papers are all by Nitwits and they are from the FQB - Life's Little Lemons Collection and Promises Collection.

 

 

Picture 004 copy

Two bows made from 16mm Yellow/White No 106 Berisford Pencil Stripe and 15mm Orchid No 910 Microdot Ribbon and topped with an 18mm Sparkly 2-Hole Button which has been threaded with some natural button twine.

 

 

 

Picture 005 copy

Oh my I am loving these roses :)
They are
Ivory Rolled Paper Roses and they are so delicate – I could never make them with such fine paper. I added a pearl and some leafy things made with a Martha Stewart BRANCH Craft Punch M230367 (from Simon Says Stamp).

You can just about see the  Francesca Border Die which I topped with some 5mm Lemon Cream Loopy Trim

 

 

Picture 006 copy

Another Cheery Lynn die – this one’s Cheery Lynn French Pastry Doily Die

I’ve linked these dies to Sir Stampalot cos Jan has a fab selection there, but if you are ever over at the Lili of The Valley shop, there is a mahoosive selection there as well :)

 

 

Picture 002 copy

Picture 003 copy

So that’s my card all done.

Well it is a quiet old weekend here peeps. My lot have gone to the Cotswolds so we are grandchild-less. It’s one of those things that looks fine on paper but the reality is different and we are soooooo missing them. The house is nice and quiet (and tidy) though so I guess we should enjoy it while we can …. as long as it doesn’t happen to often lol!!

Right, enjoy the rest of your Sunday and don't’ forget to nip over and check out the challenge. Also I still have my gorgeous giveaway and it isn't too late to enter – you can read all about it right here.

Take care, stay warm and safe and see you tomorrow (yes I will be back but I can’t say why!!!)

Huggiest of hugs to all xxx

7 comments:

Ribbon Girl said...

Gorgeous card Dawny - enjoy the peace and quiet - they'll be back soon, hugs mary G x

KandA said...

This is so gorgous. I love the colours and all the paper layers. Fabulous Tilda image too xx

Sue said...

This is so beautiful Dawny. I love the sweet Tilda and the colours, papers and details are totally gorgeous.
I hope you enjoy the rest of the day
Hugs Sue

Fleur said...

STUNNING
HUGZ Fleur xXx

rachel said...

oh so gorgeous Dawny - fabulous xx

Kat W said...

Really beautiful card. Your distress ink colouring looks awesome; I haven't plucked up the courage to have a go yet!
Kat x

XxJULESxX said...

Another gorgeous card love the colour!!!