Tuesday 8 January 2013

I Love Love LOVE Sir Tim – Well, His Inks At Any Rate :)

Picture 011 copy

Hi there sweet peeps and hope that you are all OK today.

It's a cold, wet, grey and gloomy day here in Chester - very depressing!!
I've been struggling to take decent photographs because the light here is practically non-existent, so much so that  I've had to have the house lights on all day, but never mind.

These things are sent to try us I guess - roll on spring , that's all I can say.

So it's that time of the week when we nip over and check out what's happening with the Papertake Weekly gang and this week our theme is

Happy New ….

So what you need to do is to create a card or project such a new house, new baby, new job etc etc or you can use something new from your stash if you want .

We are sponsored today by the sweetness that is Katarina over at Whiff of Joy, and of course there are some beautimous DT cards to feast your eyes on, so nip over and check it all out if you get a minute :)

Picture 006 copy

And this is what I did.
I used one of the new Tildas from the latest collection and I coloured her with Sir Tim's finest- oh I am so loving these inks peeps!!!

These are the colours that I used-

Skin - Tattered Rose & Vintage Photo
Cheeks - Worn Lipstick & Tea Dye
Hair – Antique Linen & Walnut Stain
Clothes - Faded Jeans, Chipped Sapphire, Barn Door & Fired Brick

I am starting to get the effect that I want  from these inks - still not perfect but I'm getting there and practice does make perfect after all.  And I am loving the practise!!!!

The papers are from the fabulous
Nitwits and are from the FQB Glad Tidings Collection - I love blue and red together. And they aren't just for Christmas either!!

 

Picture 009 copy

This gorgeous butterfly is from The Ribbon Girl and they come in packs of 5 for 80p!!
That’s bargainous as well as beautimous!!!

And there's loads of yummy new stuff on the website - must pay a little visit shortly lol!!!

 

Picture 010 copy 

A simple little arrangement!!!

 

Picture 007 copy

Picture 008 copy

So that's the card done for today peeps.

Have you been watching Dancing on Ice?
I'm quite shocked that Pammy's gone so soon I thought she was very graceful and had potential, but what do I know? I have to say that I can't fathom out Ashley Roberts’ train of thought when she's giving her critique!!! It's quite inconsistent to say the least. And I do hope Jason starts to be a bit nicer, the sneering, supercilious swine - I don't like it when he's nasty just for the hell of it  because I'm sure they're all trying the best.

We’ll see!!

Poor Thea came home from nursery last night sporting a huge bite mark on her face. One of the other babies went into Hannibal Lecter mode and tried to bite her nose off – maybe they hadn’t  fed them lol!!!  Poor little thing - I do hope it doesn't put off going. I really don't like biting - I was very lucky that neither of mine were biters. I'm not sure how I would deal with it to be honest.  

Anyway on that note I better go.

I will be back tomorrow but I'll leave you with a little sneaky peekie …..

Picture 001 copy copy 

… and hopefully a better quality picture. Now all we need is some nice light!!

Have a fab evening and huggiest of hugs to all xxx

13 comments:

Unknown said...

Lovely card...
Poor baby Thea... goodness me! Hope she is ok.
Hugs
Kim M
x

Nicola said...

OOh Dawny, I so love this colour combo and your awesome colouration. Floral detail is perfection like everything you do.
Huggles,
Nicola -x-

susiestacey said...

Gorgeous card Dawny, love the Tilda she is so sweet and your colouring is gorgeous as always. Happy New Year x Susan x

Purplecat 64 said...

Hi Dawny
Wow
What a lovely card,
loving your colour combo,
and the flower combinations is fresh,
simply stunning,
hugs,
Heathet & Bronwyn x x

Shazza said...

beautiful work, love the colouring x

Sue said...

Hello Dawny. Your card is gorgeous. I love the sweet Tilda, your colouring is wonderful and the papers are so beautiful.
I know what you mean about the judging on Dancing on Ice, I liked Louis Spense better than Jason that's for sure.
I hope little Thea is okay

Hugs Sue

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Your colouring is great with the DIs, wondered which type of DI you are using, do fancy giving it a try sometime. Fabulous bright colours and that butterfly s gorgeous. Wondered if you knew if Mummy Fairy is OK as Lili' Little Fairies challenge for last week hasn't come up yet and she hasn't been blogging since before Christmas. Hope she isn't poorly.

Annette said...

Fab card Dawn, you're doing far better than me at the DI painting. Mine are looking a bit dull.
Annette
xx

Danni said...

This is beautiful!

Greta said...

Adorable card! Not much light on this side of the pond, either! But, spring will be here before we know it!

jem (jane elizabeth middleton) said...

Hi Dawn Happy New Year.
Love the card , gorgeous colours. I would love to master distress inks , yours are looking mighty fine, can I ask what paper you use and where from ?
janex

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Dawny :-) Tilda is lovely and the colours and layout are FAB :-)

ooh poor Thea :-(

luv
Lols x x x

Ivonne said...

Beautiful card. I love the colors and the coloring is amazing! Hugs, Ivonne