Sunday 30 January 2022

Be Happy and Waste Not Want Not :)




Hello and a very happy Sunday.

I'm sharing a card I made today which kind of happened by accident.


So I'd been using the very lovely Sue Wilson French Marigold Die Set as you saw the other day, and I was about to chuck the waste sheet out and though 'hang on a sec and let's not be so hasty!!'

I thought it might make a nice stencil so that's  what I did. 



This is the sheet here, complete with Distress Ink...






And this ...



... is the card I made.

I used a mix of Mermaid Lagoon, Twisted Citron and Tumbled Glass Distress Inks and applied them onto some watercolour card with a Vaessen Creative Blending Brush - you could use your smoothies or anything you like really. I then cut out a circle using a Sue Wilson Noble Double Stitched Circle die. 


The striped card behind the circle is from the Dots and Stripes 8x8 paper pack and once I'd trimmed it and stuck it down, I edged it with some clear glitter. 


Then I cut a doily shape from Sam Poole's Shabby Doily die, cut it in half and added some Distress Inks to one half. I stuck the plain white half down first then stuck the coloured half over the top of it then stuck down the stencilled circle.





Then I made the flowers ....



.. and I love how they turned out.

I gave then a quick once over with the DIs, shaped them then dabbed a bit of clear glitter onto them. The centres are some small glass beads I had from years back, but you could add what you like really.










This fabulous sentiment is from the Happy Motivation stamp set designed by Francoise Read, and I stamped it first in Mermaid Lagoon then over stamped again in Peeled Paint. 

You get a sort of two tone effect which is quite nice.








So there we are. 
I'm quite glad I didn't chuck that waste card out because it turned out OK. 

Enjoy the rest of your weekend and see you soon.

Hugs, Dawny xx

No comments: