Wednesday 21 May 2014

Who Lives In A House Like This lol :)

Morning lovely peeps and hope you are all OK today.

Thankfully the thunder and lightning didn't return last night - well the thunder did a bit but nothing electrical, phew!!!
I really didn’t want a repeat of Monday night.

It’s only a shortie today but I thought Id share a little something that I took to sunny Peterborough last time we were on Create & Craft and …..

… here it is.

A lovely little birdy house.
If I was a bird, I’d think this was actually a rather fab des res and I’d  be more than happy to live in it  : )

I really like this and it was so much fun to make.

I used a Sissix Bigz XL Birdhouse die and the papers are from the very gorgeous LOTV Pressed In Time paper pads.
I think the soft earthy tones were perfect for this project.

 

 

Picture 006

I used various dies and punches to make the blooms and leaves and also I stuck on some sphagnum moss as well.
It isn't easy to stick it on but if you use blobs of silicone glue and then push the moss into it, it seems to stick OK.


The cute sentiment is from the LOTV
Set 18 - Greetings Postmarks set which I really like. and I stuck it on with a memo pin which I got from Mary at The Ribbon Girl.

And that’s it – it really was a shortie today wasn't it and not at all like me I know lol.

Have the fabbiest of days and I’ll see you soon.
Huggiest of hugs to all xxx

8 comments:

Claire said...

This is brilliant Dawny - so quaint - do you think you can make a bigger one for me to live in LOL!? Love it. Hugs, Claire x

Donna said...

Wow!!! This is an absolutely stunning make. I love it.
Hugs, Donna x

Debbie said...

This is so cute.Love it.Gorgeous project.Hugs Debbie x

Debra K. said...

Hi Dawny. Fabulous little bird house. It's so sweet.
I think we're next for the thunder so I'll have to see if we get it as bad as you did. Take care, Debra x

Jane Savage said...

So clever, Dawny! Never mind the birds I’D like to live there!! :) xx

Rebecca Bradshaw said...

I absolutely love this, it's gorgeous. I love the effect of the moss and the natural colour scheme. I'd love to have a go at something like this myself.
Rebecca.

Marjorie said...

Oh! Wow! This is just so gorgeous Dawny, stunning project hunnie, you really are very clever:)..
Hugs,
Marjorie xx

Loopylou. said...

omg omg omg!!!! love love love Dawny!! thats just fabulous!!!!!
huge hugs Lou xxx